Finebaums latest article

BAMMERPERRY

We know what lies in store for us, so do you and all other rival fans. One things for sure, when we go undefeated, we play for the National Title.

Bammer was 9-0 going into the LSU game in 2005, and they were still ranked behind a one loss Miami team. How do you explain that? I dont remember a one loss team being ranked ahead of Auburn in 2004. That shows what a joke the Bammers football program has become and how little respect they get nationally.

The Bammers also finished the regular season 11-0 in 1994 and finished the regular season ranked #3 in both polls behind Nebraska and Penn State.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if so, the whole nation likes to see that corpse rot. Most people don't even know where Auburn is.

Nobody knows huh...I guess all the pub we've been getting nationally over the last 7 years or so has only made people say Auburn who?....but I hate to tell you I travel a pretty good bit and everyone know the AU tag and AU hat at the bars....never once been asked where or who....oh, but I bet you have similar stories where a little kid in Nigeria has always dreamed about AL football and the BAHR and his only wish is to come to the great state of AL and watch a game at Jordan Hare-West and walk through the hords of crimson fans.....hmmm if only... :poke:

Well, if so, the whole nation likes to see that corpse rot. Most people don't even know where Auburn is.

Nobody knows huh...I guess all the pub we've been getting nationally over the last 7 years or so has only made people say Auburn who?....but I hate to tell you I travel a pretty good bit and everyone know the AU tag and AU hat at the bars....never once been asked where or who....oh, but I bet you have similar stories where a little kid in Nigeria has always dreamed about AL football and the BAHR and his only wish is to come to the great state of AL and watch a game at Jordan Hare-West and walk through the hords of crimson fans.....hmmm if only... :poke:

Actually, "and honestly without any prejudice" I am an international guy and I've been around this globe more than I hoped for "for business reasons". I almost been to every state in this country "except wyoming" in addition to all the other continents except for Australia. I also have been to countries where you can't go into unless you know someone in the inside that can consign your way in. Also, I am a proud bama fans so often when I go out to a store to buy a carton of milk I put on a bama shirt or hat or anything of some sort.

I was completely surprised and sometimes amazed by people stopping me in places "over 3000 miles around the globe" and say Roll Tide. and I am not talking about white caucasion or african americans who happen to be abroad. Those are natives and some of these people work the most absurd jobs and sometimes live in areas where you can hardly get water. The reason I am saying that it amazes me is because I've been to Bama and unfortunately during my years there I dont remember that much diversity going on on campus except for the whole black and white diversity. On another note, I've noticed a guy in DC wearing an Auburn shirt and was strolling down M street. My friend "the Auburn guy" yelled with pride at him "war eagle" but the guy totally did not get it and walked away with a questionable look on this face. My auburn friend was so p'd off that he wanted to strip him naked and take that shirt off the guy.

I am not trying to discredit what you said because I did not conduct any social experiment to know whether people know where Auburn was and therefore my judgment there is not complete but I thought about sharing real life experiences...

Today I listened to Paul Finebaum, to hear him cry about the game last night. He really didn't talk much about Auburn (no big surprise there), but was blasting Mike Gottfried. And is wasn't so long ago that he was praising Gottfried to the skies. I do think it should be required that $aban listen to Finebaum today, so he'd get some idea of what he is in for. I don't think he expects to be reviled. But, make no mistake about it, he will be.

Ummm this post is running at 6 pages long...SOME how I get the feeling that most do care about Bama and what Paul says why.......I don't know.I would love to check the % of post on this board that's related to Bama with the exception of game day post or game week post.Other than this one you won't fine me on many if any.I'm one of the few that REALLY doesn't care about Bama.....can we please get a bangwagon going to haul a few more. :(

Guest Tigrinum Major

Then why read and resurrect the thread? The last post was about 20 hours old, which is ancient in message board half lifes.

Why protest about how little you care for Alabama? Why not just ignore threads that end up with Alabama content?

We have met the enemy and they are us.

Wanna shut up a Bammer fan? Ask them to spell Tuscaloosa or sing Bammer's fight song.

Errrr.......I can do both. Where's my trophy? :homer:

In the same box of Cracker Jacks you got your diploma.

Then why read and resurrect the thread? The last post was about 20 hours old, which is ancient in message board half lifes.

Why protest about how little you care for Alabama? Why not just ignore threads that end up with Alabama content?

Just a little reality check....I do ignore threads of Alabama content ,good Lord if I put my 2 cents in,onto every Alabama related title on this forum,I think I would have as many post as you.Why protest about how little I care for Alabama......?Because that's what Auburn fans do?

