Finebaums latest article

BAMMERPERRY

Guest Tigrinum Major

Sorry, but the administration that handled the Dubose, Franchione, Price and Shula hires didn't get smart overnight.

Saban and Sexton orchestrated the whole thing. And Moore still almost messed things up with Rich Rodriguez.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of the reason the Bama search got some much national attention was the mishandling of it by your own AD

it wasn't mishandled by our AD, there was just a lot of media speculation. Any AD that can go out and hire Saban away from the NFL pulled one heckuva coup.

He also got turned down by RR and many say it was because the whole thing was so public due to Moore's idiotic tactics of letting everyone know everything before the contract was signed.

He did a good job with Saban but he screwed up the RR deal and thus made everyone look at the situation and chuckle

Part of the reason the Bama search got some much national attention was the mishandling of it by your own AD

it wasn't mishandled by our AD, there was just a lot of media speculation. Any AD that can go out and hire Saban away from the NFL pulled one heckuva coup.

headup.jpg

BAMAPERRY has been known to go to great lengths to defend UAT!

Unsuccessfully

No, Moore wanted Saban from the git go, some influential BOTers wanted RR, or let's just say did NOT want Saban. Moore leaked the RR thingy intentionally to blow the deal. Pretty smart.

yeah..ok..whatever makes you sleep at night.. Let's all just hope Mal Moore is still there in 2-3 years when Saban bolts from that cesspool, and he gets to entertain the entire country yet again with his ineptness...wonder what their 5th choice for coach will be then??

Let me explain something to the people who obviously don't understand. This article, the Bama "train of thought" that they are always and should always be better than everyone else, and the obsessive illogical media are the reasons why you will continually lose to Auburn. As a side note, you will continually lose to other schools, such as Florida, UGA, LSU, UT, because they show through their actions what your biased media in the state tries to portray through hollow words.

Is Bama back? Perhaps not in anyone's preseason ranking or even in the national media. However, around here, fans are upbeat and excited and energized. They feel the Tide turning and the earth moving. Perhaps the surest sign that proves to them that things are slowly returning to normal is this: Auburn fans are saying to anyone who will listen that they aren't worried about Alabama. No, of course not.

However, if you study the rivalry between these two schools, that's like a sonic boom going off in the middle of the night. You better believe they are worried. And they should be ... Bama appears to be back.

What a maroon.

"The way you can tell Auburn people are scared is because they say they aren't."

So what will convince you, Paul, that we really are not phased by any coach you can hire. Saying we're shaking in our boots? Nothing's changing. $aban's not stealing recruits from us, like you seem to think he would. I'm 100% confident that Auburn will continue to make bammer its beyotch for many years to come. So I guess that means I'm terrified. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, until Saban came along, you people (bammers), hated Finebaum. Now, because he is on his knees polishing your knob, he is the greatst thing in the world. The only JOURNALIST with the integrity to tell it like it is. :puke:

Warning to bammers: These things go in cycles. It is only a matter of time before Finebaum bites YOU in the butt.

Need proof: We just finished 11-2, in the top 10, and we are in the process of having a top 10 recruiting class. CTT has won 50 games over the last five years and our win percentage is topped by only Texas and USC. We have one of the top programs in the nation and we are getting stronger every day. Even with all that, Finebaum has turned on Tubs.

you know his sudden change of heart amazes me as well that I m very skeptical about everything that comes out of his mouth even if it's in our favor because the way he flipped his whole attack strategy just amazes me...

Another thing is that during the Finebaum bama hate period, I could recall that the hate was imminsely directed at Shula. He was all over the map when MM gave Shula the vote of confidence. Poor Shula could not catch a break till he's gone and even after, he got blasted by finebaum for even interviewing for the dolphins. "I guess PF wanted shula to sit home and cook instead"

So I guess that it's either that Finebaum likes bama so much that he did not think Shula was the best thing for the program and was not afraid of voicing it. Or he simply prying on the other football program right now that there's not much to talk about Alabama till the new coach starts to suck "in finebaum's eyes" - Judging by how quickly he changed moods, I am sure that he's reserving the whole $32 MM and purple shirt arguments for a merkier day to come and therefore, I can't really trust him. It would be idiotic from his part to attack Saban now that he was calling for Shula's head for the entire past season. Now that he can't use that line of thinking at least for now, he's basically wearing the crimson hat "for sometime"

"We have one of the top programs in the nation and we are getting stronger every day. Even with all that, Finebaum has turned on Tubs."

The thing is, NO, you don't. Even with EVERY imaginable deck stacked in your favor, you couldn't win a Championship. Facts are a stubborn thing. Auburn just gets no respect Nationally. You know it, I know it. It's a fact. Even with Bama being down, the whole sports world was riveted on Bamas coaching search. That says a LOT, like it or not.

The world was so riveted because you're coaching search was so FUBAR'ed. It's kind of like watching a drunk stagger blindly across an interstate, except instead of the wipe out that everyone was expecting he somehow made it to the other side.

