NFL says no to church.

WAR-MATT

Wasn't sure where to post this article.

You can show NFL games in sports bars, but not in a church? :gofig:

Link

INDIANAPOLIS (BP)--The National Football League has told a Southern Baptist church in Indianapolis it will run afoul of federal copyright law if it hosts a Super Bowl party this Sunday, even though the league makes a major exception for such large-scale viewings at sports bars.

edited

--You didn't do anything wrong, but we don't want to get a couple of good churches in trouble because the NFL has a stick up its butt. --The Moderating Staff

The problem that I gathered from the article that I read on it was that the church was charging admission to see the game. That was the major problem.

Whether they charge or not, some of the NFLs rules sound just plain stupid...

No projection systems, huh?

...large-group events can show the Super Bowl on a TV no larger than 55 inches wide...

Been to a bar lately that only has 1 TV???

NFL policy also prohibits the use of multiple televisions

Whether they charge or not, some of the NFLs rules sound just plain stupid...

No projection systems, huh?

...large-group events can show the Super Bowl on a TV no larger than 55 inches wide...

Been to a bar lately that only has 1 TV???

NFL policy also prohibits the use of multiple televisions

Buffalo Wild Wings for one breaks both of those rules.

I am a part of a church that cancelled a superbowl party in response to the issues mentioned above. THe church in question contacted the NFL and said they WOULD NOT charge a fee to cover food costs and the NFL still refused to allow them to show the game.

By the way, chain are not Bars do are not asked to comply to this rule -only churches- even when they pay no licensing fee. I am pretty sure no chain has to pay a licenisng fee unless there is official endorsement.

The issue with the NFL was that the they didn't want the superbowl being shown in coordination with the promotion of any kind of "message." Of course the churches that show the game would also want to teach the message that they believe.

The story mentioned that the church scrapped the admission thing. They were just charging a little something to cover food but weren't going to do it in light of the NFL's concerns.

The NFL is being a bunch of douche nozzles just because they can.

This conversation came up between a friend and I.

Talking about the game I said i didn't realize that this was first time that 2 black coaches were in the Super Bowl and that i don't think I really thought about it until the medias started exploiting it.

Her next question was have they used the angle of how spiritual the two coaches are?

I was perplexed and said no, but that I thought there were too many PC police to even bring that up it would be to "controversial".

To make a long story short , how many keggers have you had that you charged for a super bowl game and been hounded by the NFL?

F them I'm going to Church to watch the game and paying an admission fee. I love the shy type.

Archived