Lindys Unit Rankings

BAMMERPERRY

Guest Tigrinum Major

Punt returns? Alabama was last in the nation through 3 games before we replaced Castille with Arenas. Arenas was outstanding as a true freshman and we've now got another guy just like him in Jonathan Lowe.

But I thought Shula couldn't make adjustments?

As with every rule...

"I before e

except afer c

or when sounding like a

as in neighbor and weigh"

Or birthdays or holidays or all throughout May!

And you'll always be wrong, no matter what you say!

"Wow! That's a rough rule."

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punt returns? Alabama was last in the nation through 3 games before we replaced Castille with Arenas. Arenas was outstanding as a true freshman and we've now got another guy just like him in Jonathan Lowe.

As with every rule...

"I before e

except afer c

or when sounding like a

Maybe we could eat some hay,

Down by the bay,

What do you say?

As with every rule...

"I before e

except afer c

or when sounding like a

Down by the bay,

What do you say?

Nay.

That's gay.

As with every rule...

"I before e

except afer c

or when sounding like a

Down by the bay,

What do you say?

Nay.

That's gay.

I thought that was your way,

Well maybe another day.

For old time's sake, BG, how deep are you rolling at WR?

Well we have 4 wide receivers who could start for pretty much anyone in the sec.

Keith Brown

DJ Hall

Matt Caddell

Nikita Stover

Which means one of our backups would be at worst a 3rd WR on other SEC's lineup, save UF.

We also have guys like Will Oakley who has seen a good bit of playing time. Mike McCoy, who should have been redshirted last year, is very very good.

If AU and AL were to play tomorrow, I wouldn't be worried about Bama's receivers. Don't think I'd say that about every other school.

Yes, you would. You're a blowhard and a huge homer. An overall good guy, but a homer nonetheless...

As far as the rankings go - Has he not seen our LBs? Putting us at 11th in the conference is generous. I can't imagine any team being worse. Our o-line will be improved, but we're certainly not worthy of a #1 ranking. WRs? I don't see how you can argue that point. Our WR corps is the best in the conference bar none.

Negative. Bama's WRs would be of little concern to me. That has nothing to do with being a homer. AU had the best group of receivers in the conference -- perhaps country -- when you take them as a group in Aromashodu, Obomanu, Mix and Taylor (all part of the same recruiting class, by the way). But that has fallen off of late. Some good ball players but no bonafide stars. Then again, Bama doesn't have any bonafides either. Don't see anybody on that roster that's going to have NFL scouts paying much attention.

You said bar none. Bar none? Bar Florida? Bar LSU? Bar Kentucky, Tennessee and South Carolina? Don't flatter yourself.

Well we have 4 wide receivers who could start for pretty much anyone in the sec.

Keith Brown

DJ Hall

Matt Caddell

Nikita Stover

Which means one of our backups would be at worst a 3rd WR on other SEC's lineup, save UF.

We also have guys like Will Oakley who has seen a good bit of playing time. Mike McCoy, who should have been redshirted last year, is very very good.

If AU and AL were to play tomorrow, I wouldn't be worried about Bama's receivers. Don't think I'd say that about every other school.

Yes, you would. You're a blowhard and a huge homer. An overall good guy, but a homer nonetheless...

As far as the rankings go - Has he not seen our LBs? Putting us at 11th in the conference is generous. I can't imagine any team being worse. Our o-line will be improved, but we're certainly not worthy of a #1 ranking. WRs? I don't see how you can argue that point. Our WR corps is the best in the conference bar none.

Negative. Bama's WRs would be of little concern to me. That has nothing to do with being a homer. AU had the best group of receivers in the conference -- perhaps country -- when you take them as a group in Aromashodu, Obomanu, Mix and Taylor (all part of the same recruiting class, by the way). But that has fallen off of late. Some good ball players but no bonafide stars. Then again, Bama doesn't have any bonafides either. Don't see anybody on that roster that's going to have NFL scouts paying much attention.

