Progression of Bamer thought,,,,,,,,,Stealing Recruits

Tigermike

Guest Tigrinum Major

Who was coaching Alabama when Bo signed?

By the way, were you aware that Bo Jackson's skin is harder than diamond?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you being funny or serious. Right off the top of my head I can think of Cooper Wallace, Tommy Trott, Brandon Cox, and Courtney Taylor. Over the years there are many more including a somewhay unknown named:

Bo Jackson

Can you think of any the other way?

Lets go down the list...

Cooper Wallace, Tommy Trott, Courtney Taylor = all went to AU while we were under NCAA sanctions. Taylor wasnt offered as a WR.

Brandon Cox didnt get an offer from Fran because Fran was recruiting option QBs. BC all but BEGGED for a scholly offer. We offered Brandon Avalos instead (smart).

Some idiot from Alabama told Bo Jackson that he would be like 3rd on the depth chart and that we had plenty of RBs.

they could have not gone to alabama for a ton of reasons the point is that they didn't go to bama. These kids want to play football and want what is best for them. For some that means following their dream to play for their team, for others it means weighing the options and picking which team best suits them. In my opinion it would be stupid to blindly play for a team just because you grew up rooting for them.

Who was coaching Alabama when Bo signed?

By the way, were you aware that Bo Jackson's skin is harder than diamond?

Bryant...and it was a stupid move to pass on Bo.

And for your next question...all i have to ask is...Bo Jackson, Jack Bauer, or Chuck Norris?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Lets go down the list...

Cooper Wallace,

Signed in 2001, I believe, before sanction hit.

How far in the past are you going to go and how far in the future? This has to be the longest probation in the history of the NCAA.

Bo Jackson

Guest Tigrinum Major

I was reviewing the 2002 list. Did any of you realize that Lee Guess was a three star and Courtney Taylor was a one star? Ben Grubbs was a one. Tim Duckworth was a four.

Interesting stuff.

Are you being funny or serious. Right off the top of my head I can think of Cooper Wallace, Tommy Trott, Brandon Cox, and Courtney Taylor. Over the years there are many more including a somewhay unknown named:

Bo Jackson

Lets go down the list...

Cooper Wallace, Tommy Trott, Courtney Taylor = all went to AU while we were under NCAA sanctions. Taylor wasnt offered as a WR.

Brandon Cox didnt get an offer from Fran because Fran was recruiting option QBs. BC all but BEGGED for a scholly offer. We offered Brandon Avalos instead (smart).

Some idiot from Alabama told Bo Jackson that he would be like 3rd on the depth chart and that we had plenty of RBs.

OK BG let's look at where this leaves you. You said earlier "I don't think you grow up a lifelong bama fan (I filled in the blank for you to fit the situation) and play for the team's bitter rival when you are offered the same scholarship."

I gave you some examples that clearly refute this. Rather than admit you are wrong, you now put conditions (excuses) into the picture........oh but we were on probation. yada, yada, yada. So let's throw out all but Bo. As I said there are others over the years but just ONE makes your original claim wrong. You weren't on probation when we signed Bo and he not only turned down his favorite team growing up but turned down Bear himself.

Bo Jackson

Lets go down the list...

Some idiot from Alabama told Bo Jackson that he would be like 3rd on the depth chart and that we had plenty of RBs.------if my memory is correct, the idiot you refer to was Ken Donahue. I would love for you to have had the opportunity to tell Ken that to his face. You wouldn't do it but once. But I can arrange for you to tell that to his son Ben, whom I know well, if you would like.

if my memory is correct, the idiot you refer to was Ken Donahue. I would love for you to have had the opportunity to tell Ken that to his face. You wouldn't do it but once. But I can arrange for you to tell that to his son Ben, whom I know well, if you would like.

Yes PT, I want to get in a fight with someone. I swear dude...be a grown up. You have to be the biggest crybaby on this board.

Hurry go tell the mods i called you a crybaby.

BG -

I can't vouch for any of the others, but I can tell you for an absolute fact that Courtney never had any interest in Alabama whatsoever. If he was a "fan" of any team, it probably would have been UA, but he had no strong allegiances to either school when he was growing up. He made up his mind to go to Auburn pretty much before making any official visits because he took the time to research the school and knew it would be a place he could make an impact. It didn't hurt that the Auburn coaches were open to talking with him despite the fact that he was really on nobody's radar coming out.

