Some hope for basketball???

autkidd

If my memory serves me correctly we usually have a pretty decent year in basketball when we have a down year in football???

Could this be a special year?

02-03 bball went to sweet 16; football was 9-4 in 02 (beat penn state in capital one bowl).

99-00 bball lost in 2nd round and finished the year #24 in the ap; football was 5-6 (CTT's first year) 99

98-99 bball made it to sweet 16, won the sec regular season and finished #4 in the ap; football was 3-8 in 98

86-87 bball lost in 2nd round to eventual champ indiana, football was 10-2, finished #6 in the ap in 86 (beat USC in citrus bowl)

85-86 bball lost in the elite 8 to eventual champ louisville, finished #9 in both polls, football was 8-4 in 85 (lost to texas a&m in the cotton bowl)

84-85 bball won the sec tourney and lost in sweet 16; football was 9-4 in 84 (beat arkansas in the liberty bowl)

don't know if you really wanted a breakdown like that...but it got me thinking so i looked it up (i hope all of it is correct)

I think it will take more than our football team having a down year for our basketball team to have a special year. This year's squad might make the NCAA tournament, but probably would be wide eyed when they got there so expectations can't be too high. But I did like the breakdown kickinwang. :big:

Well....wonder if Tolbert will get the boot after his meltdown this weekend???

FREAKIN IDIOT!!

Archived