You said bar none. Bar none? Bar Florida? Bar LSU? Bar Kentucky, Tennessee and South Carolina? Don't flatter yourself.

None of them are of the Dwayne Bowe-Chad Jackson caliber. I agree. I also agree about AU being loaded in 2005 at the WR position. Funny how I can see it and you, well, just don't want to admit it.

I think we're better than Florida, but they're the only one that can give us a run for our money. Kentucky only has Burton, USC is Rice-less, and Briscoe is the only UT receiver that I've even heard of. And, Briscoe's a mediocre player to boot.

There's no debate here. If you want to slam us (something I can't imagine you ever wanting to do) look at the LBs or d-line and I'll even join in with you. You can't diss our WRs with a straight face.

None of them are of the Dwayne Bowe-Chad Jackson caliber. I agree. I also agree about AU being loaded in 2005 at the WR position. Funny how I can see it and you, well, just don't want to admit it.

I think we're better than Florida, but they're the only one that can give us a run for our money. Kentucky only has Burton, USC is Rice-less, and Briscoe is the only UT receiver that I've even heard of. And, Briscoe's a mediocre player to boot.

There's no debate here. If you want to slam us (something I can't imagine you ever wanting to do) look at the LBs or d-line and I'll even join in with you. You can't diss our WRs with a straight face.

They're average. What do you want me to say?

I am not sure how any Bama fan could say their WR's on the whole are "bar none" the best.

The stats just don't show it.

They're average. What do you want me to say?

I think you've said all that's needed to be said. Bama's receivers are fairly average. They're not going to make any headlines this season outside of the state of Alabama. I think LSU has enough in the stockroom to out-do Bama at the WR position. I also think you get extra points for having a genuine NFL calibur player. For instance, Marcus Monk at Arkansas and Massaquoi at Georgia are NFL calibur. I don't think anybody at Bama is going to make more than a NFL practice squad. And if you want, I'll say Auburn's receivers are just as good as Bama's. Who does Bama have that's noticeably better than Preschae Rodriguez or Rod Smith? Also, we have Cole Bennett returning and two other outstanding TEs.

You interpret that wrong. All four of those are not better than four receivers at any other school, so your backup would not be a third WR on any other team's lineup.

You have some decent receivers, but I'll be quite honest, I don't see what all the hype is. If AU and AL were to play tomorrow, I wouldn't be worried about Bama's receivers. Don't think I'd say that about every other school.

Oh please. If you don't think Stover is any good, tell him to give David Irons' jock back. DJ Hall is possibly the best pure WR in the league. And Keith Brown has the fastest straight line speed of any WR in the the SEC.

There are plenty of people even here who will admit we have good WRs. So excuse me if I'm not buying it from captain "he doesn't play at Auburn? Never heard of em".

You guys forget, KB missed or played injured in MOST of our games last year. And he was still very effective. He could barely walk during the Auburn game.

I am not sure how any Bama fan could say their WR's on the whole are "bar none" the best.

I didn't say bar none. But I did say top 2-3 and most everyone who's doing these "rankings" agrees. Not that it matters much.

I think you've said all that's needed to be said. Bama's receivers are fairly average. They're not going to make any headlines this season outside of the state of Alabama. I think LSU has enough in the stockroom to out-do Bama at the WR position. I also think you get extra points for having a genuine NFL calibur player. For instance, Marcus Monk at Arkansas and Massaquoi at Georgia are NFL calibur. I don't think anybody at Bama is going to make more than a NFL practice squad. And if you want, I'll say Auburn's receivers are just as good as Bama's. Who does Bama have that's noticeably better than Preschae Rodriguez or Rod Smith? Also, we have Cole Bennett returning and two other outstanding TEs.

