Hit Me with Your Best Shot...

DKW 86

To get sappy - Chicago 17. .

Went to see Chicago in Auburn. I was toasted (I was stupid back in the day). Apparently so were they. They forgot the words to several songs. They sucked in concert.

Also saw a staggering Hank Jr. forget the words to a lot of songs once in concert. Then he farted in the microphone. I've hated country music ever since. In my humble opinion, Alabama (the band) sucks monkey nads. Big hairy ones. They only have one song worth crap on toast. Garth Brooks is one of the biggest frauds to ever walk the face of the earth. I despise his music. The only redeeming feature he has at all is that he's a KISS fan, but he soiled that by blatantly ripping off parts of their stage show and incorporating it into his. He's a punk. I'd kick him in the painful place if I had the chance.

But if you HAVE to add some country to the 80s discussion there are only three things worth bringing up.

Urban Cowboy -- Lookin' For Love in All the Wrong Places

Kenny Rogers -- Best of. With Lady (written by Lionel Richie) on it.

Charlie Daniels -- His concerts rocked back in the day.

Sounds like you have love in the first degree when thinking of Alabama. They pretty much kept country music alive during the 80's. That was the transition from super traditional to the sound we hear today. They kept churning out hit after hit until they were named group of the DECADE. Ten years worth of #1 hits and you say they sucked? You sound like a woman down on her love.

The 80's were back when Lorrie Morgan was still hot, Daddy's Hands took care of us, and Tanya looked a wee bit less rode hard and put up wet. You must have been drunk the day your mom got out of prison. You really need to ask Grandpa Tell Me About the Good Ole Days. Then again, you must be an Old Hippie who don't know what to do wondering around thinking that it's Only Make Believe. One night when you and your lady are sitting on the front porch just a Swingin, you might want to discuss how to Hire a Wino to Decorate Your Home. That way you can Love a Rainy Night safely from the house. Then you can ask your wife, Are You Ever GGonna Love Me? Then she'll say it's Party Time but you'll just want to go Fishin In The Dark and that will make her Cry Cry Cry. But then she'll stand up and say she's one of the 80's Ladies who will not be left out in the Smokey Mountain Rain because she's No Stranger To The Rain. Well now she's gone of with her friend telling her how she would love to be Out of Her Shoes tonight because her husbands a jerk out fishin in the dark listening to some Mountain Music. But you don't care because you ore on a Natural High. Then she comes home and you tell her, You look So Good In Love so Let's Chase Each Other Around the Room yelling I'd Love To Lay You Down. About that time someone races by in an old vette like The One You Loved Back Then and kills your dog. Now Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On running out the door wailing cause Life Turned Her That Way. You arrive next to her and Sing Dixie As He Died. Then you yell that yo are gonna get the Long Haired Country Boy, come Hell or High Water. This concludes your one night journey through the country music hits of the 80's. Now I have to go, cause All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight.

Guest Tigrinum Major

How is this conversation complete without a mention of "She Blinded Me With Science" by one Thomas Dolby?

To get sappy - Chicago 17. .

Went to see Chicago in Auburn. I was toasted (I was stupid back in the day). Apparently so were they. They forgot the words to several songs. They sucked in concert.

Also saw a staggering Hank Jr. forget the words to a lot of songs once in concert. Then he farted in the microphone. I've hated country music ever since. In my humble opinion, Alabama (the band) sucks monkey nads. Big hairy ones. They only have one song worth crap on toast. Garth Brooks is one of the biggest frauds to ever walk the face of the earth. I despise his music. The only redeeming feature he has at all is that he's a KISS fan, but he soiled that by blatantly ripping off parts of their stage show and incorporating it into his. He's a punk. I'd kick him in the painful place if I had the chance.

But if you HAVE to add some country to the 80s discussion there are only three things worth bringing up.

Urban Cowboy -- Lookin' For Love in All the Wrong Places

Kenny Rogers -- Best of. With Lady (written by Lionel Richie) on it.

Charlie Daniels -- His concerts rocked back in the day.

Ah, you're just p.o.ed that nobody is showing any unpainted KISS love.

Chicago got me thinking of an old "mix tape" I had. Remember these bands?

Depeche Mode (way too many to list)

Duran Duran (too many again)

Eurasure (Who Need's Love Like that, Oh L'amour, etc.)

Men at Work (Who Can It Be now)

Alphaville (the original Forever Young cover)

Simple Minds (Don't You, Forget About Me)

Tears for Fears

Thompson Twins

Huey Lewis and The News

Hall and Oats

a-ha

Tears for Fears

Thompson Twins

Huey Lewis and The News

Hall and Oats

a-ha

The first song that I think of when I hear Men at Work is "Land Down Under". I immediately jump up when I hear it and start pretending to dig a hole. (go to the 1:40 mark)

Tears for Fears

Thompson Twins

Huey Lewis and The News

Hall and Oats

a-ha

I had the "Love Tape"

Lionel Richie/Commodores -- "Still", "Easy", "Three Times", "Endless Love"

Jeffery Osborne - "Wings of Love"

Kenny Rogers - "Lady"

Phil Collins - "Take a Look at Me Now"

Chicago - "If you leave me now"

Air Supply - "Lost In Love"

Joe Cocker - "Up Where We Belong"

Dan Hill - "Can't We Try"

Berlin - "Take My Breath Away"

Atlanta Rhythm Section - "So Into You"

Peabo Bryson - "Tonight I celebrate"

James Ingram - "Just Once"

Climax Blues Band - "I Love You"

Heatwave - "Always and Forever"

Kool and the Gang - "Cherish"

EWF - "After the Love Has Gone"

There were a few more.

A few of my favorites

Flock of Sea Gulls- I ran

Dexys midnight runners- hungry like the wolf

Ah Ha- take on me

Toto - Africa

A few of my favorites

Flock of Sea Gulls- I ran

Dexys midnight runners Duran Duran- hungry like the wolf

Ah Ha- take on me

Toto - Africa

Guest Tigrinum Major

That was Duran Duran. Dexys was "Come On, Eileen".

Some of us are so old we now wonder about Altzheimers....

Some of my favorite 80's Hair Metal (aside from the previously mentioned GNR):

Home Sweet Home: Motley Crue

Every Rose Has Its Thorn and I Won't Forget You: Poison

Don't Know What You Got: Cinderella

I Remember You and 18 and Life: Skid Row

Thanks I was in a hurry to leave the house for work! I was pressing :lol:

Hey hey how can we forget these two. I was born in 85 so I'm still learning about the 80's music, got the 60's and most of the 70's nailed down.

Survivor-"Eye of the Tiger"

Bonnie Tyler - "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

Archived