My thoughts on next year...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ark had a chance in all but the USC game and competent playcalling and the ability to throw downfield might have made the difference. Here are Dick's stats for the LSU/UF/UW games: 22/60 2tds 4ints.

Yes, the RBs might "get a win or two" for the Hogs....most likely against OM and SWMoSt.

Your ignorant.

How do you know what is hapening out their? How dare you throw numbers at such an argument.

I oughta gauge you're eyes out.

I am much more intelligent that you are concerning Arkansas.

Suck it!

Experts have shown that those gimmicky forward pass things don't work.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ark had a chance in all but the USC game and competent playcalling and the ability to throw downfield might have made the difference. Here are Dick's stats for the LSU/UF/UW games: 22/60 2tds 4ints.

Yes, the RBs might "get a win or two" for the Hogs....most likely against OM and SWMoSt.

Your ignorant.

How do you know what is hapening out their? How dare you throw numbers at such an argument.

I am much more intelligent that you are your concerning Arkansas.

Suck it!

Fixed that for you.

Your ignorant.

I am much more intelligent that you are concerning Arkansas.

Suck it!

This is both a special and precious post. Is your name Skkkip, by chance?

I was channeling the bastard child of Pork Phat and Rick Schaeffer.

Oh, I hear that combination in my head as:

LISTEN MISTER!!! I LOVE THIS FINE FRICKIN' COACHING STAFF!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Do you ever lie awake at night and think about things like if Dorkula is still alive or have his dogs eaten him?

Not that I do, I was just wondering if you did.

Oh, yeah, Auburn's gonna be good next year.

Do you ever lie awake at night and think about things like if Dorkula is still alive or have his dogs eaten him?

Not that I do, I was just wondering if you did.

Oh, yeah, Auburn's gonna be good next year.

He's alive...and posting. Last Active: May 07, 2007, 09:40:06 pm

Auburn is going to be very good next this year.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Are we sure it's him? I think Lauren has hacked his account and is trying to make him look dumber than he is. If that is possible.

Thanks for the correction.

I'll predict that we run the ball a fair amount, but we mix some passes in with the run to keep those defenses honest.

The SECW will come down to the Bama/AU game. Miles will choke big time and Arky will be lucky to make a Bowl next year. I see a Bama/UGA rematch in the SECCG. Why some of you people are picking UTk to win the East is unbelievable.

The SECW will come down to the Bama/AU game. Miles will choke big time and Arky will be lucky to make a Bowl next year. I see a Bama/UGA rematch in the SECCG. Why some of you people are picking UTk to win the East is unbelievable.

You're out of your element, Donny!

Keep it down, BP, the adults are talking.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

Are we sure it's him? I think Lauren has hacked his account and is trying to make him look dumber than he is. If that is possible.

Thanks for the correction.

I'll predict that we run the ball a fair amount, but we mix some passes in with the run to keep those defenses honest.

Lauren was recently spotted entertaining a python. I don't think it's her.

Your insight is very insightful, Mr. Insight. Have you consulted with JFB on the merits of the vertical passing game in today's SEC?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Experts say that kind of offense won't work. I'm mainly talking about screens, passes in the flat near the sideline where the QB has to roll out and always has an option to run and an occasional look-in to the TE.

Nothing crazy.

Experts say that kind of offense won't work. I'm mainly talking about screens, passes in the flat near the sideline where the QB has to roll out and always has an option to run and an occasional look-in to the TE.

Nothing crazy.

Sounds complicated. Can I utilize my patent-pending "Rootin' Tootin' Crab Pinchin Bonanza" system to signal the plays?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Only if you want to look like a crazy man on the sidelines (or in an interview published widely across the ebays.)

Make sure you dress in velour jogging suits on those days you want to look important.

And wear a wide brimmed hat to prevent skin cancer.

Only if you want to look like a crazy man on the sidelines (or in an interview published widely across the ebays.)

Make sure you dress in velour jogging suits on those days you want to look important.

And wear a wide brimmed hat to prevent skin cancer.

I'm the big balla, shot calla and I called alot of good plays today, BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!

My momma told me if I kept reading Woopig that I would go blind. Ya'll are a bunch of Nutt huggers anyway.

The last page of this thread has been riveting. It's a dialogue that is somehow compelling and begs of you to join in. And you would gladly do so......IF YOU ONLY KNEW WTF THESE TWO WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

a few thoughts of my own:

1) kentucky has a legit top 10 quarterback running the show. no matter how bad the team, a big-time talent like that will always find a way for a shocker or two (think cutler over tennessee). kentucky will knock off AT LEAST one of the east's big three... and still manage to win no more than 8 games.

2) the winner of the west will only lose one conference game. either auburn, lsu, or arkansas is going to win 7 conference games... and auburn and lsu might have an out of conference lose. south florida and virginia tech (with the nation rightly behind them) loom large early in the year.

3) if erik ainge is right, tennessee wins the east on the back of a steady senior qb, and the sec title game matchups up two senior qbs (flynn or cox fit the bill in the west).

4) saban shocks everyone by NOT pulling off a win that bama shouldn't have gotten and going a completely unspectacular 8-5 (loses to auburn, lsu, fsu, tennessee, and uga) getting a win in a boring bowl game.

5) coach O continues to prove he's the worst coach in the conference by finishing in the west's basement. msu makes more noise than they have in years... and still only finishes with 5 wins. but it's enough to keep sly's job (people still love him in starkville).

6) auburn has a lead in baton rouge... i have no idea if they keep it. it's just a prediction that this will be a tight game, following the recent trend in this series. i don't believe all the crap about lsu having loads more talent than everyone else. last year was just a great senior class (like auburn in 2004 only crappier). these two teams are evenly matched all over the field.

