Ben Tate: One more reason to be excited

HarpyTrain

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading a while back that Deion Sanders was the only person to run a legit under 4.2 forty time in the NFL, that is without a tailwind.

Anybody who thinks anybody runs like Bo Jackson, probably never saw Bo Jackson...or forgot what they saw. B)

Bo Jackson is a republican :big:

Bo Jackson eats Republicans and Democrats for dinner. B)

I remember reading a while back that Deion Sanders was the only person to run a legit under 4.2 forty time in the NFL, that is without a tailwind.

Did Bo run a 4.12?

http://www.fantasyinfocentral.com/football...g_the_forty.php

Was he only bested by another Auburn man, Alexander Wright with 4.09?

http://www.dallasobserver.com/Issues/2006-...news/whitt.html

Anybody who thinks anybody runs like Bo Jackson, probably never saw Bo Jackson...or forgot what they saw. B)

Watch the tape, get out the old beta tapes and wind up the T.V. Ben Tate is good and looked good for a rookie in the SEC buuuuuut. Bo! BO right!!! BO the man was unfreakin stopable. I do understand that the point made was "maybe not in the same leauge" But BO! I do want a picture with him ghosted on the goal post and Ronnie, Caddy, Rudi, Bostic, Davis etc.... he was a REAL ROLE MODEL. The bear was leaning due to his drunkeness not cause he was cool or that you should look up to him. But to my point I dont think that there will ever be another like him. And it gets me very upset to think that he was only in the leauge for such a short time. And even worse if it happened now he would miss 10 games and come back stronger. :cry3::grouphug: I can dream!!!

No more comparisons to Bo and I dont care who it is...... Au nation Law???

Regards

PLAYOFF

Ben Tate is the next great AU running back (hereafter referred to as NGAURB.) Watched him in person at the Tulane & Arky St games -- the guy has speed to turn the outside corner & size to run it inside. He was underutilized this season, considering how banged up KI was, IMHO. (Water under the bridge now, but just sayin ... ...) Prediction: the pre-season media focus will be on McFadden/Jones at Arky and Harvin/Tebow at UF as the premier yardage gainers in the SEC. Ben Tate will be flying under the radar then but will be well known at the end of the season. :au: WDE

Ben Tate is the next great AU running back (hereafter referred to as NGAURB.) Watched him in person at the Tulane & Arky St games -- the guy has speed to turn the outside corner & size to run it inside. He was underutilized this season, considering how banged up KI was, IMHO. (Water under the bridge now, but just sayin ... ...) Prediction: the pre-season media focus will be on McFadden/Jones at Arky and Harvin/Tebow at UF as the premier yardage gainers in the SEC. Ben Tate will be flying under the radar then but will be well known at the end of the season. :au: WDE

i'll second that prediction and that NGAURB. NEXT SEASON IS SO FAR AWAY.

Yeah but he could not tackle the tailwind.

Neon Deion was Bo's Bi^ch!

I would agree with you, but as far as next year is concerned, I'm not sure that Ben will be then man next year. Brad Lester will be a junior I believe? He'll be the starter, well, I take that back considering a few games suspension. But I think Brad is still the man who everyone will look to as the number one guy. I see Ben as being a guy kinda like Kenny was. He's big and strong and fast but, Brad can be used as a different style threat who will rack up yards with his speed and ability to find the endzone. I'd wait another year until we see Ben Tate being utilized as a big time starter.

Is he the next great Auburn running back? Well, what do you define greatness as? Certainly guys like Bostic, Rudi Johnson, Cadillac, and Ronnie could fit into that category along with Jackson, Fullwood, or even Danley. Do y'all think Kenny was great? I do.

Ryan

Did Bo run a 4.12?

http://www.fantasyinfocentral.com/football...g_the_forty.php

Was he only bested by another Auburn man, Alexander Wright with 4.09?

http://www.dallasobserver.com/Issues/2006-...news/whitt.html

I know it is off subject, but Wright was the fastest smoothest human being I ever saw run with my own eyes. He didn't even look like he was moving and he left everyone behind. Remember the 20 yard space given to him by uat's DB's in the '89 game.

