It's seems official

saniflush

Missouri State is the sticking point. K-State has to get them to change their sked, and MSU is having a problem with that. Until that gets done, it's not official.

:au::homer:

I don't understand something. Back when we were attempting to schedule Oregon State (Oregon) for the first game, the problem was that they wanted a home-and-home game, but we wouldn't schedule them because of that. We only wanted the home game at our place, and no return game. Why should this be different?

I think at that time we were thinking we could get the game without a return trip. That would be best from a finacial standpoint even if it is not from a fans standpoint. Now it is a pretty forgone conclusion that we will have to have a return trip to most any school we play.

I don't understand something. Back when we were attempting to schedule Oregon State (Oregon) for the first game, the problem was that they wanted a home-and-home game, but we wouldn't schedule them because of that. We only wanted the home game at our place, and no return game. Why should this be different?

The home and home wasn't a big issue with the Oregon St. game. The show stopper was a new rule by the PAC 10 having to do with revenue sharing. I don't know the details but it made the trip to Auburn not so attractive financially for OSU. Again, I'm not sure but it seems like the PAC 10 now requires revenue sharing with all teams when one team plays an OOC game, kind of like the SEC does with bowl games.

According to today's B'ham news, it loooks like we will play Tenn. Tech right before the Georgia game. That won't thrill anybody but it will give us an easier game in the middle of a tough road schedule. An added bit of interest is that TT's new HC is Watson Brown, ex HC at UAB.

An added bit of interest is that TT's new HC is Watson Brown, ex HC at UAB.

IMO that fact makes TTU a more attractive opponent for Auburn than troy, uab or samford.

Wait a minute... you said before the Georgia game or after? I was under the impression that we had to play the dawgs on the 10th, there would be a OOC on the 17th, and then we play the losers on the 24th.

Ryan

I am not sure why a single AU fan wouldn't be excited as hell about this game.

It's another Washington State type game....a game that gets interest/recognition around the country on National TV and best yet...it's a team that AU will roll over

Win/Win for AU

Archived