Finebomb

AUdad4kicks

I turned on my computer to listen to Finebomb in my office and after 1 min its off. Has his whole show been this way? I guess with $aban coming to uat they will now next year win the SECCG and the NC.

Wait, $aban hasn't said he's coming. The bammers are just too predictable and so much fun to watch. If $aban doesn't come Bryce's will be overflowing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the exact same thing here at work. I turned him off after hearing, "Oh, you bet that Tuberville and Les Miles and other coaches are...less than pleased with $aban coming....You throw $aban into the mix....oh boy...yeah, they are not happy." And then a few callers said coaches like Tuberville are outright scared. FineSlum is such a joke. He hasn't a clue. Wake up you idiot.

So what all is he saying? I thought about listening to him, but I figure he has nothing to say that I have not already heard or that has been discussed on this board.

Today when I woke up, he was on the Birmingham FOX affiliate, and for some reason Mike that used to be on Fox & Friends with Mike & Juliette on Fox News was guest hosting.

Anyway, Mike was talking about how Auburn won their bowl game yesterday, and Slimebomb chuckled "Yeah, funny Auburn can go 11-2 and no one cares. We're far more concerned with the Alabama coaching situation, even though they went 6-7. That's the way it is in Alabama. All anyone cares about is Alabama football. Bama's basketball team just beat Oklahoma last night, which is pretty huge, but we're not talking about it because this state is football-centric. Primarily Alabama football."

And Mike is all like "Oh, I didn't realize that. Interesting."

:puke::angryfire::banghead:

I wanted to scream at him. Just because the moronic press in Bammerham is obsessed with Bama, doesn't mean the majority of the state of Alabama is brainwashed by your biased coverage.

So what all is he saying? I thought about listening to him, but I figure he has nothing to say that I have not already heard or that has been discussed on this board.

He has just been pumping $aban up to the Bammers its been a horrible show of speculation

Mainly attitude. He said that $aban would come in and beat LSU then Miles would be done. The caller was regurgitating something about how great the talent is at uat and with a $aban staff they woul beat the rest of the SEC blah blah blah...

So, in other words the same old crap as usual on his show. I had a feeling I would be wasting electricity by listening to him.

So, in other words the same old crap as usual on his show. I had a feeling I would be wasting electricity by listening to him.

Thats why I turned it off!!!!

why do the radio guru's not recognize how many more people would listen to a balanced sports radio program? when hosts like PF lean too far to one side they loose listeners like me. guess i don't count much...?!

For the record, last year after Alabama won the cotton bowl...if CTT had left AU and the Tigers were going after $aban, it would be a bigger story than our 10-2 year.

So please dont make it out to be some biased media crap.

PF is an equal opportunity hater.

I totally agree Bama Grad...Let's face it, hiring a new coach at Bama is the hot topic right now. I personally can't wait to see how he ($aban) recruits in Alabama, especially when he has to share with so many...not so in La. LSU is pretty much it...only time will tell. I still think it is kind of sad that a GREAT TRADITION filled school like Bama would have to pay a coach 4 million just to come..and that he would have to take extra time to think about it......you would think they would be standing in line.... <_<:big::poke:

WDE

Karen :au:

I hereby concede this season's Spinmeister's NC to bama, hands down. No matter what direction the wind blows they are rationalizing it at every turn. If $aban even hints he isn't coming, they immediately say they don't want the SOB, if he acts like he is coming, they have orgasms and say their their savior is on the way.

meanwhile a friend who is a prof at UAH told me the profs at UAT are already up in arms about the salary being offered to $aban, I don't think most bammers have a clue what Moore, the BOTs and other PTB are getting them into. They are mortgaging their souls for the guy, knowing full well most of them won't even be around when he leaves in 3-4 years.

You all know I'm not bama but this is truly a sad, sordid affair.

meanwhile a friend who is a prof at UAH told me the profs at UAT are already up in arms about the salary being offered to $aban, I don't think most bammers have a clue what Moore, the BOTs and other PTB are getting them into. They are mortgaging their souls for the guy, knowing full well most of them won't even be around when he leaves in 3-4 years.

