? for our Bama fans

WAR-MATT

I've been hearing everyone in the media talk about Saban as being a recruiting god. But do you think this class is any better than the one Shula would have brought in? To me Saban lost the two best players that ole Bambi had commitments from, Robert Marve and Kourtnei Brown. He gained two that Hula had no chance at, Josh Chapman and Luther Davis. Looks like a wash to me.

I am interested in this answer also. From all the hupla that was made after the coronation in early January, all I heard from co-workers is how cns was going to come in and kick AU's a$$ in recruiting THIS year.

As the old Wendy's commercial said "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

What/who is the true impact of cns this year? There is no need in talking about how badly uat will kick our a$$ next year, discuss the present (not who you WERE or how great you WILL be).

I've been hearing everyone in the media talk about Saban as being a recruiting god. But do you think this class is any better than the one Shula would have brought in? To me Saban lost the two best players that ole Bambi had commitments from, Robert Marve and Kourtnei Brown. He gained two that Hula had no chance at, Josh Chapman and Luther Davis. Looks like a wash to me.

Shula would not have brought in a #10 on rivals ranked class. He never has. I know for a fact he wouldn't have gotten Goode (4 star RB), Kareem Jackson (4 star DB), Marquis Maze and others.

I will also say this. Kourtnei Brown was headed elsewhere regardless. And if you believe Robert Marve, he wouldn't have gone to Bama even if Shula stayed there.

Considering the fact that Saban only had like 30 days to recruit, we finished 6-7, and went 38 days without a coach in the middle of recruiting season, I'm very happy with the class.

Shula would not have brought in a #10 on rivals ranked class. He never has. I know for a fact he wouldn't have gotten Goode (4 star RB), Kareem Jackson (4 star DB), Marquis Maze and others.

I will also say this. Kourtnei Brown was headed elsewhere regardless. And if you believe Robert Marve, he wouldn't have gone to Bama even if Shula stayed there.

Considering the fact that Saban only had like 30 days to recruit, we finished 6-7, and went 38 days without a coach in the middle of recruiting season, I'm very happy with the class.

I forgot about Goode. IMO - He'll be the jewel of your class.

Archived