Finebomb

AUdad4kicks

i was insinuating you would fire him for losing to auburn for the next four years in a row, resulting in yet another buyout, which WOULD cost the rest of the money, brainiac.

Yeah...$aban is known for losing at the college level...genius.

stow it, bammer. you got no big talkin rights this season. or have you forgotten...?

i don't care who it is. get ready for some more thumpings.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 or 3 games per year except for 03, yeah.

So are you still going to love him if he says no?

I hope so, because.....well, he is going to say yes. :o

Here's to Auburn only winning 60-70% (down from 100% with Sheila) of future Iron Bowls under CTT with $aban at the Crapstone of Western Vance :(

meanwhile a friend who is a prof at UAH told me the profs at UAT are already up in arms about the salary being offered to $aban, I don't think most bammers have a clue what Moore, the BOTs and other PTB are getting them into. They are mortgaging their souls for the guy, knowing full well most of them won't even be around when he leaves in 3-4 years.

What do they have to bitch about? Oh i know i know...the ~90 million dollars we spent for on campus student housing?

How about the $50 million dollars we just spent to build Shelby Hall (science building)?

Oh oh I know...its the 10 Million we just spent to upgrade Bryant Hall.

Ohhhh maybe its the fact that we JUST put about 50 million into our buisness school facilities in 97-98.

They can bitch all they want. Our facilities are in great shape and most of it is from boosters who give BECAUSE of the football program.

Bottom line, we make 2 BCS bowls over the next 10 years and his contract pays for itself.

Maybe your boss will improve your working conditions this year and forget about your raise......as you seem to be when talking about the profs.

Maybe your boss will improve your working conditions this year and forget about your raise......as you seem to be when talking about the profs.

They just got a raise. That is mandated by the state and the tax payers...not by private boosters who give to the program.

BTW, I am the boss. ;)

I did the exact same thing here at work. I turned him off after hearing, "Oh, you bet that Tuberville and Les Miles and other coaches are...less than pleased with $aban coming....You throw $aban into the mix....oh boy...yeah, they are not happy." And then a few callers said coaches like Tuberville are outright scared. FineSlum is such a joke. He hasn't a clue. Wake up you idiot.

I just don't remember all the weeping and gnashing of teeth when Nick was at LS_who. He'll be competetive in a few years probably...maybe even pull an upset or two, but sheesh, he's not the Savior. Tubby has a winning record against him...by the way. :)

:au::homer:

They just got a raise. That is mandated by the state and the tax payers...not by private boosters who give to the program.

Weren't you using the same argument a few days ago to say UAB should give up its football program.

The tax payers of this state have nothing to do with the athletic program, the BOT (boosters at UAT) make the decisions.

If he's not here for 10 years, then he doesnt cost us 40 million...so they "selling your soul" premise is moot.

Maybe more like $16 million (that's 4 years, for you Bama fans). Plus any buyout.

Weren't you using the same argument a few days ago to say UAB should give up its football program.

The tax payers of this state have nothing to do with the athletic program, the BOT (boosters at UAT) make the decisions.

No...the university of ALABAMA is tired of paying for UABs program. Not the taxpayers. Just like a few years back when UAB's program was in trouble...they had to raise a bunch of private donations.

Unfortunately, not all of those donation commitments were followed through...and Alabama was stuck with the bill.

We are tired of it.

His daughter is looking at going to Bama next year and when I told him of the salary $aban could get...he looked at me and said..."Um, do they expect someone like ME to help pick that up?"

Coaches salary doesnt come from tuition money.

If not from tuition money then where does it come from.......the taxpayers? Whose kids are in school there paying tuition. Regardless, the ones having to fork out the money for tuition are still going to have pony up the money for his outlandish salary.

In regards to the media, if you don't think the Birmingham media and majority of the north AL media are not slanted toward bama, you my friend have your head stuck in the mud.

No...the university of ALABAMA is tired of paying for UABs program. Not the taxpayers. Just like a few years back when UAB's program was in trouble...they had to raise a bunch of private donations.

