Byrum

AU!

I can't believe no one is talking about this, but did anyone else notice that Wes kicked two touchbacks saturday on kickoffs? With the 5 yards added to the kick and him being a freshman, this is quite a feat, I think in a year or two, we may not have to worry about anyone trying to return the ball on us. That one touchback was through the end zone. I bet he could kick a 60+ yarder.

yeah, I noticed it big time. Especially the one he kicked out of the back of the endzone. That is huge. Wish he'd kick everything out of the back of the endzone. Many times they seem to drop between the 10 yard line and the goal line. Hopefully as he works out and gets stronger we'll see more of those kicks out of the back of the endzone. Tuberville always seems to find great kickers. In fact, that's been a staple at Auburn for a very long time. We all know we are RB U, but I also believe we are Kicker U as well.

He does have a strong leg. I believe the two touchbacks came with the wind at his back. When he had to kick into the wind the kicks were shorter or they were squib kicks. It will be interesting to see how his distance changes as he matures.

Let's hope he can kick that way this weekend. Keeping the ball away from Jones and McFadden will be key. As good as McFadden is I am more worried about stopping Felix Jones during the game.

There was a nice breeze at his back in the first quarter. He was still booming the kicks, but without the breeze, they would have been at the goal line or 5 yard line. Once the wind was in his face, he opted to squib them a little. Unfortunately, that has to be everyone's strategy until they get smart and move the kickoffs back to the 35.

Archived