I would agree with you, but as far as next year is concerned, I'm not sure that Ben will be then man next year. Brad Lester will be a junior I believe? He'll be the starter, well, I take that back considering a few games suspension. But I think Brad is still the man who everyone will look to as the number one guy. I see Ben as being a guy kinda like Kenny was. He's big and strong and fast but, Brad can be used as a different style threat who will rack up yards with his speed and ability to find the endzone. I'd wait another year until we see Ben Tate being utilized as a big time starter.

Is he the next great Auburn running back? Well, what do you define greatness as? Certainly guys like Bostic, Rudi Johnson, Cadillac, and Ronnie could fit into that category along with Jackson, Fullwood, or even Danley. Do y'all think Kenny was great? I do.

Ryan

I'd say Kenny had some great games, but he spent too much time injured or otherwise off the field for me to consider him one of the great Auburn running backs. He may yet become a great NFL running back; time will tell.

Lester, if he can stay healthy, could enter the fraternity, and I think Tate has all the attributes necessary.

I've not forgotten Mario, I really hope Mario gets some recognition, I'd hate to see him pull a Kenny and transfer and come back and kick our ass.

I don't see Mario as a full-time guy at RB. He might split time at RB and WR. We would be wise to utilize him in any way possible.

Ryan

Enrique Davis, I believe, will come in and give add needed competition.

What about Mario? Has everyone forgotten Mario?

One of the top players I'm looking forward to seeing. Nothing but rave reviews from players and coaches. Has the size of a SEC back at 215-220 lbs, has 4.5-4.4 speed, awesome hands, and has a Reggie Bush style to add to his list of credentials. Look for him to be a multi-position guy next year (most likely WR/RB).

What about Tristan Davis as well.I tell ya ,ya got one guy that can run 7 times in one game for about 200 yards against an SEC team......well I think I would have a go at that again.Ben looks very good and Lester is that snake-through-a-hole type player.Ben reminds me more of a Fullwood type back..maybe even a William Andrews type.Lester is a tad like Stacy Danley/Demontray Carter(sp),and Tristan reminds me of Duece MaCallister.Please oh please do something with this guy!!!

What about Tristan Davis as well.I tell ya ,ya got one guy that can run 7 times in one game for about 200 yards against an SEC team......well I think I would have a go at that again.Ben looks very good and Lester is that snake-through-a-hole type player.Ben reminds me more of a Fullwood type back..maybe even a William Andrews type.Lester is a tad like Stacy Danley/Demontray Carter(sp),and Tristan reminds me of Duece MaCallister.Please oh please do something with this guy!!!

Ageed but what do you do with Fannin, Tate, Lester, E.Davis. If there were a need in this area like there was when we last saw him on offense Okay. But with the stupid amount of talet at the RB position we need his speed on the D!

But WOW that guy can flat out move!

Regards

PLAYOFF

Ageed but what do you do with Fannin, Tate, Lester, E.Davis. If there were a need in this area like there was when we last saw him on offense Okay. But with the stupid amount of talet at the RB position we need his speed on the D!

I loved seeing Tristan return kicks and hope he gets the chance to break a zillion of them next year! (Well, except I hope nobody is kicking off to us a "zillion" times...) Maybe he'll get lots of chances to show off his ball-carrying skills on interceptions!

Odds on Enrique redshirting, anyone?

I loved seeing Tristan return kicks and hope he gets the chance to break a zillion of them next year! (Well, except I hope nobody is kicking off to us a "zillion" times...) Maybe he'll get lots of chances to show off his ball-carrying skills on interceptions!

Odds on Enrique redshirting, anyone?

TD can return punts for TDs, not to mention interceptions if/when he gets one of those. ED will certainly be red-shirted. If you can find somebody to take that bet that he won't -- bet the house.

Archived