The Grade Change "Scandal" Poll

DKW 86

The Grade Change "Scandal" Poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Did this "scandal" really hurt Auburn/

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Really
  2. 2. Is this scandal more about WHEN it came out?

• Yes, shows someone trying to run Saban scandal out of the headlines
    • No, it was just what it was a typical negative summer story on AU.
    • We wont know for quite some time.
  3. 3. What else does this reveal?

• Desperation on the part of those that started it.
    • That smears on anyone can happen with the fools in the press.
    • Any story will get headlines when the summer boring season is on us.

The last two beatwriters assigned to Auburn by the MPR are an Ole Miss grad (assigned when Tuberville was hired) and a former editor of the Crimson White -- quite possibly the worst student newspaper in the nation.

Black helicopters? You decide. What if the last two beatwriters the paper had assigned for Alabama were David Housel and a writer from the Baton Rouge newspaper? I'm sure that would give you reason to think the paper was just being fair.

You mind giving us the rundown of the background for all the other sportswriters for the MPR? Without knowing those facts, it is unfair to comment.

This story going to a former Crimson White editor is no big deal. Afterall, it had nothing to do with Auburn.

Not the story, BG, the beatwriter. The everyday reporter for Auburn stories is the ex editor of the CW. Of course you wouldn't see a problem with that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BG being the typical smarta** when he has nothing to support his statements. I make a typo or two and it does not surprise me that he points that out to start off his rebuttal. All hail the mighty and all knowing BG. We just can't measure up to him guys. We can't be as perfect as him. Why do we ever try to debate with him?

RWS, we are not saying you guys think AU had anything to do with it, so try reading the posts a little more carefully. It is the fact that some of you bammers on the board think that we are full of bs when we tell you that the headlines about it were purposely misleading. Just read BG's perfectly written posts. :rolleyes:

FYI...BG, I would put up my grammar and writing skills up against your's any day in a professional environment. ;)

Let me try and show an example if you will indulge me.

Bama Fans tied to homosexual sex scandal

The AUNation has learned that two of it's posters have been tied to a homosexual day spa. They are the two Alabama fan posters who most frequent the AUN boards. This scandalous spa was actually shut down two years ago, but the two were spotted outside the condemned building last week.

Well, they weren't actually tied to the scandal, it just happens that they were spotted walking outside the Gay Day Spa on their way to their lunch spot for the day.

Can anyone guess who I am talking about? Do they look guilty based on the hedadline? Did they really appear guilty after reading everything?

Stay tuned...next week, I will give an example of a dangling participle.

If you are going to cry foul, why not start out with the people who wrote the story, instead of blaming Alabama.

Why should we blame the dancing monkey and not the organ-grinder who's providing the music?

The AUNation has learned that two of it's posters have been tied to a homosexual day spa. They are the two Alabama fan posters who most frequent the AUN boards. This scandalous spa was actually shut down two years ago, but the two were spotted outside the condemned building last week.

Well, they weren't actually tied to the scandal, it just happens that they were spotted walking outside the Gay Day Spa on their way to their lunch spot for the day.

Can anyone guess who I am talking about? Do they look guilty based on the hedadline? Did they really appear guilty after reading everything?

Sigh. Maybe that would work if the article said "Auburn University tied to grade change scandal".

I can always count on BG3 for a good laugh. Got to love that unflinching dedication to UAT and he is willing to take a pounding on this board in trying to convince us that UAT is a light on the hill for all other schools in the state and even the rest of the SEC.

Sigh. Maybe that would work if the article said "Auburn University tied to grade change scandal".

Luckily it just said Auburn Recruits tied to Grade Changing Scandal...that's a complete 180, right?

Luckily it just said Auburn Recruits tied to Grade Changing Scandal...that's a complete 180, right?

Were they not Auburn recruits?

Were they not Auburn recruits?

Are they the only athletes in the state of Alabama whose high school grades have been questioned by the NCAA Clearninghouse? I don't think so. Will the other stories get the same play? I don't think so. If the reasons for the change are discovered to be innocuous will the story get any press? I don't think so. If the reasons for the grade changes have a hidden motive -- even though neither player had even narrowed his list down at the time the changes were made -- will that prevent the MPR from splashing this over the headlines again? I don't think so.

BS, are you stating that unless you have a link there is no way a bammer signee ever had his grades changed?

How about Kerry Murphy. Most schools backed off because they saw his transcripts. He inks with bammer and now he's a Rhodes Scholar. Can you explain that one?

Everything you post is bullshane, which is why I will forever refer to you as BS and not BG. I remember when you were bammerstudent03. The name change hasn't impacted the level of crap you post...

BS, are you stating that unless you have a link there is no way a bammer signee ever had his grades changed?

How about Kerry Murphy. Most schools backed off because they saw his transcripts. He inks with bammer and now he's a Rhodes Scholar. Can you explain that one?

Everything you post is bullshane, which is why I will forever refer to you as BS and not BG. I remember when you were bammerstudent03. The name change hasn't impacted the level of crap you post...

No. I doubt there are many D1 programs who DON'T have players on their team with some changed grade down the line. I don't know where you got that. And that isn't what I've been saying for the last 4 pages.

Kerry Murphy? Who said he is a scholar at all? Most Bama fans don't expect him to make it into school.

I think you get a little too heated when you read my posts. You are pulling from them things that aren't there.

If in fact, Kerry Murphy didn't graduate from high school, I'm going out on a limb here and guess he WON'T enroll at Bama. Just a hunch but I'm pretty accurate about that sort of thing.

If in fact, Kerry Murphy didn't graduate from high school, I'm going out on a limb here and guess he WON'T enroll at Bama. Just a hunch but I'm pretty accurate about that sort of thing.

100% once again.

Archived