He sees the bandwagon heading for a NC and he's jumping on. A lot of people do that.

and when they lose to Vandy in week 2 and begin what will turn into a 5-7 or 6-6 season, he'll be jumping off quicker.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I just posted a link to a newspaper column.

Well, that is not entirely true. You then came back and made some snide commentary after quoting some newspaper column.

You add nothing to the discussion, aside from derogatory comments about Auburn that tends to get some fired up around here, which appears to be your aim.

So, here's to you, Mr. Internet Board Troll. Have another Bud Light, type out some insults to a rival fanbase and watch the angst begin. (Mr. Internet Board Troll......)

He can't afford Bud Light, his drink of choice is Natty Light!

He sees the bandwagon heading for a NC and he's jumping on. A lot of people do that.

And a lot of people do crack, wait I see a connection now.

Well, that is not entirely true. You then came back and made some snide commentary after quoting some newspaper column.

You add nothing to the discussion, aside from derogatory comments about Auburn that tends to get some fired up around here, which appears to be your aim.

So, here's to you, Mr. Internet Board Troll. Have another Bud Light, type out some insults to a rival fanbase and watch the angst begin. (Mr. Internet Board Troll......)

Natty Ice. A 12-pack of that will knock your **** in the dirt! :homer:

Mod: Please don't use that word in reference to body parts. Thanks.

Natty Ice. A 12-pack of that will knock your **** in the dirt! :homer:

Mod: Please don't use that word in reference to body parts. Thanks.

Natty = Mother's Milk

Wanna shut up a Bammer fan? Ask them to spell Tuscaloosa or sing Bammer's fight song.

Hell. Just ask them what a GPA is.

"I know that one," Bubba said. "I just used one of them thangs the other day to help me get out of the woods. I like them thangs."

Wanna shut up a Bammer fan? Ask them to spell Tuscaloosa or sing Bammer's fight song.

"I know that one," Bubba said. "I just used one of them thangs the other day to help me get out of the woods. I like them thangs."

with all due respect, we were not the one with the whole sociology department fiasco ;)

we just like strippers and secretaries

No, Moore wanted Saban from the git go, some influential BOTers wanted RR, or let's just say did NOT want Saban. Moore leaked the RR thingy intentionally to blow the deal. Pretty smart.

BP, do you actually, ACTUALLY, believe ONE WORD of that crap?

Saban was at least #3, no higher, maybe #4 if you count Johnson. The only reason yall got him was because he knew he was a failure in the pros and wanted to go somehwere, anywhere else. if it hadnt been yall, might have been UAB or some other school. He was in way over his head and he knew it. He just wanted out. After starting the season 1-6, he was looking to go anywhere out of Miami.

As for Finebaum, Two things:

1) TOLD YOU SO! :roflol:http://www.aunation.net/archives/38

Now, watch as The Paul Finebaum Show goes all ‘JOX’ FOR Alabama. ‘JOX’ was basically tossing’ Bama’s salad and that was why The Big Show was kicking Paul Finebaum’s rear end. ‘JOX’ has always been Bama’s HOMER station in Birmingham. So listen up folks. If you ever thought PF was pro-Bama before, he will be unrestrained pro-Bama now. Hell, he has even started to refer to the Alabama Crimson Tide as “WE” now!!!

DKW really likes being found to be so right in such a minimal amount of time. :thumbsup:

2) Finebaum is as consistent as the seasons. While he is absolutely "THE Bama bobo honker of all bobo honkers" HE WILL TURN ON SABAN EVENTUALLY. You can almost hear the nails going into Saban's coffin now. Finebaum is setting up the inevitbale fall from grace as we speak. He is setting the standard so high Saban will fail no matter what. Finebaum knows that too. Already Saban is looking a little silly in recruiting. Lord knows the assts coach search didnt go as planned. Not that anyone wearing Crimson will admit it NOW, but we will see later on what they say about it.

with all due respect, we were not the one with the whole sociology department fiasco ;)

and 18 and 19 ACT scores ;)

The Bammers use General Studies in the College of Human Environmental Sciences to keep their dumb players eligible to play football. Santonio Beard, Ahmad Childress, Freddie Roach, Tyrone Prothro, and Simeon Castille are just a few of the dumb players on the Bammers football team who have majored in that subject over the last few years so they could stay eligible to play football.

This article in the Birmingham News shows how the Bammers use General Studies to keep their dumb players eligible to play football.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in...&thispage=1

The Bammers use General Studies in the College of Human Environmental Sciences to keep their dumb players eligible to play football. Santonio Beard, Ahmad Childress, Freddie Roach, Tyrone Prothro, and Simeon Castille are just a few of the dumb players on the Bammers footbal team who have majored in that subject over the last few years so they could stay eligible to play football.

General Studies in the College of Human Environmental=Home Ec :roflol:

Archived