The HELL with NBC-13

GalensGhost

You couldn't hold Phil Snow's jock. Find someone else to dump on losecrimson.

I don't necessarily dislike Phil. There's no denying he's a major AU homer, though.

I don't necessarily dislike Phil. There's no denying he's a major AU homer, though.

Which means what exactly?

That he never reported negative news on AU? Wrong.

That he didn't give Bama positive coverage? Nope, wrong again.

That he did twice as many Auburn stories as Bama ones? Nope. Pretty much even.

So what is it? That he hosted the Auburn Football Review? Bingo. That automatically makes him a homer regardless of his actual reporting.

Baloney. I grew up in Montgomery and watched Phil Snow my entire life. I know better. What he didn't do was genuflect at every mention of Bama the way the Birmingham sports guys do. That makes him fair, not a homer.

So what is it? That he hosted the Auburn Football Review? Bingo. That automatically makes him a homer regardless of his actual reporting.

Baloney. I grew up in Montgomery and watched Phil Snow my entire life. I know better. What he didn't do was genuflect at every mention of Bama the way the Birmingham sports guys do. That makes him fair, not a homer.

Now Titan. You know the rules. Anything that's not blatantly pro-Bama is by definition Auburn homerism.

I'm sorry I didn't know Phil was still living. I thought I had read he had died.

Galen they led with that because all of AU's bigtime picks went on day one...so they didnt have ANYTHING to say about Bama the day before.

I guess that doesn't count though. It's only on the days that YOU watch the news that their stories count.

I don't understand this response from you -- and it's one you use often in reply to me.

How am I supposed to comment on behavior of which I am not aware. I didn't watch NBC-13 every day for a week to determine whether or not they balanced things out. I only know what I saw on Sunday.

You direct this same response to me when I recount my experiences with Bama fans. You say I take the "one irrational" or "most extreme" opinion and extrapolate it to the entire fanbase. But this is not true. I only report what I hear. I don't discount what ten fans say just to make an example of the one goober. In most cases there are ten goobers standing there nodding their head with whatever the one is saying.

For some reason these tons of rational bama fans never speak when I am around. And for some reason the newspapers and sports departments in Birmingham apparently only report on Auburn when I'm not looking.

Because my point has merit. You cant piss an moan about ONE select day of Alabama coverage and suggest its this biased pattern, when you didn't watch the day before. It's obvious, that in a market that is probably 70% Bama fans, if they didn't have anything to say the day before about Alabama...they are going to mention their day two draft picks.

That's like complaining if Auburn had a football game on saturday, and a baseball game on sunday...and they led with the football game on the saturday news, but led with Bama's football game that was played on sunday afternoon, instead of AU's baseball game. (sorry i know its a runon).

Just because you didn't catch them LEAD with Auburn saturday, doesn't mean it didn't happen...and it doesn't mean that it shouldnt "count".

Meh.

You could tell who buttered his bread.

Meh.

You could tell who buttered his bread.

Meh. Says you. You don't have anything concrete, just a feeling.

Phil Snow was a good sportscaster. Sorry he wasn't enough of a bammer knobslobberer for your tastes.

No offense to Phil but prior to my moving here in 2000 WSFA had the MOST boring anchors I've ever seen on tv!

KARLE is better than anybody in Oklahoma City!

Think it's biased there?? Think of how bad it could be when only one of the Bedlam schools here has ever won or contended in CFB! :no: It could be worse for you guys when it comes to media bias.

Galen they led with that because all of AU's bigtime picks went on day one...so they didnt have ANYTHING to say about Bama the day before.

I guess that doesn't count though. It's only on the days that YOU watch the news that their stories count.

I don't understand this response from you -- and it's one you use often in reply to me.

How am I supposed to comment on behavior of which I am not aware. I didn't watch NBC-13 every day for a week to determine whether or not they balanced things out. I only know what I saw on Sunday.

You direct this same response to me when I recount my experiences with Bama fans. You say I take the "one irrational" or "most extreme" opinion and extrapolate it to the entire fanbase. But this is not true. I only report what I hear. I don't discount what ten fans say just to make an example of the one goober. In most cases there are ten goobers standing there nodding their head with whatever the one is saying.

For some reason these tons of rational bama fans never speak when I am around. And for some reason the newspapers and sports departments in Birmingham apparently only report on Auburn when I'm not looking.

Because my point has merit. You cant piss an moan about ONE select day of Alabama coverage and suggest its this biased pattern, when you didn't watch the day before. It's obvious, that in a market that is probably 70% Bama fans, if they didn't have anything to say the day before about Alabama...they are going to mention their day two draft picks.

That's like complaining if Auburn had a football game on saturday, and a baseball game on sunday...and they led with the football game on the saturday news, but led with Bama's football game that was played on sunday afternoon, instead of AU's baseball game. (sorry i know its a runon).

Just because you didn't catch them LEAD with Auburn saturday, doesn't mean it didn't happen...and it doesn't mean that it shouldnt "count".

I don't think it has merit at all.

If a tree fals in the forest and I'm not there to hear it how am I suppposed to describe the sound it makes?

Am I supposed to assume -- based on your responses -- that everything I hear and see must surely be tempered by ten times as many who believe and act differently? I have no basis for making that assumption. In my lifetime experience the goober outnumber the sensible fans 92318 - 1.

If a tree fals in the forest and I'm not there to hear it how am I suppposed to describe the sound it makes?

You are saying, because a tree falls in the woods, and you didn't year it...that it didn't fall at all...and that's crazy.

What if a deaf squirrel was around? Would he find it?

Yes, but a little too late to get out of the way.

You are saying, because a tree falls in the woods, and you didn't year it...that it didn't fall at all...and that's crazy.

No, I'm saying I have no basis for knowing that it fell or any way to accurately describe the sound it made if and when it fell. For all I know it didn't fall. I have you claiming that there are many trees I didn't hear or see, but when I look around I still don't see or hear them.

Archived