Its Great to be an Auburn Tiger

AUdad4kicks

Gave and received a War Eagle at the 10,000-ft summit of the Haleakala volcano at Maui. There were only about four people there at the time.

Also got War Eagles from two middle aged couples travelling together at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

I got some War Eagles at the cotton bowl last year. :)

Thats me with an Auburn baseball shirt on.

hp_scanDS_57271304958.jpg

On our Christmas vacation to Daufuskie Island, SC - we got a "War Eagle" from a very nice gentleman on the Ferry to the island. My husband started a conversation and arranged a golfing outing with him and our daughter's boyfriend (AUBirdie). While on the island, my daughter and I saw several AU folks at the clubhouse and at the resort hotel. It was like everyone from AU was vacationing at Daufuskie that week! One of the staff was an AU grad! Now for the point of the story. The original "War Eagle" friend, arranged for TigerDad and AUBirdie to have tickets to the final round of the MASTERS!!!! It really pays to say, "War Eagle"! We're good folks! You NEVER know who you will meet!

Look for me in a bright orange :au: golf shirt during the final round - Tiger Dad - PS :big: I will probably be giving a few tips to some the leaders about winning the final round!

My "theory".....

Why should any "fan" of uat travel that far? They can go to Tuberville Field @ bds and see their dark pink clad "mickey mouse outfit" any time they wish! :big:

Walking through Laguardia airport in NY in the early 70's while wearing my Pat Sullivan #7. Got a War Eagle from a gentleman in a suit as he passed me in the hall. :)

:au::homer:

In the fall of 05 my sister studied abroad in Arricia, Italy, ( the hotel and conferece center restaurant is named after this place because Auburn has sent so many students there). So me and my parents took off a week in October to visit her. We flew from Atl to Newark, NJ to Rome. Halfway through the week we flew from Rome to Paris and then back home at the end of the week. To get to the point I recieved at least 1 War Eagle in every airport and at every major tourist site in Rome and Paris. It really makes you feel special to be apart of this family.

I was in this strip club in Atlanta and.....

Uh, never mind.

i don't know how appropriate it is to talk about those establishments on here but there was a "dancer" at tattletale's off piedmont (in atlanta) that had an auburn number 24 jersey. (this was back in 04)

Great reads. I've basically had to be offline since I started this thread so I'm sorry if I'm bringing back such an old topic (so to speak).

As to why the discrepancies I think Tiger In Spain summed it up. Plus a much higher percentage of Auburn fans have direct ties to the University. In other words we care as much about the school as we do the football team. As Tig Major said it is an Auburn thing and most bammers just won't ever understand.

It really is Great To Be An Auburn Tiger.

WAR EAGLE!!! to all.

Archived