NFL Playoffs

PenguinAUB

quite simple,actually....Like this:  O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!!!!!!!! Great he has colts records (who cares) he has college records, who cares.  He had his best games at Tennessee against the doormats of the league, and folded in the big games. Go ahead and tell me how he lead UT to an SEC championship....yippie...  Sorry, i'm capable of forming my own opinions...and its quite nauseating to me to even watch a game when he plays.  The announcers couldn't kiss his A$$ anymore than they already do.  If he's so great, why did it take the Colts 4 years to win a playoff game with him??? He's not even in the top 5 of QB's in the league, IMO.  You can have your own opinion, and thats fine....But, don't tell me my opinion is wrong... Opinions CANNOT be wrong... :)

The draft scares me to death, because I'm a Raiders fan, and we were terrible enough this year to get the second pick in the draft....and I'm praying to all the football gods, that Al Davis does NOT pick Eli MAnning....

I didn't say your opinion was wrong, I asked how you came to it. It doesn't seem like the statistics support it so I'm curious as to what criteria you judge him by, other than the announcers kissing his ass.

Which five QB's do you think are better than Manning?

As for why it took the Colts four years before they won a playoff game, I don't know. Football is, after all, a team sport and judging by his stats he seems to pull his weight. Would you say that Jim Kelly, who lost four Super Bowls, was overrated? How about Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon? They were all outstanding QB's whose teams never won their big games so would you say they are overrated, too?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My prediction for the Super Bowl is Chiefs/Packers with the Packers winning it.

Chiefs have been to inconsistent down the stretch, D has played poorly. No one has mentioned the Pats, they haven't lost since Sept 28th and have been playing as well as anyone. I don't know if there is a team left that can beat them, especially since they have the home field throughout.

My pick for the Super Bowl is the Pats and the Rams with the Pats winning.

That being said, I'll be pulling for my Titans against them this weekend. I was truly hoping for a Broncs win, the Chiefs would have been a better matchup for Tennessee. Oh well, maybe the Pats are due a loss. :blink:

Guest AuNuma1

Yeah, what Tiger Al said. I wasn't saying you were wrong, pcola, just curious how you formed your opinion, especially after the Mannings have produced very successful results (within their respective careers so far), which would cancel out any "hype".

NFL FAVORITE LINE UNDERDOG O/U

Saturday Rams 7½ Panthers 45

Saturday Patriots 6 Titans 37

Sunday Chiefs 3 Colts 50

Sunday Eagles 4½ Packers 42

there looks to be a lot of colts fans here. i just dont see the colts D being able to stop the Cheifs in the cold in KC. Manning can throw all day but the D has to do some stopping. The only upset i see may be the panthers over rams but rams are the greatest show on turf. i think is panthers offense shows up they could get a win. a lot of people are probably gonna pick the pack over eagles but i dont see it happening. this is the eagle year and since my falcoons are outta the playoffs eagles are my team (i was born in philly.) pats should roll over titans

I don't see the Pats "rolling" over the Titans. If the Titans receivers step up and have a good day, I think it'll be a nail biter. This one will be (forgive me, Lord, for saying this...) "closer than the experts think.

I think (and pray) McNair has a better day than he did against the Ravens and Eddie George gets loose. I don't think holding the Patriots Offense is gonna be a problem. If we can hold Jamal Lewis to well under his season average, then it'll be up to our offense to score big. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

NFL FAVORITE LINE UNDERDOG O/U

Saturday Rams 7½ Panthers 45

Saturday Patriots 6 Titans 37

Sunday Chiefs 3 Colts 50

Sunday Eagles 4½ Packers 42

there looks to be a lot of colts fans here. i just dont see the colts D being able to stop the Cheifs in the cold in KC. Manning can throw all day but the D has to do some stopping. The only upset i see may be the panthers over rams but rams are the greatest show on turf. i think is panthers offense shows up they could get a win. a lot of people are probably gonna pick the pack over eagles but i dont see it happening. this is the eagle year and since my falcoons are outta the playoffs eagles are my team (i was born in philly.) pats should roll over titans

Philly, huh? Who do you like better, Pat's or Geno's???

geno's is for tourists

pats is the place to go

but my granpa says "its all the same cow"

I liked 'em both! The closest thing I've been able to find in a good cheesesteak outside of Philidelphia is Philly Connection. Mmmm.

I am pulling for the Titans and the Panthers. Steve McNair is the ultimate leader that a coach wants as a QB.

PLAYOFFS!?!?!!!?!?! [/Jim Mora]

Hope the Panthers can hold on to this one...

Man, it never fails...say something about it and then the Panthers fall apart in the last few minutes.

Costly delay of game that cost them a game-winning FG in OT...

They get a second chance now, though.

Interesting ball game, to be sure.

Ding, dong, the Rams are dead.

Way to go, Carolina.

Carolina pulls off a great upset!!! That was a good game even though the Panthers were making me crazy!!! Congrats. Now...go Titans!!!

Boy, that Peyton Manning guy really sucks... B)

2 games, no punts for the Colts. Amazing.

Must not have been a big game today. :roll:

Boy, that Peyton Manning guy really sucks... B)

2 games, no punts for the Colts. Amazing.

Must not have been a big game today. :roll:

He's overrated, along with that Harrison guy and Ed James, too. The Colts kicker, Vanderjagt, is really lucky to have a job. Just because he hasn't missed any FG's this season is OK, I guess, but how FAR can he kick the ball???

True enough, but it was a fun game to watch regardless...first time ever in a playoff game that neither team punted.

Guest AuNuma1

I just want to see an exciting game...and I like the McNabb vs Manning matchup better than I would a Manning vs whoever plays for Carolina. And I can't stand the "Pats" QB...

Archived