Composite Pre-Season Top 25s

DKW 86

New OC at AU in 2004, Campbell has best year ever. I know the difference is that JC had played the years before. I think Flynn is a very good, smart QB. BEfore that LSU/UM bowl game when they said Flynn was starting I told my brother "Just watch, LSU will hang 30+ on the canes." LSU lost starters on the D side, if their D is anywhere close to previous years they will be hanging in the top 5, top 10 all year I think.

Arkansas I think could battle for the west crown. They were able to win in last year even with mediocre to horrible QB play. I think other Ds are going to really zero in on their running game to shut down McFadden and Jones, but going to depend on their OL. I believe they return several on D, so in theory they should be improved on D.

I'm still waiting for Phil Steele's rankings. He has historically been more accurate than all the others.

Except for his annual profession of man-love for Bammie, the "Dark Horse" every year since 1937.

Ark will have a HUGE OL, as usual, and McFadden/Jones will destroy teams this year just like last year. Lots of turmoil up there, but it's from a small group of players with the best 2 now gone. Nutt is the best motivator in the SEC and this team will be playing for his job. 9 wins with losses to AU, UT & LSU.

LSU is LOADED at the USC (west coast) level. Knock Miles all you want, but not many coaches could take the Katrina disaster and convert it into 11 wins. Flynn is easily in the top half of SEC QB's regardless of his PT. Hell, WE recruited him so he must be good, right??

I like our spot at 14ish. I've got a good feeling about this team...

LSU is LOADED at the USC (west coast) level. Knock Miles all you want, but not many coaches could take the Katrina disaster and convert it into 11 wins.

I have heard that for the last 2 years yet LSU hasn't won the SEC.

Miles may be the best coach in the entire universe but until he wins the SEC....he won't get the benefit of the doubt of a lot of the country

as for the "what if mcfadden gets hurt" thing... why go there? what if brandon gets hurt? auburn's going to have a rough time replacing him. what if tim tebow gets hurt? florida has no real backup. PLENTY of teams are one downed star away from mediocrity. you don't make predictions based on the possibility of a guy going down unless the guy has an undeniable track record of injury. mcfadden has none so it'd be ridiculous to predict arkansas' season based on the "what if he's hurt" scenario. (and a little sick/weird, since it means you contemplating the injury of a 20 year old)

There is nothing "sick/weird" about raising a question about injury since it happens all the time, especially in response to someone is betting on a team's success primarily because of one player. Even a high ankle sprain can make a big impact. Ask Kenny. The issue is about balance, IMO. Predictions are all about "contemplating." Get over your judgemental self.

I don't see Arky as a top ten team. You seemingly do, becuause you think they have the SEC's best player.

for lsu, running back is a bigger worry than qb. flynn is one of the best in the conference whether he sat behind the number one pick in the nfl draft or not. plus, miles isn't a problem. he's a 10-11 win coach every year in the sec so far... hard to knock him with any sort of validity at this point.

arkansas (i've been over this a lot) had no qb and played against 8-9 man fronts all of last year, and they have the best offensive player in this conference since bo jackson... so it doesn't matter. they're not going to fall off this year no matter what people think of nutt or dick (fun sentence).

usc won't win it all. ucla is gonna beat them again because they have a better defense and a better qb.

I see where your coming from but I still think both teams will struggle this year Neither will be in the top 5 at the end of the year! I know that Mcfadden ran all over Au last year, but Arky is going to fall apart this year and I will enjoy watching every minute of it! when Miles went to Lsu he inherited so much talent anybody could have coached them to 10 wins, even shula

Archived