Where does the RB position at AU rank?

WAR-MATT

Saw this on ITAT and would like to see what AUNation's response to it would be.

The consensus on there was second behind QB for USC.

In terms of teams that are known for putting out skilled players at a certain position I would have to say the list would include (in no particular order).

Auburn - RB

BYU - QB (Young, McMahon, Detmer)

Notre Dame - QB (Quinn, Theisman, Montana, Hornung)

USC QB

USC - RB (Simpson, White, Others from the '60's and '70's)

USC - Safety (Lott, Polamalu)

Penn St - LB (Arrington, Poslausky [sp?], Huff)

Miami - WR

FSU - DE

I'm sure there are others, but these are just from the top of my head.

AU - Running Back U./Tailback U (Fredrickson, Brooks, Cribbs, Jackson, James, Fullwood, Bostic, Davis, Johnson, Williams, Brown, and Irons). It doesn't get any deeper than that at any other school, period.

Miami and BYU - QB (McMahon, Young, and Detmer for BYU. Kelley, Kosar, Walsh, Toretta, and Dorsey for Miami.)

Penn State - LB (Arrington, Huff, and Matt Millen)

Miami - Defense (At least over the last 30 years. Sapp, Lewis, Blades, The Roc, lol)

I would say that is a fair assessment. USC has had 5 backs win the Heisman trophy. Mike Garrett 1965, O.J. Simpson 1968, Charles White 1979, Marcus Allen 1981, and Reggie Bush 2005. They have had some other great backs as well such as Clarence Davis, Anthony Davis, Ricky Bell, and others.

AU - Running Back U./Tailback U (Fredrickson, Brooks, Cribbs, Jackson, James, Fullwood, Bostic, Davis, Johnson, Williams, Brown, and Irons). It doesn't get any deeper than that at any other school, period.

Miami and BYU - QB (McMahon, Young, and Detmer for BYU. Kelley, Kosar, Walsh, Toretta, and Dorsey for Miami.)

Miami - Defense (At least over the last 30 years. Sapp, Lewis, Blades, The Roc, lol)

Don't forget William Andrews and Brandon Jacobs (even with a 1 year run at AU )

Don't forget William Andrews and Brandon Jacobs (even with a 1 year run at AU )

Don't forget a couple of all-pro fullbacks,Tony Richardson and Fred Beasley. Also, Heath Evans is doing well in New England. He even had a 100 yard rushing game a couple of years ago when all of New England's runningbacks were injured and he was forced to play tailback...WDE

Guest BoStillKnows

Auburn's backs in 1970, Wallace Clark and Mickey Zofko, were drafted by Atlanta and Detroit respectively.

Zofko played about five years and I am not sure if Clark made the Falcons roster or not; but, it was another year in which the AU backfield was drafted by the NFL.

Archived