Auburn football

GalensGhost

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote: #26 Teapot Brown

Little FB From Dothan. You've got to like a guy named Teapot.

------------------------------------

The number 26 is singularly underutilized in Auburn history. I nominate Jim Sirmans a DB on the Amazin's.

Shayne Wasden and Tommy Powell both had this number at one time, but made their fame with lower numbers.

#28 Bob Harris

1982 All-American. Had two Interceptions in Auburn's 23-22 victory over UAT in 1982.

#28 - Who else but David Langner, who scored with the two blocked punts?

We seem to be stuck on #29, and I'm drawing a blank, so I'll bump to #30. Tommie Agee!

#29 - Derrick Graves

From Holt, AL (a part of Tuscaloosa). The NCAA denied him eligibility his first season when it determined that a class he took in 9th grade didn't qualify. It did this AFTER he was already at Auburn preparing for his first season. He could have quit, but he battled his way back, stuck with Auburn and eventually made significant contributions on defense in Auburn's 2004 win over Alabama in Tuscaloosa. His story is a great one.

#35 Carlo Cheattom...will always be remembered (at least by me and anyone else who was in Jordan-Hare Stadium on September 24, 1988) for knocking Tennessee's Reggie Cobb senseless on a little flare pass. Cheattom not only flattened Cobb, he recovered the ensuing fumble.

#35 Will Herring LB -

"The move from safety seemed to work for Herring as he led the team in tackles yet again, totaling 66. Add in two interceptions, two pass breakups and 9.5 tackles for a loss, and you have a solid season."

Started 49 games straight!

#36 Reggie Ware

Tough nosed FB out Huntsville's Butler H.S. Ranks #8 all time on the AU career rushing TD list with 23. If I remember correctly I think fought through some severe vision problems too.

#36 Terry Daniel

Earned All-American honors his Jr. year in 1993. Auburn’s all time career leader in punting average.

#39 Kurt Crain

Described by Coach Pat Dye as having

“linebacker personality,” Kurt Crain led

Auburn in tackles in 1986 and 1987,

making the Associated Press All-

America team in 1987. Known for his

kamikaze style, he led the team in interceptions

in 1987 with five. Crain, a

transfer from Memphis State, had 324

tackles during his Auburn career, four

sacks, seven interceptions and three

fumble recoveries. He was a two-time

All-SEC selection in 1986 and 1987 and

was the team’s on-field leader those as well.

#39 Billy Atkins

Was one of the key members of Auburn's 1957 national championship team. He scored the winning td against Miss. St. and his field goal beat GT 3-0.

#40 Tony Richardson

FB from Daleville, AL. Excellent blocker and receiver from the FB position. Also a pretty good runner when called upon. One of the senior leader on Auburn's 1993 11-0 team.

#40 - Billy Kitchens, a halfback on the 1957 NC team, also on the undefeated 1958 team.

#25 - Monk Gafford

1414 career yards, SEC Player of the Year and All American in 1942.

#25 - Roger Mitchell blocked the extra point, and would have blocked one of the punts had Newton not done so, in the 1972 Bama game.

#43 - Alex Lincoln LB

I remember he was considered undersized, but played with heart and used to blow people up.

#43 Scott Etheridge - K

OK. I was waiting on 45 so I could put one of my favorit FSs from the 80s in there. But I'll do

#44 Brandon Johnson

#44 - Lloyd Nix

Integral member of the 1957 Auburn team.

#46 - Craig Stevens

Okay, #46 is hard to come by. Can't find any 46's out there. Moving on.

How about #46 Edward Phillips, a senior ILB on the 1987 team? Hailed from Thomasville.

I seem to remember #47 was Russ Carreker, a big, corn fed linebacker from south Ga back in the eighties.

I will say this is harder than I thought it would be.

#47 - Marcellus Mostella

Recovered a fumble to help save Auburn from a major humiliation at the hands of Bama. Jarret Holmes kicked a field goal, AU won 18-17 and went to the SEC-CG. All was right.

I seem to remember #47 was Russ Carreker, a big, corn fed linebacker from south Ga back in the eighties.

I will say this is harder than I thought it would be.

#47 - Marcellus Mostella

Recovered a fumble to help save Auburn from a major humiliation at the hands of Bama. Jarret Holmes kicked a field goal, AU won 18-17 and went to the SEC-CG. All was right.

I think it was Quinton Reese that recovered the fumble.

#48 Stephen Davis

The #5 all time leading rusher in :au: history. Was first team all :sec: 1994 his Jr. year. One of my favorite all time :au: running backs. (along with many others)

#48 Alvin Mitchell

He didn’t go straight to college after H.S. but walked on at Auburn and later received a scholarship. He was not a full time starter but had several starts at OLB in 1987 and 1988.

#22 - Tre Smith

He will be remembered for the Iron Bowl and also for the TD he scored on the blocked punt against Florida this year. He was also the best punt returner in Auburn history. (Ok, that may be a stretch)

C'mon! 22 Brent Fullwood!

We need a list of all players and their numbers throuout AUs history. Was Harold Morrow or Kevin McCloud # 40 while at AU?

How about Tony Richardson?

#40 Tony Richardson

FB from Daleville, AL. Excellent blocker and receiver from the FB position. Also a pretty good runner when called upon. One of the senior leader on Auburn's 1993 11-0 team.

Ah yes, there he is.

Archived