Lindys Unit Rankings

BAMMERPERRY

Stover had a big day because we shut your two top dogs down. When the going gets tough in big games, Brown draws up. He is no gamer. By the way, who won that game? :bamaspin:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying the kid is slow. I'm saying that your assertion is false: there are receivers in the SEC that are faster than Brown.

If there are, it is by the slimmest of margins.

Stover had a big day because we shut your two top dogs down. When the going gets tough in big games, Brown draws up. He is no gamer. By the way, who won that game?

JPW completed passes to 9 receivers that day. So the action was pretty spread around. But your point further proves my point. We are deep at WR. Even if you shut down our 1 and 2 guy, we are gonna have a guy bust open for 100 yard game. How many times did AU's 4th receiver have a 100 yard game last year?

And as far as who won the game...are you REALLY gonna use that sorry argument? It's tired, it's weak, and it's a fall back when you have no argument.

I guess Stafford and Mustain are FAR better QBs than Cox is. I guess Nutt is a better coach than CTT. I guess every player that played for Arkansas and UGA are better than every player that played for Auburn. That HAS to be the case...right?

I'm not saying the kid is slow. I'm saying that your assertion is false: there are receivers in the SEC that are faster than Brown.

If there are, it is by the slimmest of margins.

As long as there are faster receivers your statement is false. Just own it, wrongboy.

As long as there are faster receivers your statement is false. Just own it, wrongboy.

I haven't seen it. And I'll bet I've seen more of Early Doucet and Percy Harvin than you have of Keith Brown.

I haven't seen it. And I'll bet I've seen more of Early Doucet and Percy Harvin than you have of Keith Brown.

Alright. Let's get statistical. Let's dig up their recruiting reports and get their 40 times.

Scout has their times as such:

Doucet - 4.4

Brown - 4.4

Harvin - 4.35

So, despite what you've seen, Brown is not the fastest WR in the SEC.

Stop it Wes, you know facts have no place in this argument.

C'mon. You know the response will be that 40 times are inaccurate and known to be exaggerated. :no:

Stop it Wes, you know facts have no place in this argument.

C'mon. You know the response will be that 40 times are inaccurate and known to be exaggerated. :no:

but.... but..... but..... WE GOT 12

You guys have got to be kidding. How is this even a point? Were those 40 times captured during a football game? Are the 40 times ever accurate with recruiting services? Do players remain the same speed 3-4 years after those things? Is there a difference between scouts 4.4 and scouts 4.35?

And finally, what does it matter? If Keith Brown is the fastest, or the 2nd fastest? Other than you MAY have caught me in a completely insignificant semantics argument. It has no bearing on whether or not KB adds depth to our deep WR corps. This is something that can't be proven. At least not until the NFL combines.

But the point still stands. Keith Brown has blazing straight line speed, and you AU people are the first to ever argue otherwise. And Keith Brown is a good WR, and you AU people are the first ever to argue otherwise.

You guys have got to be kidding. How is this even a point? Were those 40 times captured during a football game? Are the 40 times ever accurate with recruiting services? Do players remain the same speed 3-4 years after those things? Is there a difference between scouts 4.4 and scouts 4.35?

And finally, what does it matter? If Keith Brown is the fastest, or the 2nd fastest? Other than you MAY have caught me in a completely insignificant semantics argument. It has no bearing on whether or not KB adds depth to our deep WR corps. This is something that can't be proven. At least not until the NFL combines.

But the point still stands. Keith Brown has blazing straight line speed, and you AU people are the first to ever argue otherwise. And Keith Brown is a good WR, and you AU people are the first ever to argue otherwise.

Your point:

Keith Brown has the fastest straight line speed of any WR in the the SEC.

does not stand. Semantics or not, you got caught with your pants down yet again. Just admit it and move on.

And Keith Brown is a good WR, and you AU people are the first ever to argue otherwise.

I never saw anyone arguing the point that he wasn't fast or a good WR. Just calling you and your statement onto the carpet.

Your point:

Keith Brown has the fastest straight line speed of any WR in the the SEC.

does not stand. Semantics or not, you got caught with your pants down yet again. Just admit it and move on.

You can't prove it. I made a statement based on, as I commented earlier, on the field game speed. And you are touting some scout 40 times like they are gospel...just so you can puff your chest out about "proving BG wrong". Whatever.

I write 3 pages worth of stuff and you pick out one little tiny line out of everything to pick on. That's so typical.

So sure...if you want to call me wrong...there are probably 130+ WRs in the SEC, Keith Brown is second. The SECOND fastest WR in the SEC surely couldn't support my argument that he's a good WR.

I never saw anyone arguing the point that he wasn't fast or a good WR. Just calling you and your statement onto the carpet

Sure you did. There are about 10 posts on this thread saying all our WRs are average. Average is not good. You also can find a post saying that our 1056 yard receiver isn't any better than your 170 yard receiver.

And Keith Brown is a good WR, and you AU people are the first ever to argue otherwise.

I never saw anyone arguing the point that he wasn't fast or a good WR. Just calling you and your statement onto the carpet.

Exactly. You don't get to make dumbs**t assertions and expect them to go unchallenged.

You can't prove it.

I think I may have done just that. Here's what you can't prove:

on the field game speed.

What the hell does that even mean?

And you are touting some scout 40 times like they are gospel

No, I'm saying that these stats are the only objective, measurable way to determine who is the fastest. Your boy isn't.

