Dye praises Tuberville

WAR-MATT

link

Former Auburn coach Pat Dye had some glowing words Thursday night for current Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville and his staff.

Dye and Tuberville were speakers at the the Auburn chapter of the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame's annual banquet. Dye was inducted into the Hall of Fame last December.

Dye lauded Tuberville and his staff for doing "the finest coaching job I've ever seen at Auburn" in going 11-2 last season.

"I believe, top to bottom, we have the strongest organization we've had in football at Auburn," Dye said. "We are blessed."

Dye said the real strength of the Auburn program showed up in close games last season.

"I was always taught that the best-coached football team wins the first game," Dye said. "We didn't lose a close game."

Dye got a loud cheer when he told Tuberville "I appreciate the job you are doing and your whole staff is doing. I particularly like how you handle the Alabama game." Auburn, of course, beat Alabama for the fifth consecutive time last season.

Dye also thanked the Auburn chapter for pushing hard for his selection for the College Football Hall of Fame.

"Auburn has done a lot more for me," Dye said, "than I have ever done for Auburn."

Kiss of death, Dye "loved" Bowden and stabbed hin in the back....Et tu Brutus

Coachspeak, nothing more. What else was he supposed to say?

True, but maybe some respect to be noted as well.

Bowden was put in a pretty tough spot with the probation circumstances and all. He did well the first 2 seasons before the real impact hit.

Bowden was put in a pretty tough spot with the probation circumstances and all. He did well the first 2 seasons before the real impact hit.

Sounds like SOME Bama fans on Shula. You either got what IT is or you don't. Neither one of them had IT. BTW, Saban had kind words to say about Shula too, right before he took his job! :lol:

Sounds like SOME Bama fans on Shula. You either got what IT is or you don't. Neither one of them had IT.

I dunno....Bowden's rcord at Auburn is about the same as Saban's at L-S-Who.

(Bowden 47-17-1, Saban 48-16) Do neither of these two have "IT"?

Sounds like SOME Bama fans on Shula. You either got what IT is or you don't. Neither one of them had IT.

Saban never went undefeated...TB won 20 in a row. :)

:au::homer:

Now don't be throwing out big numbers at BP, he might get a headache.

Archived