Car repair at dealership

jumbo

I used to work for one of the Key-Royal line of dealers. Never again...Once I could look at myself in the mirror, I said I would never get into that kind of work again.

With what I saw at the Buick store, I was just shocked at the way GM dealers did business.

High points:

1) Had a Skyhawk come in one day. Backed it up off the truck straight into its parking place. Never went into Drive. The next morning ALL 12 PIECES OF TRIM had fallen off the car. Looked as if someone had placed it all on the ground beside the car. :no:

2) The Rivieras? We had to rob pieces off of 5 to keep three running. We did not have a running Riv to sell until the demos came back. All of ours had parts stolen off of them to keep the other three going.

3) We had Buicks that had bad thermostats coming from the factory. They would effectively destroy their own motors on the first test drive...

4) Automatic tansmissions? We had two techs that kept 2-3 bays covered over R&Ring transmissions. We had one transmission shop that was all they did was rebulid transmissions for the Buick store. 2-3 a day.

5) We had a Regal come in with the LR quarter panel ripped off. You could stick you entire arm into the trunk. :o The gash went from the back of the door to the tail lights. The bondoed it up and sold it as new. We called it "the cop car." It three different colors of green paint on it.

6) The Skyhawks back then had a problem with the AC mounts. If you sold a Skyhawk on Friday the AC would fall off by Monday AM. The bolts would back out or break off. The repair kit would be waiting on the customer. But GM would never make the fix on the car before the customer got it...

7) Could go on and on... The only Buick I would buy was the LeSabre. NOTHING ELSE!

The LeSabre is an awesome car and the 3800 engine is one of the best out there. I owned a 91 Lesabre and put over 200,000 miles on it, sold it to a buddy and it's still running with no major repairs.

With what I saw at the Buick store, I was just shocked at the way GM dealers did business.

High points:

1) Had a Skyhawk come in one day. Backed it up off the truck straight into its parking place. Never went into Drive. The next morning ALL 12 PIECES OF TRIM had fallen off the car. Looked as if someone had placed it all on the ground beside the car. :no:

2) The Rivieras? We had to rob pieces off of 5 to keep three running. We did not have a running Riv to sell until the demos came back. All of ours had parts stolen off of them to keep the other three going.

3) We had Buicks that had bad thermostats coming from the factory. They would effectively destroy their own motors on the first test drive...

4) Automatic tansmissions? We had two techs that kept 2-3 bays covered over R&Ring transmissions. We had one transmission shop that was all they did was rebulid transmissions for the Buick store. 2-3 a day.

5) We had a Regal come in with the LR quarter panel ripped off. You could stick you entire arm into the trunk. :o The gash went from the back of the door to the tail lights. The bondoed it up and sold it as new. We called it "the cop car." It three different colors of green paint on it.

6) The Skyhawks back then had a problem with the AC mounts. If you sold a Skyhawk on Friday the AC would fall off by Monday AM. The bolts would back out or break off. The repair kit would be waiting on the customer. But GM would never make the fix on the car before the customer got it...

7) Could go on and on... The only Buick I would buy was the LeSabre. NOTHING ELSE!

The LeSabre is an awesome car and the 3800 engine is one of the best out there. I owned a 91 Lesabre and put over 200,000 miles on it, sold it to a buddy and it's still running with no major repairs.

Have you ever heard Jerry Clower talk about the Buick LeSabre?

"If I had had one of those brand new Buick LeSabre cars when I was my boy's age...WHOOOO! Not only would I have stole those watermelons, I would have gotten away with'em too!"

Archived