Progression of Bamer thought,,,,,,,,,Stealing Recruits

Tigermike

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think you grow up a "lifelong ____ fan" and play for the team's bitter rival when you are offered the same scholarship.

Do you all HONESTLY think any of you would have taken a scholarship from Bama over AU coming out of high school?

BG, THAT is the most pathetic thing you have ever written on this board. This happens all the time. Demeco Ryans ring a bell? Carnell? This has happened hundreds of times for hundreds of reasons.

How I got to be an Auburn fan is the same way. I already have a bet with Kim that if Ethan plays at the collegiate level he ends up at Bama, God has a sense of humor about this.

This is about life, it is not about RELIGION. Some of you bama folks should really try Jesus. Bama is a football team, not a religion that you approach with the zeal of of a Muslim extremist. If a kid chooses to go somewhere else, or ends up somewhere else, the Anti-Christ is not involved...The kids are not 'TRAITORS' to the cause because they end up elsewhere.

Yeah, if you find out that the school is superior in your field of study, if the school has better facilities, if the school has better coaches, if the school has landed more players in the NFL at my position, if the school has more national prestige, has a more homey atmosphere, has better co-eds .....need I go on?

By this description, i soon expect us to be taking verbals from plenty of lifelong AU fans.

I see one as a lean towards Bama. To outright claim the others is just downright smug.

Sucks to your auntie.

Sucks to your ass-mar.

I know a lot of rival fans were calling Scott Moore a moron when he said Saban was coming to Bama several weeks before he did.

deliverence9gy.jpg

Maybe we should have said $aban was the moron.

Wasn't just offering a grey shirt while was offering a full ride? Doesn't sound like they are taking a 5 star athlete, but a project. Sounds desperate to me as an fan.

He was a grey shirt offer until we offered him a full ride. Then AU offered him a fill ride as well.

Yeah, if you find out that the school is superior in your field of study, if the school has better facilities, if the school has better coaches, if the school has landed more players in the NFL at my position, if the school has more national prestige, has a more homey atmosphere, has better co-eds .....need I go on?

By this description, i soon expect us to be taking verbals from plenty of lifelong AU fans.

PUH-LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

I dont think you grow up a "lifelong ____ fan" and play for the team's bitter rival when you are offered the same scholarship.

Do you all HONESTLY think any of you would have taken a scholarship from Bama over AU coming out of high school?

I was a life long Bama fan until my senior year of HS. Started visiting schools and feel more at home in Auburn. I have another friend that did the exact same thing.

Ditto!!

Take this for ALL it's worth...From a LINK that I cannot share at present...

You will hear shortly that the only reason Bama got Kareem Jackson was that his scores did not get him into Vandy....

I KID YOU NOT!!!!!

I know a lot of rival fans were calling Scott Moore a moron when he said Saban was coming to Bama several weeks before he did.

deliverence9gy.jpg

They were...but that that wasn't why. :lol:

Scott Moore = assclown

Don't forget "BOBO HONKER"...I just love to say that! :)

Take this for ALL it worth...From a LINK that I cannot share at present...

You will hear shortly that the only reason Bama got Kareem Jackson was that his scores did not get him into Vandy....

I KID YOU NOT!!!!!

You are right on DKW.

Vandy placed him in the prep school with the hopes of him being able to get into Vandy. He could have been admitted to every other SEC school straight out of HS. But Vandy was the only one that offered and Vandy requirements are a little tougher than the rest of the SEC. His grades did not improve like they had hoped and backed off.

I see one as a lean towards Bama. To outright claim the others is just downright smug.

Sucks to your auntie.

Sucks to your ass-mar.

Well superior in your field of study...we dont know what he's studying. But per national rankings, UA and AU alternate just about every year. So thats a push. Better coaches? Id tend to think the majority of the country would say Saban is a better coach than CTT. He has more hardware than does CTT. But either way, its not like CTT vs Saban would be a REASON to not go to Alabama. Players in the NFL? Well we have Chris Samuels, Wesley Britt, Evan Mathis, Justin Smiley. THats off the top of my head. National prestige or national ranking? Because Alabama has more national prestige. Thats not me being an ass...and none of it has to do with what weve done the last 5 years...but its fact. I'll give you homey atmosphere. I wont give you co-eds. Thats another push.

deliverence9gy.jpg

This is a family forum not a dating forum. Keep your homosexual trolling off the board.

NTTATWWT

Guest Tigrinum Major

Well we have Chris Samuels, Wesley Britt, Evan Mathis, Justin Smiley.

You must weep when you think about what your O line was and what it has become.

By the way, off the top of my head: Willie Anderson, Marcus McNeil, Wayne Gandy, Chris Gray, & Kendall Simmons.

I might have missed a few.

Well superior in your field of study...we dont know what he's studying. But per national rankings, UA and AU alternate just about every year. So thats a push. Better coaches? Id tend to think the majority of the country would say Saban is a better coach than CTT. He has more hardware than does CTT. But either way, its not like CTT vs Saban would be a REASON to not go to Alabama. Players in the NFL? Well we have Chris Samuels, Wesley Britt, Evan Mathis, Justin Smiley. THats off the top of my head. National prestige or national ranking? Because Alabama has more national prestige. Thats not me being an ass...and none of it has to do with what weve done the last 5 years...but its fact. I'll give you homey atmosphere. I wont give you co-eds. Thats another push.

