Little Bear

WAR-MATT

Poor Bammers.

Nah just kidding, I'm loving it.

In 1989 Bryant was quoted in Esquire as describing the clientele at his Alabama dog track as "a low-class, low-income crowd ... generally your lower class of blacks, your welfare blacks, you want 'em to have enough room to get in and out, but at the same time you want to get as many in as possible."

Lil' Bear

He's referring to Greenetrack and everything in that remark is pretty much true, so what's your point?

the point is that bama has a racist jackass of a trustee who thinks his sh#t doesn't stink. And this trustee holds a ton of power within the program and thats the majority of the problem with the program right now. Wow with comments like that you sound as racist as he is.

As much as I enjoy seeing the national media pound on UAT, Gregg Doyle is not a journalist, he is rather just a flamer. He digs up some old facts that most of the state has already forgotten.

He's a Civil War buff who has been a ranking member of the controversial Sons of Confederate Veterans, which "is dedicated to the promotion of traditional Southern ideals ... to hold in perpetual remembrance all that was great and good.

The SCVs are practically a bunch of neo-nazis skinheads. Ooohhh, they are such a scary bunch of rasicts and anarchists. PB Jr, must be rasict. ;) Grow up Doyle, it is obvious you have never met anybody in the SCV and are totatly trying to flame the rest of the country against UAT and Bryant Jr.

He's referring to Greenetrack and everything in that remark is pretty much true, so what's your point?

The point is as an Auburn fan I enjoy it when anyone in the national press writes a story slamming you. We all know anytime the UA (NY) Times writes an article on us it's all over your message boards with all kinds of crazy innuendos. THAT"S MY POINT TURD.

Poor Bammers.

Nah just kidding, I'm loving it.

In 1989 Bryant was quoted in Esquire as describing the clientele at his Alabama dog track as "a low-class, low-income crowd ... generally your lower class of blacks, your welfare blacks, you want 'em to have enough room to get in and out, but at the same time you want to get as many in as possible."

Lil' Bear

That article was a hoot! One statement that I especially liked, and seems to be coming true

"Bear Bryant Sr. built the Crimson Tide into the South's most fearsome franchise, and if his boy tears it all the way down, well, there is symmetry in that. "

I don't think the comment was particularly racist, but I do think it's pretty sad that he came out and said he tries to take advantage of poor black people. He may not be a racist but that comment shows he has pretty poor character. No one with high moral standards would say that, much less run a dog track that's shut down because of abuse.

I'm really glad to see that bama is finally being exposed after all we went through - Jetgate, SACS, New York Times article, etc. Sure we have our flaws, as most big schools do, but it puts a smile on my face to have the national media finally figuring out what bama has been about all these years.

... it's pretty sad that he came out and said he tries to take advantage of poor black people. He may not be a racist but that comment shows he has pretty poor character. No one with high moral standards would say that, much less run a dog track that's shut down because of abuse.

My thoughts exactly. Those more fortunate should endeavor to help the least among us, not exploit them. I wonder if PB Jr is a "church goin' man".

Taking advantage of ignorant people is the main problem I see with PB jr. The problem I have with the article is that it is a slam on all traditional Southerners. We have been undergoing steady brainwashing for 50 years. I consider that to be more of a problem than anything Bama. A Bama fan is someone who roots for a Univ. sports team, and although we might poke fun of them, it doesn't reveal anything about someone's character.

Archived