Another alcohol related arrest.

WAR-MATT

Shirey, who has never played a snap at AU, is the fourth member of Auburn’s football team arrested for an alcohol-related offense in the last year.

and i bet he won't EVER play a snap now. whats yalls take on wtf is going on with all these guys, its not like CTT hands out ice cream cones like CMS...you would think they would catch on by now that they will get caught

whats yalls take on wtf is going on with all these guys, its not like CTT hands out ice cream cones like CMS...you would think they would catch on by now that they will get caught

Well, there is no excuse for this, first of all. That being said, they are kids in college, and they are going to do stupid stuff. I have been told all my life "a hard learned lesson is a well learned lesson." Hopefully that is now true for each of these young men.

When 2 of the 4 kids are in towns far away, one being his own hometown in another state... what is CTT supposed to do about that? Only thing I know is threaten them within an inch of their life before, and impose SEVERE consequences after. Isn't that what he's doing?

whats yalls take on wtf is going on with all these guys, its not like CTT hands out ice cream cones like CMS...you would think they would catch on by now that they will get caught

Well, there is no excuse for this, first of all. That being said, they are kids in college, and they are going to do stupid stuff. I have been told all my life "a hard learned lesson is a well learned lesson." Hopefully that is now true for each of these young men.

When 2 of the 4 kids are in towns far away, one being his own hometown in another state... what is CTT supposed to do about that? Only thing I know is threaten them within an inch of their life before, and impose SEVERE consequences after. Isn't that what he's doing?

really thats all you can do. he can't hold a gun to their head and make them not do something.

I'm sorry the kid is getting in trouble, and I'm sorry that he is putting a smudge on the :au: image with this, but I'm just relieved that it is someone that I have never heard of getting arrested rather than Lester or Blackmon or insert your own name from the two deep chart.

The rules are what they are. CTT has never shown any favoritism that I can see. I'm sure he's already decided what applies to this young man and he'll act quickly.

I hate to see this not only for the guys involved but also for the University. Regardless of how CTT handles all of this (4 alcohol related incidents), and I have no doubts he'll do the right thing, it still makes others ask what the heck is going on. All we can do is be thankful we have a staff that is doing everything they can to instill good values, work ethic and discipline.

What I do have a problem with is when it appears a staff turns a blind eye towards the conduct and the players involved. A slap on the wrist. Philip Foolmer comes to mind quickly. So many problems over the years. Arrests, bar fights, drinking etc. And these guys seemingly never miss a snap.

Archived