"Auburn only beats us when we're down"

TitanTiger

I stopped after the first one.

Auburn has 11 seasons where they won 10 games or more.

Alabama has 29.

You think the opportunity for you to beat us with a 10 win team has happened a FEW more times?

The average record of teams you've beat vs teams we've beaten? Why don't you go back and look at our all time winning percentage vs yours.

Nobody bothered to look any of those stats up.

You evidently didn't read closely enough. I didn't bother to go back further than 1980 because was taking a snapshot (albeit a broad one) of the modern era of this series. It encompassed the end of the Bryant and Barfield eras through now and was just a nice round number (the previous two decades plus the part of one we're in now). In that time, the stats are as I said and they say exactly what I said they do: Auburn does not depend on Bama being down to win in this series. I know it's an old standby for Bama fans to make themselves feel better about things, but the facts don't bear it out. If that accusation can be leveled at anyone in this series, it would be Bama.

This isn't for the football teams Mike. This is for the fans. The teams have their opportunity to prove themselves, and we are living vicariously through them. This OUR chance to shine and prove our allegiance and fortitude.

:fish:

You sir, have offended my honor!

(Heading out for church. Think about it!)

This isn't for the football teams Mike. This is for the fans. The teams have their opportunity to prove themselves, and we are living vicariously through them. This OUR chance to shine and prove our allegiance and fortitude.

:fish:

You sir, have offended my honor!

(Heading out for church. Think about it!)

You must not be very familiar with Auburn's strong military background before proposing a fight.

I propose we send out Richard Marcinko, the leader of Navy Seal Team two, founder of counter terrorism units Seal Team Six and Red Cell that carried out covert missions throughout the world. I figure this guy knows how to throw down.

So who you got? huh huh :lol::poke:

Oh who cares...a W is a W

When UGA beat UF in 2004, some said it was tainted due to UF's coaching changes...bullcrap...we won...that is ALL I CARE ABOUT

All of our rivals could be as down as ever for 100 years and I wouldn't care about whether the W was worth more or less

Give me wins, Give me titles and I am a happy camper

Oh who cares...a W is a W

When UGA beat UF in 2004, some said it was tainted due to UF's coaching changes...bullcrap...we won...that is ALL I CARE ABOUT

All of our rivals could be as down as ever for 100 years and I wouldn't care about whether the W was worth more or less

Give me wins, Give me titles and I am a happy camper

Well, basically that's how we feel. I don't love the last 5 wins over Bama any less than any others. But a lot of bammers feel the need to discount the current streak, and pretty much all wins over them, by acting as if the only way we beat them is if they essentially let us by "being down." It goes hand in hand with the delusional belief that someday soon "things will get back to normal" and they will rule the college football world like they did in the 1970s. Once "things get back to normal" they will dominate Auburn again and put us in our place.

This research was just to show how ludicrous that pipe dream is.

Archived