Auburn football

GalensGhost

ugabitingauburnphoto.jpg

Robert Baker #21

Baker played college football with the Auburn Tigers football team from 1995 to 1996, but was declared academically ineligible to play in 1997. His college career is most remembered by a first quarter touchdown pass he caught against Georgia in 1996. After the touchdown, Baker began celebrating near Georgia mascot, Uga V. The dog lunged at Baker, with the incident now captured in a famous picture.

Also had big games against SPUAT in 95 & 96.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#22 - Tre Smith

He will be remembered for the Iron Bowl and also for the TD he scored on the blocked punt against Florida this year. He was also the best punt returner in Auburn history. (Ok, that may be a stretch)

22- Tre Smith, he's been much maligned for his fumbling on punts, but his performance in the Iron Bowl was unbelievable.

22- Tre Smith, he's been much maligned for his fumbling on punts, but his performance in the Iron Bowl was unbelievable.

True. Smith was/is a pretty good athlete. My favorite quote on Tre Smith by CTT, "Tre can be running at a full sprint, run under a picnic table and never break stride. He is that quick."

I was thinking of another #22 from the 80s. When we get back around, I'll throw it out there.

#26 - Tucker Frederickson.

Old school. Nothing more needs to be said.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Tucker Frederickson was #20

#26 Teapot Brown

Little FB From Dothan. You've got to like a guy named Teapot.

#27 David King

I don't remember who it was, but he knocked the bejesus out of some guy when AU played Texas. I thought he'd killed him. One of my all time favorite players.

#33 James Bostic

All SEC RB and #10 all time leading rusher in :au: history.

(I wonder who will be next?)

Since #29 was skipped.

#29 Duke Donaldson

WR in the 80’s. Also a good baseball player at :au: . The play of his I most remember was the lateral pass he threw to Lawyer Tillman in the 1988 Sugar Bowl vs. Syracuse

#34 Vincent "Bo" Jackson

The greatest RB to ever grace a football field

Saw a show on Spike TV a week or so ago about Bo. He has to be the most amazing athlete of this century. They interviewed a SS for one of the major league teams (one of the greats, draw blank on his name), he was talking about the first time playing against Bo. THinking what is this football player doing thinking he can play ball in the big leagues? Bo hits a ground ball to him, he fields it cleanly comes up throws to first and Bo beats the throw. He said I just looked over at my coach, who shrugged and said "I told ya." Classic. Talked about his running up the wall. Running over Bosworth. His speed..........4.1 to 4.2 40 time!!! I hope to meet him one day!!!

#35 Carlo Cheattom...will always be remembered (at least by me and anyone else who was in Jordan-Hare Stadium on September 24, 1988) for knocking Tennessee's Reggie Cobb senseless on a little flare pass. Cheattom not only flattened Cobb, he recovered the ensuing fumble.

#36 Reggie Ware

Tough nosed FB out Huntsville's Butler H.S. Ranks #8 all time on the AU career rushing TD list with 23. If I remember correctly I think fought through some severe vision problems too.

37 - John Vaughn, did he ever miss an extra point? Clutch kicker sans the LSU game

37 - John Vaughn, did he ever miss an extra point? Clutch kicker sans the LSU game

I believe he did against Ark. in 2004 but i could be wrong.

#39 Kurt Crain

Described by Coach Pat Dye as having

“linebacker personality,” Kurt Crain led

Auburn in tackles in 1986 and 1987,

making the Associated Press All-

America team in 1987. Known for his

kamikaze style, he led the team in interceptions

in 1987 with five. Crain, a

transfer from Memphis State, had 324

tackles during his Auburn career, four

sacks, seven interceptions and three

fumble recoveries. He was a two-time

All-SEC selection in 1986 and 1987 and

was the team’s on-field leader those as well.

We need a list of all players and their numbers throuout AUs history. Was Harold Morrow or Kevin McCloud # 40 while at AU?

We need a list of all players and their numbers throuout AUs history. Was Harold Morrow or Kevin McCloud # 40 while at AU?

I've been looking for that list. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be available. And my memory isn't so hot anymore.

Anybody know of a list? Of course that would be cheating.

#40 Tony Richardson

FB from Daleville, AL. Excellent blocker and receiver from the FB position. Also a pretty good runner when called upon. One of the senior leader on Auburn's 1993 11-0 team.

Archived