Saban better than Tuberville? Bah. You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? If the majority of the country would say that they don't know squat about football. Only Texas and USC have won more games than AU over the last five. And that includes three of Saban's LSU years (and Miles has done more with LSU than Saban did record-wise).

Players in the NFL? You listed a bunch of stand-arounders and left off the ONLY guy you have with any name pop, Shaun Alexander. On the other side, let's try: Karlos Dansby (starter, AZ), Dontarrious Thomas (starter, MN), Heath Evans (starter, NE), Carnell Williams (starter, TB), Ronnie Brown (starter, MIA), Jason Campbell (starter, WA), Marcus McNeil (starter, SD), Rudi Johnson (starter, CN), Willie Anderson (starter, CN), Takeo Spikes (starter, BUF), Kendall Simmons (starter, PIT), Tim Carter (starter, NYG), Reggie Torbor (starter, NYG), Wayne Gandy (starter, NO), Carlos Rogers (starter, WA). And then you can add: Marcus Washington, Fred Beasley, Jeno James, Rob Bironas, Chris Gray, Tony Richardson, Jay Ratliff... need I continue?

National prestige? Bah. National joke. There's a difference. What you used to be isn't prestige.

Coeds? You need to open your eyes. There are some good looking girls in Tuscaloosa, but they are far outnumbered any day in Auburn. There's no competition.

Saban better than Tuberville? Bah. You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? If the majority of the country would say that they don't know squat about football. Only Texas and USC have won more games than AU over the last five. And that includes three of Saban's LSU years (and Miles has done more with LSU than Saban did record-wise).

Players in the NFL? You listed a bunch of stand-arounders and left off the ONLY guy you have with any name pop, Shaun Alexander. On the other side, let's try: Karlos Dansby (starter, AZ), Dontarrious Thomas (starter, MN), Heath Evans (starter, NE), Carnell Williams (starter, TB), Ronnie Brown (starter, MIA), Jason Campbell (starter, WA), Marcus McNeil (starter, SD), Rudi Johnson (starter, CN), Willie Anderson (starter, CN), Takeo Spikes (starter, BUF), Kendall Simmons (starter, PIT), Tim Carter (starter, NYG), Reggie Torbor (starter, NYG), Wayne Gandy (starter, NO), Carlos Rogers (starter, WA). And then you can add: Marcus Washington, Fred Beasley, Jeno James, Rob Bironas, Chris Gray, Fred Beasley, Tony Richardson, Jay Ratliff...

National prestige? Bah. National joke. There's a difference. What you used to be isn't prestige.

Coeds? You need to open your eyes. There are some good looking girls in Tuscaloosa, but they are far outnumbered any day in Auburn. There's no competition.

Um I know you read it so I guess you are just being a blowhard. The proposal was NFL at his POSITION. And Chris Samuels isnt a "stand arounder"...unless thats what they call pro bowlers these days. I could have listed the Defensive Rookie of the year...or the first runner up in Mark Anderson. I could have listed Roman Harper - Starter, Shaun Alexander - former MVP, DeShea Townsend - Starter...Cornelius Griffin - starter...etc. But I DIDNT because that wasnt what we were talking about. And I dont think Jared is going to be a WR anytime soon.

The co-eds thing is a joke. Im telling you. The schools are equal. Its basically...take half the hot girls in alabama...some go to AU some go to UA. Your cheerleaders may be hotter but thats because we compete nationally...and traditionally beautiful girls arent 4'10 and 85 lbs.

You go poll any major football board and ask about whos got more national prestige over their football tenure...i promise you it wont be auburn.

CTT vs Saban, again, just because YOU want to invalidate everyone else's opinon...simply to try and validate your own...doesnt make you right.

Players in the NFL? You listed a bunch of stand-arounders and left off the ONLY guy you have with any name pop, Shaun Alexander. On the other side, let's try: Karlos Dansby (starter, AZ), Dontarrious Thomas (starter, MN), Heath Evans (starter, NE), Carnell Williams (starter, TB), Ronnie Brown (starter, MIA), Jason Campbell (starter, WA), Marcus McNeil (starter, SD), Rudi Johnson (starter, CN), Willie Anderson (starter, CN), Takeo Spikes (starter, BUF), Kendall Simmons (starter, PIT), Tim Carter (starter, NYG), Reggie Torbor (starter, NYG), Wayne Gandy (starter, NO), Carlos Rogers (starter, WA). And then you can add: Marcus Washington, Fred Beasley, Jeno James, Rob Bironas, Chris Gray, Fred Beasley, Tony Richardson, Jay Ratliff...

Just so you are not corrected by a Bama fan....I believe BG and TM are discussing OL players at the next level...

crap...too late...

The co-eds thing is a joke. Im telling you. The schools are equal. Its basically...take half the hot girls in alabama...some go to AU some go to UA. Your cheerleaders may be hotter but thats because we compete nationally...and traditionally beautiful girls arent 4'10 and 85 lbs.

I want to interject here. My wife, who is an Alabama Alumnus ('03 as well), and was fricking president of her sorority at Alabama (which, I might add, was chock full of hotties), has admitted to me on more than one occasion that OVERALL, Auburn has the hotter girls. She has been with me to numerous Auburn games over the past 3 years, and even she is amazed at the hotness level of our co-eds. So, I'll take her opinion over yours any day of the week.

CTT vs Saban, again, just because YOU want to invalidate everyone else's opinon...simply to try and validate your own...doesnt make you right.

Nor does it make you right. It works both ways.

Archived