...just so you can puff your chest out about "proving BG wrong". Whatever.

It's become so commonplace that it's no badge of honor, chief.

I write 3 pages worth of stuff and you pick out one little tiny line out of everything to pick on. That's so typical.

No, the predictable and typical part of this exchange is your excuses/spin and inability to admit that you're wrong. See my post above where I predicted, almost verbatim, your response.

So sure...if you want to call me wrong...there are probably 130+ WRs in the SEC, Keith Brown is second. The SECOND fastest WR in the SEC surely couldn't support my argument that he's a good WR.

No, he's tied for second in our paltry 3 player sample. We can dig deeper if you like. As for speed making one a "good WR", that's a whole different argument and one that you'll likely lose....again.

Exactly. You don't get to make dumbs**t assertions and expect them to go unchallenged.

What are you, freaking 11 years old?

Ok, how about YOUR dumbs**t assertion that Early Doucet is faster than KB? You are wrong...why don't you just admit it. I mean hell, even your numbers you posted CLEARLY show that, at BEST, early is as fast as KB.

So do you think its fair to call me a MORON when Doucet, in fact, ISN'T faster than KB? Come on, admit it...that's all I'm asking you to do. Admit that you were wrong. And that you make dumbs**t assertions. I'm just calling you on the carpet for your WRONG assertion.

What are you, freaking 11 years old?

Ok, how about YOUR dumbs**t assertion that Early Doucet is faster than KB? You are wrong...why don't you just admit it. I mean hell, even your numbers you posted CLEARLY show that, at BEST, early is as fast as KB.

So do you think its fair to call me a MORON when Doucet, in fact, ISN'T faster than KB? Come on, admit it...that's all I'm asking you to do. Admit that you were wrong. And that you make dumbs**t assertions. I'm just calling you on the carpet for your WRONG assertion.

I was wrong. Doucet is not faster than Brown.

It's easy to be magnanimous when you're correct more often than not.

I was wrong. Doucet is not faster than Brown.

It's easy to be magnanimous when you're correct more often than not.

So you are also willing to admit that it's not possible for a player's speed to change from age 18 to age 22?

And you are also willing to admit that recruiting service 40 times are 100% accurate?

And you are also willing to admit that you don't CARE about the merits of my argument as a whole. You only care about picking out one tiny and insignificant part of one sentence, and put the focus on that...since you know my argument, as a whole, is right.

BTW, Chad Jackson's Rivals 40 time was listed as 4.4. He ran a 4.32 at the NFL combine.

Rivals also has DJ Hall running a 4.4 and Percy Harvin running a 4.4. And Keith Brown is listed as a 4.5, even though he is a LOT faster than DJ Hall.

So these recruiting numbers MUST be 100% accurate.

So you are also willing to admit that it's not possible for a player's speed to change from age 18 to age 22?

No, I don't think I can admit that. It's wrong.

And you are also willing to admit that recruiting service 40 times are 100% accurate?

Of course. That inaccuracy affects all 40 times, though. We only have those numbers to go by. If you have other data, I'm more than happy to review it.

And you are also willing to admit that you don't CARE about the merits of my argument as a whole. You only care about picking out one tiny and insignificant part of one sentence, and put the focus on that...since you know my argument, as a whole, is right.

Your argument was that KB is the fastest WR in the SEC. I disagree. I offered proof to the contrary, which you have not rebutted.

Your argument was that KB is the fastest WR in the SEC. I disagree. I offered proof to the contrary, which you have not rebutted.

You offered no proof. You offered a recruiting service 40 times.

So I'll make another assertion. DJ Hall is as fast as Chad Jackson and Percy Harvin.

Rivals 40 times:

Chad Jackson - 4.4

DJ Hall - 4.4

Percy Harvin - 4.4

See I offered my proof.

You offered no proof. You offered a recruiting service 40 times.

So I'll make another assertion. DJ Hall is as fast as Chad Jackson and Percy Harvin.

Rivals 40 times:

Chad Jackson - 4.4

DJ Hall - 4.4

Percy Harvin - 4.4

See I offered my proof.

Super. At least we're dealing with facts now. Why have we changed the argument, though? Oh...it's because Rivals lists KB at 4.5/40....and Early Doucet at 4.4.

Damn. Guess your argument is still a loser. Well, your argument as it stood before you had to twist it and make it something altogether different.

Super. At least we're dealing with facts now. Why have we changed the argument, though? Oh...it's because Rivals lists KB at 4.5/40....and Early Doucet at 4.4.

Damn. Guess your argument is still a loser. Well, your argument as it stood before you had to twist it and make it something altogether different.

I was simply proving a point. A recruiting service lists DJ Hall as fast as Percy Harvin. And we know that is NOT true. So since that data is wrong, why is it OK for you to assert your data as right? Recruiting service 40 times are incredibly inaccurate.

Yeah, I'm done with this. Thanks wesfau for tanking a pretty good discussion.

You win. Keith Brown is the 2nd fastest WR in the SEC.

I was simply proving a point. A recruiting service lists DJ Hall as fast as Percy Harvin. And we know that is NOT true. So since that data is wrong, why is it OK for you to assert your data as right? Recruiting service 40 times are incredibly inaccurate.

I agree that I do not THINK that Hall is Harvin's speed-equal. The problem, however, is that we have no way to verify that empirically. We're stuck with the numbers.

You haven't proved anything.

Archived