Finebaums latest article

BAMMERPERRY

We know what lies in store for us, so do you and all other rival fans. One things for sure, when we go undefeated, we play for the National Title.

I think the important phrase is "when we go undefeated". Not going to happen.

why not? i'm not going to sit here and say we are going to be world beaters, but yall love to berate any bama fan who says bama will do this or that and "CNS hasn't even played a down!!!!". yet you sit here and do the same exact thing. he hasn't even played a down on the field yet you know what will or will not happen.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Saban's future at Alabama is much brighter than Spurrier

I'm just curious. What qualifies this statement?

Name me the last time South Carolina won a conference title?

South Carolina is having a great class....just like in 2000/2001 when Holtz got Top 10 classes and everyone proclaimed them to be the upcoming, best team in the East but I don't buy it until they actually do it.

Spurrier still has Blake Mitchell as QB which means they are at least 2 years from competing for the SECC. And I give him 3-4 more years of their HC.

Thus, I expect Saban and Alabama to have much more success.

South Carolina is having a great class....just like in 2000/2001 when Holtz got Top 10 classes and everyone proclaimed them to be the upcoming, best team in the East but I don't buy it until they actually do it.

Spurrier still has Blake Mitchell as QB which means they are at least 2 years from competing for the SECC. And I give him 3-4 more years of their HC.

I agree.

We'll be much better than last year. Shula was a very bad coach when it came to the weightroom and physical training. Bama will win the West next year.

Go ahead and book you a room in Atlanta and get you some good tickets too. I know you wouldn't want to be in the nosebleeds to see Bama's return to dominance in Atlanta. Now all you have to worry about is if your mom can drive you because you haven't gotten you license yet.

i think there were only 3 that were really in the hunt.....rodriguez, spurrier, and saban. you can correct me if i'm wrong on that. but you would be crazy to think that we didn't get the best choice out of those 3, or however many were really being considered. and btw, i believe his contract was only $32 mil. and as far as the "beat the crap out of" statement? lets have a little breakdown of AU's games against LSU from 2000-2004

2000 34-17 W

2001 14-27 L

2002 31-7 W

2003 7-31 L

2004 10-9 W

mind you, every win came at JHS and every loss came at baton rouge. thats hardly beating the crap out of someone. now AU vs UA, THATS beating the crap out of someone :( . nobody said that the job was a plum assignment. you would be crazy to think that judging by the coaching carousel as of late.

In 2002, Auburn did beat the crap out of LSU. Auburn was supposed to lose that game. No way was Auburn supposed to win, and Auburn took it to LSU. Yes, we won at home, but NO ONE expected us to win. In 2004, LSU was the national championship team. SO please, don't act like those wins were nothing! I said it before and I will say it again: Saben came to Alabama because he didn't believe he was going to make it coaching in the NFL. That nonsense about liking to coach at the college level is what it is, nonsense. He would have known while he was at LSU that he liked coaching college kids. Surely he had enough sense to think about it before jumping to the NFL. Or, maybe Saben just likes money thrown at him. At least Fran started off showing some class, but this guy comes off as being classless. If you don't like a certain word, why would you repeat it to reporters. That is either dumb or classless.

I agree.

There was a guy named Dietzel who won a MNC at LSU. He moved on to South Carolina and failed miserably.

I agree.

There was a guy named Dietzel who won a MNC at LSU. He moved on to South Carolina and failed miserably.

Another good coach.

Well, if so, the whole nation likes to see that corpse rot. Most people don't even know where Auburn is.

I beg to differ! I was in California a few years back and when I said I was from Auburn, they said, wow,even in London England people were crowed in the ESPN restuarant to watch Auburn in a bowl game! The Tigers, they are a great team. When I was in New York this summer, I got many War Eagle's when wearing my auburn shirts and a taxi driver (from another country) said he loved Tommy Tubberville.

You have to admit, Bama won't let Bear rest in Peace. He was a great coach, but you all have to get on with your lives. Saban may be the best thing since sliced bread, but we were 3-2 against him.

I still think that with all the money he is getting, you all (and auburn) have professors who are a little ticked off that their salaries are so low (and many of these teach football players) and he gets so much and hasn't earned it yet.

good luck with Saban, we are glad we still have Tubberville.

Archived