Best Christmas movie?

Tigermike

I never get tired of watching "A Christmas Story", absolutely hilarious. :D:D

Ralphie is too funny. :D

A Christmas Story

PG, Comedy Drama, 1hr 35min

Melinda Dillon, Darren McGavin, Peter Billingsley ...more

Based on an autobiographical story by American humorist Jean Shepherd, A Christmas Story ranks as one of the funniest holiday tales on film. Set in a 1940s-era Midwestern town and told from the viewpoints of a nine-year old boy who only wants one thing for Christmas, a Red Ryder BB gun. The episodic tale chronicles not only his schemes to convince his mother and father to buy him one, but also offers a warmly nostalgic look into 1940s middle-class American life. With just the right mix of slapstick, gentle humor, satire and pathos, it is a film that has something to delight viewers of all ages. ~ Sandra Brennan, All ... Read moreBased on an autobiographical story by American humorist Jean Shepherd, A Christmas Story ranks as one of the funniest holiday tales on film. Set in a 1940s-era Midwestern town and told from the viewpoints of a nine-year old boy who only wants one thing for Christmas, a Red Ryder BB gun. The episodic tale chronicles not only his schemes to convince his mother and father to buy him one, but also offers a warmly nostalgic look into 1940s middle-class American life. With just the right mix of slapstick, gentle humor, satire and pathos, it is a film that has something to delight viewers of all ages. ~ Sandra Brennan,

Yeah, that's certainly a good one. TNT's "24-hrs of a Christmas Story" means you'll never have to worry about missing it. The Christmas dinner scene at the Chinese restraunt cracks me up every time -- just one of many scenes.

I'm not big on It's a Wonderful Life. No particular reason, ... just that if I had a choice I'd rather watch A Christmas Carol because it seems a more timeless message. I think I've seen all the versions of it too, from the 1951 version to the one starring George C. Scott as Scrooge, and even the Muppets' version & the one with Mr. Magoo.

Bah! Humbug!

#1 National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

#2 A Christmas Story

#3 Miracle on 34th Street

#4 The Bells of St. Mary

#5 How the Grinch Stole Christmas

#6 A Christmas Carol (pick a version)

#7 It's A Wonderful Life

#8 Home Alone

#9 Die Hard

#10 The Santa Clause

#11 Prancer

#12 Scrooged

#14 Holiday Inn

#14 Charlie Brown Christmas

#15 Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer

#16 The Muppet Christmas Carol

#17 Christmas Comes to Willow Creek

#18 Jingle All The Way

#19 A Smokey Mountain Christmas

#20 The Night They Saved Christmas

#21 Frosty the Snowman

#22 Ernest Saves Christmas

#23 Nestor-The Long Eared Donkey

#24 Any Little House or Walton's Christmas special

#25 American Chopper Christmas Special :D

How's that for a list. :lol::lol:

"daddy is gonna' kill Ralphie!"

"Show mommy how the little piggie eats."

"Okay, Black Bart, Now YOU get yours!"

"I like the Wizard of Oz.....I like the Tin man."

WAR EAGLE !~!

#1 National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

#2 A Christmas Story

#3 Miracle on 34th Street

#4 The Bells of St. Mary

#5 How the Grinch Stole Christmas

#6 A Christmas Carol (pick a version)

#7 It's A Wonderful Life

#8 Home Alone

#9 Die Hard

#10 The Santa Clause

#11 Prancer

#12 Scrooged

#14 Holiday Inn

#14 Charlie Brown Christmas

#15 Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer

#16 The Muppet Christmas Carol

#17 Christmas Comes to Willow Creek

#18 Jingle All The Way

#19 A Smokey Mountain Christmas

#20 The Night They Saved Christmas

#21 Frosty the Snowman

#22 Ernest Saves Christmas

#23 Nestor-The Long Eared Donkey

#24 Any Little House or Walton's Christmas special

#25 American Chopper Christmas Special  :D

How's that for a list. :lol:   :lol:

Hey, it was about a Christmas party that got out of hand. :lol:

I have TIVO, so I try to watch all my favorites every year. :D

I never get tired of watching "A Christmas Story", absolutely hilarious. :D:D

Ralphie is too funny. :D

A Christmas Story

PG, Comedy Drama, 1hr 35min

Melinda Dillon, Darren McGavin, Peter Billingsley ...more

Based on an autobiographical story by American humorist Jean Shepherd, A Christmas Story ranks as one of the funniest holiday tales on film. Set in a 1940s-era Midwestern town and told from the viewpoints of a nine-year old boy who only wants one thing for Christmas, a Red Ryder BB gun. The episodic tale chronicles not only his schemes to convince his mother and father to buy him one, but also offers a warmly nostalgic look into 1940s middle-class American life. With just the right mix of slapstick, gentle humor, satire and pathos, it is a film that has something to delight viewers of all ages. ~ Sandra Brennan, All ... Read moreBased on an autobiographical story by American humorist Jean Shepherd, A Christmas Story ranks as one of the funniest holiday tales on film. Set in a 1940s-era Midwestern town and told from the viewpoints of a nine-year old boy who only wants one thing for Christmas, a Red Ryder BB gun. The episodic tale chronicles not only his schemes to convince his mother and father to buy him one, but also offers a warmly nostalgic look into 1940s middle-class American life. With just the right mix of slapstick, gentle humor, satire and pathos, it is a film that has something to delight viewers of all ages. ~ Sandra Brennan,

That'd have to be my favorite as well...... "Kid, you'll shoot your eye out!!"

Natonal Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!

"It is GOO - OOD!"

"Save the neck for me, Clark!!!"

"Play Ball!!!!"

"Grace? Grace has been dead forty years!"

"Rub my corns for me and I'll give you a whole quarter!"

"Falls down a well, eyes go crossed. Kicked by a mule, they go back straight, whooda thought it?"

"Do you have a kiss for Grandpa?" "Um, I wouldn't do that, Art - he's got a lip fungus they ain't identified yet..."

Watching that movie is a family tradition at our house - has been for YEARS.

My other favorite is, like everyone else, The Red Rider BB Gun Movie!!

"Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie!" :lol::lol::lol: Me too, WarTim - best line in the movie!!!

Am the only person in the world that hasn't seen Christmas Story? I can flip channels with the best of them, and I cannot recall every flipping by that movie. I guess next year I will have to look for the DVD or tape...

Am the only person in the world that hasn't seen Christmas Story? I can flip channels with the best of them, and I cannot recall every flipping by that movie. I guess next year I will have to look for the DVD or tape...

It would have been hard to mis that movie in North Alabama. One of the local stations had a 24-hour moviethon of the Christmas Story. They played it back-to-back for 24 hours.

Am the only person in the world that hasn't seen Christmas Story?  I can flip channels with the best of them, and I cannot recall every flipping by that movie.  I guess next year I will have to look for the DVD or tape...

It would have been hard to mis that movie in North Alabama. One of the local stations had a 24-hour moviethon of the Christmas Story. They played it back-to-back for 24 hours.

Yeah, it was on all the time. I think it watched it on Dec. 1 this year on AMC. I have DirecTV, but It was on at least 20 different times on alot of different channels. Rexbo, I can't believe you have never seen it. You have at least seen Rudolph haven't you? :lol::D

Archived