Tristan Davis

AUdad4kicks

Amazing how much this guy is standing on the sidelines and not being put in to touch the ball at least a few times on offense. Shoot, even put him in for some direct snaps, or reverses, or wide receiver screens; the defense would have some serious adjustments to make. I don't think that Florida freshman receiver is any more talented running the ball, and look what Meyer has done with him this year...

I think T.D. has had every chance to become more of a starting role than some realize. From what I hear, Kenny, Lester (although he wont be playing in Dallas), Tate, Stewart, and Smith are much more further along in terms of assignment football on offense. These other players have just made more of their chance in practice on offense.

If the coaches think that Davis has more of an instinct on defense to make ints, big hits, and to have the speed on that side of the ball then I agree. We already have a boatload of talent at RB... Now if we were really hurting in that dept. I would be on the same page as you guys.

I agree with vat on this one. I think we NEED him more at DB. We are not as stacked at that position and do not need to risk getting him hurt at the RB position.

Got a ? for Stat... Who is the career leading kickoff returner in Auburn history, and does Tristan have a shot at it?

Got a ? for Stat... Who is the career leading kickoff returner in Auburn history, and does Tristan have a shot at it?

The career leader in total yardage is James Brooks with 1726 yards on 68 returns (25.38 ypr also the school record for a career with more than 25 returns) link

Tristan is currently at 26.4 ypr on 27 returns which would be a team record on a season for a player with at least 20 returns (Markeith Cooper with 23.9). He would also probably break the record for ypr with at least 30 returns if he get three shots at it in the bowl game (Terry Beasley at 20.2).

Tristan had no returns last year. With 713 yards this year and 1013 to go he could easily break the record. Of course the stingier that Auburn's defense is the fewer chances he gets. ;)

The stats that I'm quoting are from the Auburn media guide and from the stats page on AuburnTigers.com

I think T.D. has had every chance to become more of a starting role than some realize. From what I hear, Kenny, Lester (although he wont be playing in Dallas), Tate, Stewart, and Smith are much more further along in terms of assignment football on offense. These other players have just made more of their chance in practice on offense.

If the coaches think that Davis has more of an instinct on defense to make ints, big hits, and to have the speed on that side of the ball then I agree. We already have a boatload of talent at RB... Now if we were really hurting in that dept. I would be on the same page as you guys.

I agree with you 100%. He needs to be at DB.

I'm talking about spot roles (reverses, etc...) I know that isn't exactly AB's offense, but if it gets a play maker the ball why not? We didn't have many of those (play makers) this year due to injuries and graduation. I'm not trying to be critical, its just a thought. Isn't that the role that Mario is being talked about for?

Archived