I would have responded sooner, but I had to get a new keyboard. One not covered in my soda. You guys kill me. How come Bama fans can be objective over here and talk about our weaknesses, yet most of you people here refuse to ever admit that Alabama ever has any player better than anyone on your team? It's the most childish thing I have ever seen.

DJ Hall finished 3rd in receiving last year in the SEC. He led the ENTIRE year until the right side of our line started to get worn out. Auburn didn't have a guy sniff the top 10. Keith Brown and DJ Hall will both get drafted next year. Both between late first and mid second rounds.

The only people who have heard of Rodriguez and Smith are Auburn fans. You obviously haven't heard of Rodriguez too much, you can't even spell his first name properly. You honestly think Prechae, who had 168 yards receiving is as good as DJ Hall who had 1056? That's the most ignorant and homer slanted thing I've ever seen. Alabama had 5 players catch more yards than that. One was a freaking fullback.

I get so sick and tired of you homers. Alabama could have a guy finish 1st team All American, and we can't have a real discussion with you people because you'd be too busy saying your incoming freshman is better.

And ya'll make fun of us for wearing crimson glasses?

You interpret that wrong. All four of those are not better than four receivers at any other school, so your backup would not be a third WR on any other team's lineup.

You have some decent receivers, but I'll be quite honest, I don't see what all the hype is. If AU and AL were to play tomorrow, I wouldn't be worried about Bama's receivers. Don't think I'd say that about every other school.

Oh please. If you don't think Stover is any good, tell him to give David Irons' jock back. DJ Hall is possibly the best pure WR in the league. And Keith Brown has the fastest straight line speed of any WR in the the SEC.

There are plenty of people even here who will admit we have good WRs. So excuse me if I'm not buying it from captain "he doesn't play at Auburn? Never heard of em".

You guys forget, KB missed or played injured in MOST of our games last year. And he was still very effective. He could barely walk during the Auburn game.

I didn't say bar none. But I did say top 2-3 and most everyone who's doing these "rankings" agrees. Not that it matters much.

I would have responded sooner, but I had to get a new keyboard. One not covered in my soda. You guys kill me. How come Bama fans can be objective over here and talk about our weaknesses, yet most of you people here refuse to ever admit that Alabama ever has any player better than anyone on your team? It's the most childish thing I have ever seen.

DJ Hall finished 3rd in receiving last year in the SEC. He led the ENTIRE year until the right side of our line started to get worn out. Auburn didn't have a guy sniff the top 10. Keith Brown and DJ Hall will both get drafted next year. Both between late first and mid second rounds.

The only people who have heard of Rodriguez and Smith are Auburn fans. You obviously haven't heard of Rodriguez too much, you can't even spell his first name properly. You honestly think Prechae, who had 168 yards receiving is as good as DJ Hall who had 1056? That's the most ignorant and homer slanted thing I've ever seen. Alabama had 5 players catch more yards than that. One was a freaking fullback.

I get so sick and tired of you homers. Alabama could have a guy finish 1st team All American, and we can't have a real discussion with you people because you'd be too busy saying your incoming freshman is better.

And ya'll make fun of us for wearing crimson glasses?

Meh. If you can claim Keith Brown was limited by injuries, then I can claim our receivers were limited by our QB's injuries. Look, you guys have decent receivers. I just can't handle them being called the best in the SEC. If they are the best in the SEC, then this is a serious down year for the SEC.

If you can claim Keith Brown was limited by injuries

I'd say missing games qualifies as "limited by injuries". Hell he still had 553 yards receiving last year. Which would have qualified for 2nd on AU's team. And 2nd on MOST teams in the SEC. And that's with missing 2 games.

Just watch the UF game from 2 years ago, Keith Brown was the fastest guy on the field that day...by 10-15 yards.

I'd say the 1-2 combo of Harvin and Caldwell may be the only one better in the league.

