Hargrave might of had the #1recruiting class

WAR-MATT

Look at all the talent on this team.

Scout

Hargrave Tigers: Committed or Not

Muhammad Wilkerson By Bob Lichtenfels

Regional Recruiting Analyst

Posted Aug 16, 2007

CHATHAM, VA -- As the Hargrave Tigers open camp and we learn who all has landed at the prep school fans still want to know one thing. Are their commitments still committed? Let's take a look at the commitments and break down what they told us.

Kendrick Pressley - The talented wide receiver from Sumter, S.C., emphatically told us "I am going to stick with Virginia Tech, I love it there and that is the only place for me."

Hokie fans can rest easy as Pressley has full intentions of honoring his original decision.

DeAngelo Benton - We have heard conflicting news about Benton. The talented wide receiver announced to us that he was still planning on going to LSU. After our return from Hargrave we have learned that there has not been much communication between Benton and LSU. This could get interesting and we will continue to follow the story.

Andrew Harris - The slender wide receiver from St. Petersburg, Fla., was one of four West Virginia commits who were headed to prep school and one of two that are at Hargrave. Harris, still intends on playing for the Mountaineers.

Dwight Jones - Maybe the most heralded of all the committed players at Hargrave. Jones is excited about the arrival of Butch Davis at North Carolina and he intends on staying there as well.

Randez James - The Duke Blue Devils went to San Antonio, Texas and found themselves a very solid cover cornerback. The speedy James plans on sticking with Duke.

Quillie Odom - The Manassas, Va., linebacker originally committed to Virginia Tech and that is not going to change as he is fully prepared to head to Blacksburg and become a Hokie.

Enrique Davis - Arguably the most talented player on the team didn't leave any room for debate when asked how solid his pledge to Auburn was. "Go War Eagle, Baby."

Devonte Campbell - There is no place like home and Campbell has no problem telling anyone that and it is the reason he committed to the Maryland Terrapins. "Some kids need to leave home, but I need to stay home. My family is my support and I need that."

Terence Kerns - The hulking tailback admits that West Virginia blew him away when he went to Morgantown for a game last fall. The Frederick, Md., native has full intentions of becoming one of the scariest one-two punches in the nation with Noel Devine.

Zach Brown - The athletic linebacker from Columbia, Md., was a late addition to the Maryland Terrapins recruiting class and he fully intends on playing there in 2008.

Chris Zinn - The Olive Branch, Miss., native was committed to Auburn, now it is going to be a matter of just how much progress he shows academically. There is still a possibility that Zinn will be a Tiger.

Sam Jones - Had his offer pulled by NC State, but we have a feeling he will not be without options. If he gets his academics in line, look out. Jones will likely have his choice of what school he wants to attend.

Kerry Murphy - The Hoover, Ala., star has a renewed vigor to his game and he is out to prove himself all over again. One thing he won't have to worry about is college. Murphy is all Tide and he is excited to play for Coach Nick Saban.

Kyle Linney - The Hiddenite, N.C., offensive lineman after not qualifying and heading to Hargrave, he says he is still committed, but we'll look around. We fully expect if he doesn't play for the Wolfpack that he won't have a problem finding a new home.

Tim Lamb - The Tallahassee, Fla., defensive tackle fully intends on becoming an Auburn Tiger.

Jermaine Johnson - See the expalnation for Zinn. If his academics are in order he willlikely return to Auburn, but they will have competition for this specimen.

Muhammad Wilkerson - When Wilkerson was a senior at Linden, N.J., he slid under the radar until the Temple Owls scooped him up. Now, Wilkerson is on the grand stage and we expect him to garner a lot more interest. For the time being he is looking around. "I think I'm going to keep my options open a little bit and see what happens."

If we started a thread with all of my grammar errors it would be longer than the Beat Down thread. C English student and damn proud of it. B)

Archived