Unfortunately, not all of those donation commitments were followed through...and Alabama was stuck with the bill.

We are tired of it.

Thus the reason bama, stuck their nose in the UAB coaching search?? Or was that just to make Jimbo was available in case $aban does say yes? Or maybe it was just b/c bama doesn't want to become 3rd in the state behind AU and UAB, oh wait they would have to play UAB for that to happen wouldn't they. :rolleyes:

i was insinuating you would fire him for losing to auburn for the next four years in a row, resulting in yet another buyout, which WOULD cost the rest of the money, brainiac.

I think what he is saying is that (and you HAVE to admit this) Bama isn't going to be patient AT ALL with $aban. For this kind of money, something better happen QUICK. I wouldn't be surprised if the grumbling didn't start if we win the Iron Bowl next year.

You can talk all you want about patience. We heard that when Shula was hired. Wait and see if Bama gets upset by a lesser team next year. When $aban came on at LSU he was a somewhat unknown commodity. He was given a lot of latitude and given time to implement his system. He didn't have "Red Elephants" looking over his shoulder 24/7. You guys have to pay $aban this kind of money because by the end of the first year he will have EARNED every penny.

I think the Bama nation may be in for a disappointment over the next couple of years. Sure, $aban will be successful. He will be successful like Tubs, Richt, Fulmer, Spurrier, Meyer, and Nutt have been successful. No better. The only difference is you will be paying him twice as much for the same results.

The Bama nation ain't gonna have that.

You would think that Don Shula would have had some words of wisdom for $atan before the deal was done.......

I think the Bama nation may be in for a disappointment over the next couple of years. Sure, $aban will be successful. He will be successful like Tubs, Richt, Fulmer, Spurrier, Meyer, and Nutt have been successful. No better. The only difference is you will be paying him twice as much for the same results.

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!! Same success, twice the price, quadruple the expections, and zero patience! What a combination!

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!! Same success, twice the price, quadruple the expections, and zero patience! What a combination!

Its bammer football

We are tired of it.

If :ua: was truely as tired of "paying for UAB's program" as they say they are, why are the goobers in charge in turdtown so possessed with sabotaging any attempt by the Blazers to put a winning product on the field that would pay for itself? Seems to me that :ua: would want to rid themselves of that unneccessary payment, especially now that they have taken on quite a substantial debt.

I guarantee you that if UAB had a consistent 7-8 win ball team, they would be paying their own way. The cut throat mafia over in Tuscaloser won't stand for that. It's time for the Blazers to cut their ties with that school down I-59/20 and establish themselves as Birmingham University.

We are tired of it.

If :ua: was truely as tired of "paying for UAB's program" as they say they are, why are the goobers in charge in turdtown so possessed with sabotaging any attempt by the Blazers to put a winning product on the field that would pay for itself? Seems to me that :ua: would want to rid themselves of that unneccessary payment, especially now that they have taken on quite a substantial debt.

I guarantee you that if UAB had a consistent 7-8 win ball team, they would be paying their own way. The cut throat mafia over in Tuscaloser won't stand for that. It's time for the Blazers to cut their ties with that school down I-59/20 and establish themselves as Birmingham University.

I like the sound of birmingham university

That's what doesn't add up....they say they are tired of footing the bill. It's all just another BS bammer myth and lie. They don't want UAB to succeed because they are afraid of what a successful UAB program would mean. More people rooting for UAB means less people buying cheap looking :ua: merchandise at their local Walmart.

If :ua: is as fed up with paying for the Blazer program, help them become self sufficient and quit meddling in their business. I think UAB is quite capable of running their own athletic program, and would do it more efficiently than having that pack of circus clowns over in turdtown doing it. I wouldn't want that pack of idiots running a lemonade stand for me.

BTW, I am the boss. ;)

BG, if you were half as informed of the education system and its funding in Alabama as you think you are, then you would realize that state employees don't always get those cost of living raises. Proration has gripped this state too many times in recent history. Alabama is in debt to its eyeballs. And Alabama isn't known nationally as being a program that is extremely profitable. I do think its irresponsible how much coaches are being paid, ours included.