I'm going to go with BG and say that Bama has one of the top wr corps in the SEC and right now they are better than who Auburn has running routes. I don't understand why Woodson is not getting much press even though he is the best qb in the SEC. I saw him in the bowl game and he was sharp, and throwing 30+ td passes is nothing to scoff at which is what GG does best. Lindy's avg unit rankings are a joke, I highly doubt USC, UK or Arkansas has better talent or depth than Auburn.

I don't bet. Against my rules. But if both these guys are off the board by the end of the second round of next year's draft, I'll buy you a prime rib dinner (or something of equal value if you're a vegan).

If they are the best in the SEC, then this is a serious down year for the SEC.

Exactly. I think Bama has some receivers, but the the point is that I definitely don't see a playmaker in that unit, a gamebreaker, etc. In comparison, Bama has the experience vs Auburn... but talent wise I see no ups or downs between the two. Neither Bama or Auburn has a top WR unit coming into this season... maybe some talent that is consistent, but nothing exciting.

Keith Brown

DJ Hall

Matt Caddell

Nikita Stover

How many catches did this glorious group have on us last year? You have average at best wideouts behind Brown and Hall and Brown is questionable. He seems to get injured in every big game for Bama. So this is almost as comical as "Rolling 5 Deep". Maybe one day you Turds will open your eyes..

Exactly. I think Bama has some receivers, but the the point is that I definitely don't see a playmaker in that unit, a gamebreaker, etc. In comparison, Bama has the experience vs Auburn... but talent wise I see no ups or downs between the two. Neither Bama or Auburn has a top WR unit coming into this season... maybe some talent that is consistent, but nothing exciting.

So a 1,000 yard season, averaging 17 yards per catch, finishing 3rd in the league in receiving, doesn't constitute a playmaker? If it doesn't, I sure don't know what does.

How many catches did this glorious group have on us last year? You have average at best wideouts behind Brown and Hall and Brown is questionable. He seems to get injured in every big game for Bama. So this is almost as comical as "Rolling 5 Deep". Maybe one day you Turds will open your eyes..

Our 4th WR, Stover, had 101 yards and a TD against AU last year.

Hey, Brad Lester averaged 3.6 yards per carry against Bama last year...I guess he sucks too.

Again, you guys just don't get it. According to you, if he plays for Bama, he automatically sucks. Hell some of you guys are still saying Shaun Alexander aint that great. He's only made 3 Pro Bowls and won an MVP.

You don't finish 3rd in the league in receiving and get considered an "average" WR.

And Keith Brown has the fastest straight line speed of any WR in the the SEC.

Early Doucet thinks you're a moron.

Nice. Why didn't you post the you tube where there is an ankle broken as well. Means about as much.

Nice. Why didn't you post the you tube where there is an ankle broken as well. Means about as much.

I don't get it.

That video is a great example of straight line football speed. Against what is supposed to be one of the fastest defenses in the country.

And Keith Brown has the fastest straight line speed of any WR in the the SEC.

Early Doucet thinks you're a moron.

Worthless. What you're seeing is a good blocking setup and the defenders having to take poor angles before giving up on the play. For "straight line speed", let's line KB up with all the other WRs in the conference and see how he fares. Doucet and Percy Harvin will make Brown look like Don Beebe getting run down from behind by an OL.

Worthless. What you're seeing is a good blocking setup and the defenders having to take poor angles before giving up on the play. For "straight line speed", let's line KB up with all the other WRs in the conference and see how he fares. Doucet and Percy Harvin will make Brown look like Don Beebe getting run down from behind by an OL.

You do realize Keith Brown holds the Florida High School 100 meter record right? At what point did you observe that Keith Brown was slow?

Oh, oh, it must have been that day he commited to Alabama.

You do realize Keith Brown holds the Florida High School 100 meter record right? At what point did you observe that Keith Brown was slow?

Oh, oh, it must have been that day he commited to Alabama.

I'm not saying the kid is slow. I'm saying that your assertion is false: there are receivers in the SEC that are faster than Brown.

Archived