Taylor played high school ball just 40 minutes from the Bama campus, but the Tide coaches were completely unaware he existed. When he announced his intent to sign with Auburn, then and only then did they make any effort to recruit him. Unfortunately, most of those attempts were extremely negative and some were simply crass. I was completely disgusted by the approach they took. If the Bama coaches had bothered to do any homework on Taylor, they would have known that attacking Auburn and deriding his decision would be the wrong tactic if they intended to sway his opinion. CT did take a visit (don't remember whether it was official or unofficial) in order to appease some friends who were Bama fans, but he never had any interest in the Tide at all.

Ask him now. He'll tell you that signing with Auburn was the second best decision he ever made. The first was accepting the Christian faith.

And I reject your "Brandon Cox was begging" fallacy. He could have gone to either. Auburn showed him more. He chose wisely. Probation had nothing, zero, zip, zilch, nada to do with Taylor, Cox, Trott or Cooper going to Auburn. But you can keep smoking the probation pipe for as long as you want.

if my memory is correct, the idiot you refer to was Ken Donahue. I would love for you to have had the opportunity to tell Ken that to his face. You wouldn't do it but once. But I can arrange for you to tell that to his son Ben, whom I know well, if you would like.

Yes PT, I want to get in a fight with someone. I swear dude...be a grown up. You have to be the biggest crybaby on this board.

Hurry go tell the mods i called you a crybaby.

Your standard response when you get called and proven wrong. :moon:

Me the biggest crybaby? Wrong again. I'm only 5'10?". You said you are 6'4' . You showed everybody who is a big crybaby with the thread you started in the baskeball forum after bama got dominated by Auburn Monday night.

Me call on the mods? Oh baby, if you only knew what most of them think about you. :big:

Bo Jackson

Lets go down the list...

OK BG let's look at where this leaves you. You said earlier "I don't think you grow up a lifelong bama fan (I filled in the blank for you to fit the situation) and play for the team's bitter rival when you are offered the same scholarship."

I gave you some examples that clearly refute this. Rather than admit you are wrong, you now put conditions (excuses) into the picture........oh but we were on probation. yada, yada, yada. So let's throw out all but Bo. As I said there are others over the years but just ONE makes your original claim wrong. You weren't on probation when we signed Bo and he not only turned down his favorite team growing up but turned down Bear himself.

BG....I notice you conveniently didn't respond to this post. It's really hard for you to be called out isn't it? And I noticed you couldn't name on player who grew up an Auburn fan and went to bama. Let me help you with a very recent one......Demeco Ryans. He grew up a HUGE Auburn fan but was a one star coming out of HS and Auburn didn't offer him. The rest is history. Tubs later said he made a huge mistake Ryan's case. At least he was man enough to admit it without any yada, yada, yada.

BG -

I can't vouch for any of the others, but I can tell you for an absolute fact that Courtney never had any interest in Alabama whatsoever. If he was a "fan" of any team, it probably would have been UA, but he had no strong allegiances to either school when he was growing up. He made up his mind to go to Auburn pretty much before making any official visits because he took the time to research the school and knew it would be a place he could make an impact. It didn't hurt that the Auburn coaches were open to talking with him despite the fact that he was really on nobody's radar coming out.

Taylor played high school ball just 40 minutes from the Bama campus, but the Tide coaches were completely unaware he existed. When he announced his intent to sign with Auburn, then and only then did they make any effort to recruit him. Unfortunately, most of those attempts were extremely negative and some were simply crass. I was completely disgusted by the approach they took. If the Bama coaches had bothered to do any homework on Taylor, they would have known that attacking Auburn and deriding his decision would be the wrong tactic if they intended to sway his opinion. CT did take a visit (don't remember whether it was official or unofficial) in order to appease some friends who were Bama fans, but he never had any interest in the Tide at all.

Ask him now. He'll tell you that signing with Auburn was the second best decision he ever made. The first was accepting the Christian faith.

And now Courtney is set to graduate having beat UAT five consecutive years. Plus it looks like he will be drafted in the upcoming NFL draft.

Not bad for a kid hardly no one wanted. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I bet it's nothing for Ben to whip a man's ass, is it?

Oh man... Roy D. Mercer. "I'm comin' to whip your ass right after my nap."

Well how big of a boy are ya?

Bo Jackson

Lets go down the list...