I know many great high school coaches that have made great sacrifices to coach just for the sake of coaching. They struggle to make ends meet as the primary breadwinner and we've got some buffoon that writes a book on character and then lies through his teeth making 10 times in a month what a high school teacher will make in a year. And just because you can do something doesn't mean its right.

BTW, I am the boss. ;)

BG, if you were half as informed of the education system and its funding in Alabama as you think you are, then you would realize that state employees don't always get those cost of living raises. Proration has gripped this state too many times in recent history. Alabama is in debt to its eyeballs. And Alabama isn't known nationally as being a program that is extremely profitable. I do think its irresponsible how much coaches are being paid, ours included.

I know many great high school coaches that have made great sacrifices to coach just for the sake of coaching. They struggle to make ends meet as the primary breadwinner and we've got some buffoon that writes a book on character and then lies through his teeth making 10 times in a month what a high school teacher will make in a year. And just because you can do something doesn't mean its right.

from what i understand, only 5% of the whole $32 million deal is being footed by the university. all the rest is being paid by private donations, etc. and with the athletic dept making a net profit of what around $20 million a year (which a portion of that net profit is sent to the general fund every year), yeah, i think they can afford it. AU's athletic dept makes a net profit of what, $2 million a year? so at least you think its irresponsible, and i just gave you another reason as to why.

I find it hard to believe there is that much of a difference between the profit the Bammer athletic department makes and the profit the Auburn athletic department makes. Do you have any evidence to prove the figures you gave are true? Or are you making ignorant statements without any proof like most Bammer do?

BTW, I am the boss. ;)

from what i understand, only 5% of the whole $32 million deal is being footed by the university. all the rest is being paid by private donations, etc. and with the athletic dept making a net profit of what around $20 million a year (which a portion of that net profit is sent to the general fund every year), yeah, i think they can afford it. AU's athletic dept makes a net profit of what, $2 million a year? so at least you think its irresponsible, and i just gave you another reason as to why.

Ah, no. "What you understand" is very wrong. $2.0M profit? Don't be foolish.

If you want to see the value of top NCAA football teams, go to

http://www.forbes.com/business/2006/12/22/...gefootball.html

You will note that even though uat takes in more money than Auburn, Auburn contributes 50% more to the university than bama does to uat. ($1.5M vs. $1.0M)

There's actuallly a pretty good article on the front page of today's USA Today about OSU's AD and the money they make. When you consider that they only bring in about 60 mil a year total with a stadium thats over 10k seats larger and consistent quality bowl berths. So you gotta figure Bama brings in less than that. So figuring that, then $aban is more than 1/15 of alabamas total budget. Thats a huge percentage going to your CEO.

I think what he is saying is that (and you HAVE to admit this) Bama isn't going to be patient AT ALL with $aban. For this kind of money, something better happen QUICK. I wouldn't be surprised if the grumbling didn't start if we win the Iron Bowl next year.

You can talk all you want about patience. We heard that when Shula was hired. Wait and see if Bama gets upset by a lesser team next year. When $aban came on at LSU he was a somewhat unknown commodity. He was given a lot of latitude and given time to implement his system. He didn't have "Red Elephants" looking over his shoulder 24/7. You guys have to pay $aban this kind of money because by the end of the first year he will have EARNED every penny.

Patience never happens even when people say they will be patient.

It's always easy to say you dont mind an 8-9 win year but when you lose those 3-4 games....people bitch/complain

There's actuallly a pretty good article on the front page of today's USA Today about OSU's AD and the money they make. When you consider that they only bring in about 60 mil a year total with a stadium thats over 10k seats larger and consistent quality bowl berths. So you gotta figure Bama brings in less than that. So figuring that, then $aban is more than 1/15 of alabamas total budget. Thats a huge percentage going to your CEO.

Bama made 70 mill last year.

We sell more merchandise than OU.

OU's stadium holds 102k?

Archived