Lindys Unit Rankings

BAMMERPERRY

Isn't Early Doucet the guy that took a knee on the one yard line a few years back?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Early Doucet the guy that took a knee on the one yard line a few years back?

D-A.jpg

Hahaha I still laugh my butt off when I think about that! Seriously, any time, I mean ANY time an LSU fan tries to talk trash on this forum, we just need to whip out that picture.

I'm not saying the kid is slow. I'm saying that your assertion is false: there are receivers in the SEC that are faster than Brown.

If there are, it is by the slimmest of margins.

Stover had a big day because we shut your two top dogs down. When the going gets tough in big games, Brown draws up. He is no gamer. By the way, who won that game?

JPW completed passes to 9 receivers that day. So the action was pretty spread around. But your point further proves my point. We are deep at WR. Even if you shut down our 1 and 2 guy, we are gonna have a guy bust open for 100 yard game. How many times did AU's 4th receiver have a 100 yard game last year?

And as far as who won the game...are you REALLY gonna use that sorry argument? It's tired, it's weak, and it's a fall back when you have no argument.

I guess Stafford and Mustain are FAR better QBs than Cox is. I guess Nutt is a better coach than CTT. I guess every player that played for Arkansas and UGA are better than every player that played for Auburn. That HAS to be the case...right?

Stover had a big day? Come ON, BG. He caught one pass for 52 yards on a play where the defense was napping. Muschamp admitted that he blew that call. That was half of his yards for the day and more than a quarter of his yards for the season.

ANY squirrel -- from Lee Guess to Calvin Johnson -- can find an acorn every once in a while. Yeah, I'm sooooo so worried about Stover. I hope coaches are gameplanning for him or he might just blow it up. <_<

Stover had a big day? Come ON, BG. He caught one pass for 52 yards on a play where the defense was napping. Muschamp admitted that he blew that call. That was half of his yards for the day and more than a quarter of his yards for the season.

ANY squirrel -- from Lee Guess to Calvin Johnson -- can find an acorn every once in a while. Yeah, I'm sooooo so worried about Stover. I hope coaches are gameplanning for him or he might just blow it up.

Yeah, let us take away 52 of his yards because it happened on one play. Even if you do take away 52 yards, he still had 49 yards after that. Which is only 11 short of your best receiver that day, Carl Stewart. Take away Carl's 37 yarder, and your best receiver, a Fullback, went for a whopping 23 yards. BC completed passes to 3 guys that day, for 55, 60, and 22 yards. Yeah, you guys are light years ahead of us in the receiving dept.

ANY squirrel -- from Lee Guess to Calvin Johnson -- can find an acorn every once in a while. Yeah, I'm sooooo so worried about Stover. I hope coaches are gameplanning for him or he might just blow it up.

Yeah, let us take away 52 of his yards because it happened on one play. Even if you do take away 52 yards, he still had 49 yards after that. Which is only 11 short of your best receiver that day, Carl Stewart. Take away Carl's 37 yarder, and your best receiver, a Fullback, went for a whopping 23 yards. BC completed passes to 3 guys that day, for 55, 60, and 22 yards. Yeah, you guys are light years ahead of us in the receiving dept.

Why are you arguing a point not in contention? Stover didn't have a "breakout game" he had a big play. Wow. Amazing. No insignificant receiver in college football history has ever had a big play.

Alabama's receivers are AVERAGE. That's the point. If they're the best (or even near the best) the SEC has to offer, it's a woefully bad year for receivers in the league. Anything else you try to throw into the discussion is merely diversion.

How Alabama's receivers compare to Auburn's is not the issue. YOU would like to make it the issue, but it's not. Auburn is thin at receiver right now. There's potential but no established playmakers.

You made the certifiably insane comment that two of Bama's receivers would be off the draft board by the end of round two. Again, that has nothing to do with the issue in play, but to that point: None of the guys on your team now would start ahead of Aromashodu, Obomanu, Mix or Taylor. It's highly unlikely that any of the guys on Bama's team will fare any better than they did in the draft.

You keep talking about "game speed." That's not quantifiable and is clearly subject to intepretation. You should concede that point. Your guy isn't the fastest and may not be in the top 50. "Game speed" doesn't count.

Why are you arguing a point not in contention? Stover didn't have a "breakout game" he had a big play. Wow. Amazing. No insignificant receiver in college football history has ever had a big play.

Alabama's receivers are AVERAGE. That's the point. If they're the best (or even near the best) the SEC has to offer, it's a woefully bad year for receivers in the league. Anything else you try to throw into the discussion is merely diversion.

How Alabama's receivers compare to Auburn's is not the issue. YOU would like to make it the issue, but it's not. Auburn is thin at receiver right now. There's potential but no established playmakers.

