Auburn football

GalensGhost

#2-Ben Obamanu

Bouncing back from the Ole Miss game 2003, earned him MUCHO RESPECTO from the Rainman camp.

#2 Tim Carter WR

Had a 100-yard return for a touchdown vs. LSU as a junior in 2000

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#6 Lionel James

One of the best running backs to wear the orange and blue, but was overshadowed literally and figuratively by some other guy who will no doubt be named later...

#6 Fred Smith

Scrappy DB that if I’m not mistaken started his entire career. I loved the way he played. May not have received the recognition he deserved playing along side the likes of Chris Shelling, Calvin Jackson, and Brian Robinson.

#8 Cooper Wallace

We can come back to Gabe Gross. I'm still looking for a site that has historical rosters so I can confirm some of the numbers I have in my mind.

Since #7 is retired, I guess we'll go with #8 Shane Wasden.

I'm stumped on #9, so I'm going with Anthony Mix. At one point in his career, he wore #9.

#9 Tommy Powell

All SEC DB for the Tigers in the mid 80's

#10 - Tray Blackmon

Although he has only played 1/2 of a season, I love the guy. If he keeps his nose clean, he may be one of the best we've had.

#10 James Joseph- I couldn't wait to put him in.

#11 Karlos Dansby LB

All-American 2003

#11 Travis Tidwell

“Traveling” Travis was an all-american QB in 1949. He was especially known for his ability to run. Was one of the heroes in Auburn’s 14-13 upset over UAT in 1949. (If any of you own the 100 years DVD you know Mr. Tidwell was a character.)

Since I'm tired of waiting to get to #14

#13 Punter Patrick Martyn, man he looked good on the sideline this year

#13 Clarence Morton

He was a senior DB on Pat Dye's last Auburn team in 1992. I believe he was the cousin of former Auburn FB Tommy Agee. Clarence was killed in an automobile accident on his way to Auburn for the 1993 Iron Bowl.

#14 Randy Campbell

One of my favorite all time Tigers. Led the :au: wishbone attack to the 1983 :sec: championship

#14- Freddy Weygand

Remember: The rule is you have to quote the last time that number was posted when you reply

16 - Daymeune Craig

The best dual threat QB Auburn had until the next guy rolled into town.

#16 Greg Taylor

Sure handed dependable receiver from Opelika that played from 1987-90

17 - Jason Campbell, one of the best comeback stories I've ever seen adn one of the most stand up guys I've seen.

#17 - Reggie Slack

His pass to Shayne Wasden on fourth down to give Auburn a 10-7 win over Emmitt Smith and Florida (and left Smith weeping uncontrollably on the sidelines) is among my favorite AU moments. I got so excited I skidded down the hall of my apartment, tripped over a rug and crashed completely through the wall and into my closet.

#3 - Al DelGreco PK

Won the '84 Sugar Bowl game with his 3 field goals.

#3 - Jim Von Wyl

Another great AU kicker

When did "Jim" play? I recall a pretty good kicker by the name of Wyn Lyle in the late '80s.

#18 Alexander Wright

Receiver with world-class speed. Holds AU record of receiving yards and TDs in a game vs. Pacific in 1989. Had two key long receptions in AU's victory over UAT in 1989.

#18 Phillip Yost K - 2004 Senior Class

#14 Randy Campbell

One of my favorite all time Tigers. Led the :au: wishbone attack to the 1983 :sec: championship

#14- Freddy Weygand

Remember: The rule is you have to quote the last time that number was posted when you reply

To stand behind Freddy and watch him run was a thing of beauty. He was the SMOOTHEST route runner I had ever seen. He just didn't have what it took to buckle down and dedicate himself. He could have easily been another Fred Belitnekof (sp). After he came back from an unofficial suspension?????? he seemed to be just going through the motions. I would have killed to have his route running ability.

Future Star but officially listed on the roster...

#19 Neil Caudle

I can't wait to see who gets 23 tough choice ahead.

#19 - Trey Gainous

Sliding catch against Alabama to keep a drive alive.

For the record? Jim Von Wyl was a kicker from Akron Ohio. Played for three years at Auburn (1989-1991)

#20 Joe Cribbs

Joe Stanier Cribbs (born January 5, 1958 in Sulligent, Alabama) is a retired NFL and USFL football running back. He played collegiately at Auburn University along with future NFL backs William Andrews and James Brooks. He began his professional career in 1980 with the Buffalo Bills.

After being drafted in the second round of the 1980 NFL Draft, Cribbs went on to start all 16 games of his rookie year with Buffalo, finishing with 1185 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. His performance earned him consensus AFC Rookie of the Year honors and a spot in the Pro Bowl, the only rookie chosen as a starter that year. In five seasons with the team, split around a detour with the USFL, Cribbs had 13 100-yard games and ran for 1,000 yards in a season three times.

#20 Damon Duval K - Kicked game winning FG v. #1 Florida on my birthday, October 13, 2001.

ugabitingauburnphoto.jpg

Robert Baker #21

Baker played college football with the Auburn Tigers football team from 1995 to 1996, but was declared academically ineligible to play in 1997. His college career is most remembered by a first quarter touchdown pass he caught against Georgia in 1996. After the touchdown, Baker began celebrating near Georgia mascot, Uga V. The dog lunged at Baker, with the incident now captured in a famous picture.

Also had big games against SPUAT in 95 & 96.

#21 - James Brooks

One of Auburn's best running backs ever.

FWIW? According to what I've found, Robert Baker also wore #18 for part of his Auburn career

#22 - Tre Smith

He will be remembered for the Iron Bowl and also for the TD he scored on the blocked punt against Florida this year. He was also the best punt returner in Auburn history. (Ok, that may be a stretch)

#22 Brent Fullwood

After spending three years in the shadow of Bo Jackson, Brent Fullwood emerged as an all american RB in 1986. Fullwood is the 6th leading rusher in Auburn history and no one in Auburn history (not even Bo Jackson) has a higher average per carry than Fullwood.

#22 - Tre Smith

He will be remembered for the Iron Bowl and also for the TD he scored on the blocked punt against Florida this year. He was also the best punt returner in Auburn history. (Ok, that may be a stretch)

#22 Brent Fullwood

After spending three years in the shadow of Bo Jackson, Brent Fullwood emerged as an all american RB in 1986. Fullwood is the 6th leading rusher in Auburn history and no one in Auburn history (not even Bo Jackson) has a higher average per carry than Fullwood.

Funny Thing about Brent. I don't think I ever saw him practice a lot. He would sit over to the side and ride the stationary bike. He had a tendency to pull hammys. But when he got into the game, there was just no idle on his motor. His legs looked like a cartoon character running.

#22 Tre Smith, what the? How about....I'll wait till the next cycle

24# Well duh, The Caddy. Carnell Williams "Hello, Attalla Alabama!"

#24 Scott Bolton

Archived