Brandon Cox didnt get an offer from Fran because Fran was recruiting option QBs. BC all but BEGGED for a scholly offer. We offered Brandon Avalos instead (smar

Some idiot from Alabama told Bo Jackson that he would be like 3rd on the depth chart and that we had plenty of R

I gave you some examples that clearly refute this. Rather than admit you are wrong, you now put conditions (excuses) into the picture.....oh but we were on probation. yada, yada, yada. So let's throw out all but Bo. As I said there are others over the years but just ONE makes your original claim wrong. You weren't on probation when we signed Bo and he not only turned down his favorite team growing up but turned down Bear himself.

BG....I notice you conveniently didn't respond to this post. It's really hard for you to be called out isn't it? And I noticed you couldn't name on player who grew up an Auburn fan and went to bama. Let me help you with a very recent one......Demeco Ryans. He grew up a HUGE Auburn fan but was a one star coming out of HS and Auburn didn't offer him. The rest is history. Tubs later said he made a huge mistake Ryan's case. At least he was man enough to admit it without any yada, yada, yada.

BG....you can run but you can't hide :poke:

Well, Jared Cooper is probably coming here now and possibly Ryan Williams as well. You can also give up on McNeil and Gibson now. I can't even imagine how much we'll dominate you in recruiting once we beat you in Jerdan-Saban Stadium in November. You barners seem to have forgotten that when all things are equal, Bama dominates you. You've been capitalizing on our probation and poor coaching choices, but those issues are in the past. Prepare to be put in your place. Moo Barners Moooooooooo

This is typical bammer arogance and unbelievable IGNORANCE. Someone please post him the FACTS of this series...Please remind him that while their most recognizable drunk(I mean coach) held a great record against us, they still only lead the series by 6 games....Someone please tell him that his team is 0-6 in their own stadium against us and 2-6 in Auburn. Have some success before you start trying to rename the stadium to satisfy your over inflated ego. Next he'll say they dominate Tennessee too....funny thing is UAT has lost 300 games in their history...and 70 of them have been to Auburn and Tennesee, that's 22.8% of all their losses to these two teams... Yeah, they dominate us... :lol: What an idiot... Has to be Scott Moore, the uat moron that has no concept of facts whatsoever....

:blink::blink::blink:

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. Interesting and important fact.

Hmmmmm....I'm wondering something now. Should the game be moved back to Legion Field - that "neutral site"? Maybe that would make the game more fair and give them a chance.

I dont think you grow up a "lifelong ____ fan" and play for the team's bitter rival when you are offered the same scholarship.

Do you all HONESTLY think any of you would have taken a scholarship from Bama over AU coming out of high school?

Wasn't Bo a Bammer fan in high school? Someone correct me if I am wrong but it's been a long time since that happened. Maybe if not with Bo, I know it's happend recently with one of our recruits.

Anyone remember the Britt boys?

They grew up AU fans. CTT saw something just didnt mesh with him. He never offered a one. bama got them all.

Things that make you go hhhmmmmm...

They grew up AU fans. CTT saw something just didnt mesh with him. He never offered a one. bama got them all.

I thought Da Tad stolet them away.

there was one kid named britt that played for us recently but i don't know if there was any relation

Bo Jackson

Lets go down the list...

Brandon Cox didnt get an offer from Fran because Fran was recruiting option QBs. BC all but BEGGED for a scholly offer. We offered Brandon Avalos instead (smar

Some idiot from Alabama told Bo Jackson that he would be like 3rd on the depth chart and that we had plenty of R

I gave you some examples that clearly refute this. Rather than admit you are wrong, you now put conditions (excuses) into the picture.....oh but we were on probation. yada, yada, yada. So let's throw out all but Bo. As I said there are others over the years but just ONE makes your original claim wrong. You weren't on probation when we signed Bo and he not only turned down his favorite team growing up but turned down Bear himself.

BG....you can run but you can't hide :poke:

Proud, bg will never admit when he is wrong. Even when infants in the womb can see it, he won't admit it. He plays dirty pool and has little character on this board. He also has a new pair of nuts he owes to saban. Don't forget him on your christmas list bg.

Do you all HONESTLY think any of you would have taken a scholarship from Bama over AU coming out of high school?

obviously there are coaching staffs out there stupid enough to give it a try, eh BS? :rolleyes:

He plays dirty pool and has little character on this board.

You may not always agree with me, and that is fine. But to question my character is a bit much don't you think?

He plays dirty pool and has little character on this board.

You may not always agree with me, and that is fine. But to question my character is a bit much don't you think?

Let me think about that. :rolleyes::P:big:

Archived