What do they have to bitch about? Oh i know i know...the ~90 million dollars we spent for on campus student housing?

How about the $50 million dollars we just spent to build Shelby Hall (science building)?

Oh oh I know...its the 10 Million we just spent to upgrade Bryant Hall.

Ohhhh maybe its the fact that we JUST put about 50 million into our buisness school facilities in 97-98.

They can bitch all they want. Our facilities are in great shape and most of it is from boosters who give BECAUSE of the football program.

Bottom line, we make 2 BCS bowls over the next 10 years and his contract pays for itself.

Bama will be the death of college football, with the new congress in town -this salary stupidity will bring the tax exempt status into question--goodbye to bigtime college football thanks to BAMA. i guess if you can't compete just bring the rest of them all down with you

What do they have to bitch about? Oh i know i know...the ~90 million dollars we spent for on campus student housing?

How about the $50 million dollars we just spent to build Shelby Hall (science building)?

Ohhhh maybe its the fact that we JUST put about 50 million into our buisness school facilities in 97-98.

They can bitch all they want. Our facilities are in great shape and most of it is from boosters who give BECAUSE of the football program.

Bottom line, we make 2 BCS bowls over the next 10 years and his contract pays for itself.

what in God's name makes you think he'd make it 10 years?

what in God's name makes you think he'd make it 10 years?

More than that, what makes you think he'll be there in 10 years?

Yeah, maybe so, but did the professors get raises? Facilities are great but you have to have people to teach and work in them. As a public school teacher, I am appalled at the money they are planning on offering him. I am pretty sure most of it will come from Boosters. But if UA or any college in Alabama can afford to pay their coaches so well, they must not need the tax money we have to all share. Just my 2 cents! (all I can afford)

I hereby concede this season's Spinmeister's NC to bama, hands down. No matter what direction the wind blows they are rationalizing it at every turn. If $aban even hints he isn't coming, they immediately say they don't want the SOB, if he acts like he is coming, they have orgasms and say their their savior is on the way.

You all know I'm not bama but this is truly a sad, sordid affair.

It's really funny that you say that, PT.

I had dinner with an uncle of mine tonight who just got back from his 2nd tour in Iraq.

His daughter is looking at going to Bama next year and when I told him of the salary Saban could get...he looked at me and said..."Um, do they expect someone like ME to help pick that up?"

I told him no but it was just funny to me to hear regular parents voicing their concern about that

Finebaum was practically guaranteeing the MNC next year today. He was running CTT into the ground as per usual. "Saint Nick will IMMEDIATELY get them into the BCS NEXT year and win them 3 MNCs in the next 5 as per Joe Scarborough." or there abouts... :lol:

I am not wagering cash, but CNS has been the consumate mercenary. He is another Parcells or Jimmy Johnson. He is loyal to nothing but his bank account and could not care less about tradition, fans, history, etc. When he left MSU ZERO assts came with him. When he went to Miami, almost no one went with him. There will be even fewer staying with him as he goes to bama.

If after listening to every coach in the SEC replay CNSs denials about coming to Alabama over and over again, the parents of recruits in the future actually think their son will see CNS coaching their son his senior season, they are stupid. $aban has had 3 jobs in 4 years with this one. He is the PERFECT MATCH for uat.

Leaopards dont change their spots.

His daughter is looking at going to Bama next year and when I told him of the salary $aban could get...he looked at me and said..."Um, do they expect someone like ME to help pick that up?"

Coaches salary doesnt come from tuition money.

I know that, BG. But my point was, a lot of parents dont know that....wasnt mocking Bama...just saying some parents will see Sabans salary and wonder if they are paying it

If he's not here for 10 years, then he doesnt cost us 40 million...so they "selling your soul" premise is moot.

i was insinuating you would fire him for losing to auburn for the next four years in a row, resulting in yet another buyout, which WOULD cost the rest of the money, brainiac.

i was insinuating you would fire him for losing to auburn for the next four years in a row, resulting in yet another buyout, which WOULD cost the rest of the money, brainiac.

Yeah...$aban is known for losing at the college level...genius.

Archived