Wanna shut up a Bammer fan? Ask them to spell Tuscaloosa or sing Bammer's fight song.

That was BRUTAL!!!

Just a little reality check....I do ignore threads of Alabama content ,good Lord if I put my 2 cents in,onto every Alabama related title on this forum,I think I would have as many post as you.Why protest about how little I care for Alabama......?Because that's what Auburn fans do?

Yes.

As Alabama fans protesting about how little they care for Auburn is what they do.

As Ohio State fans protesting about how little they care for Michigan is what they do. And vice versa.

As Miami fans protesting about how little they care for Florida State is what they do. And vice-versa.

As Army fans protesting about how little they care for Navy is what they do. And vice-versa.

It's called a rivalry.

It wouldn't be a very good one if one never discussed the other's faults.

Hmmm.. I always thought if you drove through Tuscaloosa with the windows rolled down in your car, they'd throw a diploma in. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hmmm.. I always thought if you drove through Tuscaloosa with the windows rolled down in your car, they'd throw a diploma in. Thanks for clearing that up.

No, that's not a diploma they are throwing. Oh, wait a minute...this is the recruiting forum right?

Up here in the Shoals. there is rumored to be a tree that if you leave a six pack of beer with a note declaring your field of study under, you will receive your :ua: diploma in the mail within 5-7 working days.

I love slamming Bammers when possible...I hate them and want you to hate them too....

Saban hire is a joke because he was 4th choice and cost Bammers $40m to get him... if the job was such a plum assignment, why did the Bammers have to break the bank to get the guy? Plus, he is below 500 against Auburn....I love it...break the bank for a guy we beat the crap out of....as the "State" university, Bammers should own us no matter what....and they don't...

You gotta' love those delusional uaters. sabear is the next in a long line of failures @ west vance.

I love slamming Bammers when possible...I hate them and want you to hate them too....

Saban hire is a joke because he was 4th choice and cost Bammers $40m to get him... if the job was such a plum assignment, why did the Bammers have to break the bank to get the guy? Plus, he is below 500 against Auburn....I love it...break the bank for a guy we beat the crap out of....as the "State" university, Bammers should own us no matter what....and they don't...

i think there were only 3 that were really in the hunt.....rodriguez, spurrier, and saban. you can correct me if i'm wrong on that. but you would be crazy to think that we didn't get the best choice out of those 3, or however many were really being considered. and btw, i believe his contract was only $32 mil. and as far as the "beat the crap out of" statement? lets have a little breakdown of AU's games against LSU from 2000-2004

2000 34-17 W

2001 14-27 L

2002 31-7 W

2003 7-31 L

2004 10-9 W

mind you, every win came at JHS and every loss came at baton rouge. thats hardly beating the crap out of someone. now AU vs UA, THATS beating the crap out of someone :( . nobody said that the job was a plum assignment. you would be crazy to think that judging by the coaching carousel as of late.

i think there were only 3 that were really in the hunt.....rodriguez, spurrier, and saban. you can correct me if i'm wrong on that. but you would be crazy to think that we didn't get the best choice out of those 3, or however many were really being considered.

Are you serious????

You guys have seriously convinced yourselves that this guy is more than he is.

You're telling me that Saban is a better college football coach than Steve Spurrier???

First of all, South Carolina is no Florida, and Alabama is no LSU.

So as excited as South Carolina was to get Spurrier who pretty much dominated the NC's of the 90's, they're still not a real contender for even the SEC 3 years later.

The only difference between South Carolina and uat is that South Carolina knows its place. They're not anywhere near as delusional as you guys, although few can be.

As far as Rodriguez, they are comparable coaches, but I'd give the edge on who I'd rather have as my HC to Rodriguez just for having some hint of moral character.

When did Spurrier become the HC at Arkansas?

Dammit, I was hoping I could change that before anyone commented.

I have no idea where my brain was on that.

What's funny is I didn't just say it once, I stuck with it like 5 times.

:slapfh:

Well, I deleted my other post in hopes of sparing you the embarrassment of calling you out, but there you go quoting me. Now everyone knows.

I think Saban's future at Alabama is much brighter than Spurrier

But Spurrier is the better HC and has the credentials over Saban bar none.

SL, only the delusional bammers would think otherwise...

We know what lies in store for us, so do you and all other rival fans. One things for sure, when we go undefeated, we play for the National Title.

I think the important phrase is "when we go undefeated". Not going to happen.

Archived