7) mcfadden and jones make arkansas incredibly relevant in the west. they'll win 10 again if they let those two horses pull the carriage.

8) uga somehow pulls similar stuff to last year. they're going to have a late kick to make the season seem better than it really was. stafford is going to hit the sophomore wall just like almost every second year qb hits (greene's about the only guy i can think of that avoided it).

9) spurrier will get one of the big boys, beat clemson again, win at least one out west, and have a great year for south carolina. are they going to be the darlings everyone is making them out to be? no. but it's going to be a fun year for gamecock fans.

10) auburn over tennessee in atlanta. i believe ainge is going to be healthy, and i think the vols will find a way to at least split florida and georgia. tim hawthorne, montez billings, and terrell zachary are going to make auburn's passing game more explosive. the defense (the front seven featuring marks, groves, thompson, and blackmon in particular) will lead the way for a banner year that's a little unexpected given the schedule. auburn is never better than when it's doubted.

(this just in... i'm an auburn fan)

I'll answer a couple.

1) This was the most difficult prediction for me. Yeah they've got a great Offense led by a good QB, but they have ZERO defense. Also, is Rich Brooks able to pull one out? Sure Woodson may be able to win a game, but will Brooks cost it for him? And Woodson won't be starting for an NFL team his rookie season; the comparisons to Cutler don't work.

3) Tennessee loses too much receiver depth to have a potent offense. Their Secondary has a lot of holes to fill as well. The loss of that big kid in the middle on D could present problems with stopping the run.

4) I sense bias in this pick. Saban may choke; Bama may choke. It's hard to tell. However, I'm a believer in Saban - not that's he a god - but that he's a very good coach.

5) Is Coach O the worst coach in the SEC? Maybe but you can't forget about them almost beating LSU and giving us a serious run for our money.

8) I think a lack of senior leadership and overrated players created a piss-poor season in 06. The Bulldog team I saw comeback against Virginia Tech is what I'm expecting to see again.

10) Sort of agreed. If Auburn can get into the title game, I don't think there's any chance of losing. The schedule is too tough and the chances are slim but if somehow Auburn gets there, it's ours for the taking.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The last page of this thread has been riveting. It's a dialogue that is somehow compelling and begs of you to join in. And you would gladly do so......IF YOU ONLY KNEW WTF THESE TWO WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Branch out from your safe Auburn haven and enjoy everything the ebays have to offer, frien.

Not a bunch of fig-eaters with towels on their heads tryin' to find reverse on a Soviet tank.

Not a bunch of fig-eaters with towels on their heads tryin' to find reverse on a Soviet tank.

The man in the black pajamas, Dude. A worthy f**kin' adversary.

so here's the rebuttal to arkansas' need to throw the football to win big games (or at the very least that they could accomplish that goal with casey dick):

at auburn: mustain 7/10, 87 yards, 1 td

vs. alabama: mustain 7/22, 97 yards, 1 td, 3 ints

at vandy: mustain 13/20, 224 yards, 3 tds, 1 int

vs. ole miss: mustain 12/15, 157 yards, 1 td

vs. tennessee: dick 10/15, 154 yards, 1 td

at south carolina: dick 11/19, 228 yards, 1 td, 1 int

vs. ole miss: dick 2/3, 48 yards, 1 td

at msu: dick 8/17, 112 yards, 2 tds, 1 int

dick was clearly the better performer in every game until they ran into the lsu/florida/wisconsin trifecta. i think the only reason mustain didn't look worse in those games is because: he didn't get a chance. arkansas won last season without ever pushing the ball downfield. ever. they can do it just as easily this season. it's also interesting to note that arkansas' lack of a downfield passing game against lsu (they threw for 60 yards) didn't stop them from rolling up 300 yards rushing (no kidding). they can run on anyone, stacked box or no.

also, it's a TOTAL cop out to just point to the record dick had and say that's proof of how good he was or wasn't. look who he played: dick beat south carolina on the road, tennnessee at home, msu on the road, lost to lsu at home, lost to florida in the title game, and wisconsin in a bowl. seriously? there's only one team in that group that didn't win 8 games (and 3 of them had 11+ each). at the same time, mustain beat an 11-win auburn team... who also happens to be the only other team he even PLAYED against with a winning record. that's 5 to 1 for those keeping score.

AND it should be noted that dick was as effective as mustain ever was at putting up passing numbers. in the team's first 7 sec games, mustain put up two 100+ yard passing games (against vandy and ole miss); dick put up three (two of which came in his biggest wins: at south carolina and vs. tenn).

you can write arkansas off if you want; i'm just not buying it. the passing game will AT LEAST be as effective as it was last year, and they still have the best running back in the country and a backup that could start at about 9-11 other sec schools. that team's going to be dangerous with mcfadden and jones, and they're going to post huge, huge rushing numbers no matter what other teams do to try and slow them down (ala lsu).

as for the rest: woodson, brohm (sp?), the two colts, and a booty are the best qbs in the country this year. olsen out at ucla is close. justin harrell was overrated. tough. but overrated. saban won't choke... bama just doesn't have the talent. the defense is going to get worse before it gets better (happened at lsu as well) and the offense still has no rushing threat. O is a cartoon character and the worst coach in the conference. he loses, and he manages to lose without class.

finally, uga bottomed out because they didn't have an offensive identity. the fact that they roared back shows that they DID have good leadership. teams don't come back from the dead (losing to vandy and kentucky is the dead) without it. they're going to miss a lot of the guys that left that team, and stafford is going to hit the wall. he's not like greene, who was different than most sophs b/c he took care of the ball like gold and used all his playmakers. stafford is a force the action kind of guy that's going to get burned trying to make plays... just like last year.

Archived