You made the certifiably insane comment that two of Bama's receivers would be off the draft board by the end of round two. Again, that has nothing to do with the issue in play, but to that point: None of the guys on your team now would start ahead of Aromashodu, Obomanu, Mix or Taylor. It's highly unlikely that any of the guys on Bama's team will fare any better than they did in the draft.

You keep talking about "game speed." That's not quantifiable and is clearly subject to intepretation. You should concede that point. Your guy isn't the fastest and may not be in the top 50. "Game speed" doesn't count.

Whatever. You don't know of 50 WRs in the SEC, I doubt you could name 15 off the top of your head. At least ones not playing for AU.

Bottom line, we will see this season. I made a bet last year with a member of this board about UA WRs vs AUs...and was proven to be correct. This after a week of you guys telling me I was insane and that your WRs were light years ahead of ours.

I'll tell you, right now, Alabama's top 4 WRs will finish in the top 3 in the SEC in receiving (as a group) when compared to any other team's top 4. And we will have two go in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Save it. Lock it up. Whatever.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Who won the game?

I wouldn't care if Greg Smith had burned his redshirt and caught 2 balls out of the backfield for -5 yards to lead the team in receiving that day as long as we won. One game is a crappy comparision.

I don't know who the fatest WR in the SEC is, nor do I care. I don't believe it to be Keith Brown, but I might be biased.

You like yours, I like mines and you're arguing with a crumudgeon and an attorney.

Life is too short.

I'll tell you, right now, Alabama's top 4 WRs will finish in the top 3 in the SEC in receiving (as a group) when compared to any other team's top 4. And we will have two go in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Save it. Lock it up. Whatever.

:roflol:

You're going to regret this.

Aaaaaaaand done.

Alabama Top 4 WR's finish in the Top 3 in the SEC? Could happen....

Alabama win the West/SEC in football next year? Could happen....

Alabama beat Auburn next year? Could happen

Alabama beat UGA next year? Could happen...probably will

Alabama have 2 WR drafted in the first 2 rounds next year? Will not happen...ever

Alabama Top 4 WR's finish in the Top 3 in the SEC? Could happen....

Alabama win the West/SEC in football next year? Could happen....

Alabama beat Auburn next year? Could happen

Alabama beat UGA next year? Could happen...probably will

Alabama have 2 WR drafted in the first 2 rounds next year? Will not happen...ever

Your Dawgs had better NOT lose to Bama.

I'll admit that one is a longshot. I looked back at the WRs drafted from last year, and only about 11 of them went in the first two rounds. I thought it would be more like 15. But that is ok. I'm not going to back off my statement. I already made it.

Bottom line, I think after next year, there will be a lot of people impressed with our WR talent. Maybe not AU fans, but everyone else for sure.

I'm not saying the kid is slow. I'm saying that your assertion is false: there are receivers in the SEC that are faster than Brown.

If there are, it is by the slimmest of margins.

Stover had a big day because we shut your two top dogs down. When the going gets tough in big games, Brown draws up. He is no gamer. By the way, who won that game?

JPW completed passes to 9 receivers that day. So the action was pretty spread around. But your point further proves my point. We are deep at WR. Even if you shut down our 1 and 2 guy, we are gonna have a guy bust open for 100 yard game. How many times did AU's 4th receiver have a 100 yard game last year?

And as far as who won the game...are you REALLY gonna use that sorry argument? It's tired, it's weak, and it's a fall back when you have no argument.

I guess Stafford and Mustain are FAR better QBs than Cox is. I guess Nutt is a better coach than CTT. I guess every player that played for Arkansas and UGA are better than every player that played for Auburn. That HAS to be the case...right?

Yeah a bunch of dink and dunk junk because why? Your studs were covered.

You haven't heard me once in this thread say our WR were as good as or better than yours. What I have said is the Bammer WR corp is fourth best tops. I'd take UF 1st LSU 2nd and UK third. Heck I would probably take UGA's over Bammers.

I'll admit that one is a longshot. I looked back at the WRs drafted from last year, and only about 11 of them went in the first two rounds. I thought it would be more like 15. But that is ok. I'm not going to back off my statement. I already made it.

Bottom line, I think after next year, there will be a lot of people impressed with our WR talent. Maybe not AU fans, but everyone else for sure.

Just like we were last year when you were saying the exact same thing about "Rolling Five Deep". Gotcha BG thanks for the heads up.

Just like we were last year when you were saying the exact same thing about "Rolling Five Deep". Gotcha BG thanks for the heads up.

And I have already backed up that 5 deep comment on another thread...and no one had a rebuttal.

As it stands 3 of those 5 are currently on NFL rosters. One is coming back from season ending ankle surgery, one from season ending shoulder surgery.

Archived