Pics. of New Jumbotron Construction

WAR-MATT

Is that the outdoor swimming pool that has been such a hang up for so long? It looks like it belongs at the Elk's Lodge.

Bigger than this????

bigscreenwp7.jpg

yes

if these dimentions are correct click here

7. Kansas State 23 x 62 1,426

ours will be 824 square feet bigger (30ft x 70ft) AND in hi-def

From the KState site

2006: New video and message boards are installed at the north and south ends of Bill Snyder Family Stadium at a cost of $1.7 million. Th south end of the stadium receives a fully integrated ProStar VideoPlus display system that measures a whopping 23’ X 61’ and is one of the biggest in college football.

Wikipedia link and a mention of the new screen

Da link

Daktronics is a world leader in large video displays.

They bought a company called Keyframe that does the audio and visuals on most of the boards for sporting events.

A Nudder Link

I only mention this as the person who started Keyframe is a high school friend, I new he sold his company didn't realize it was Keyframe but should would be nice to get a quality team to run the show....

Yeah but it'll be mostly ads... <_<

It’s exciting to see progress, this new screen has me a little worried-

Look at all the hype that surrounded the Texas ‘Godzillatron’ when it was built for the 2006 season – When used for games this past fall, over 50% of that massive screen was advertisements. New Texas scoreboard name: ‘Adzillatron.’ (type that in google / yahoo and see how much negative publicity it got)

If our new ribbon boards from last season are any indication, I fully expect our new screen to be covered in ads. :no:

Hopefully I’m wrong…

it says "the new video board will be approximately twice the size of the previous one"

that isn't exactly huge. I guess Turner Field has spoiled me a little.

they have recently unloaded a few large crates with what i guess is the actual screen hardware and it is still under construction

Archived