Thumbtastic!

boddatiger99

Ok, yes, I'm pumped. Ok, that's an understatement...way to go AU!

War Eagle!

But not so fast my friend. I just want to make a quick point: What a sloppy game. Yeah, yeah, I know...we'll take the win. Ok, agreed. But dudes and dudettes - what gives? Why was this Iron Bowl the "Who can coach the worst?" game or maybe, "Who can make the most mistakes?" game? My main concern was the MULTIPLE times I had to stare at the TV and quietly think, "Did that just happen? Did we just really make that call? Are we getting outcoached by...gulp...Shula?!?!?"

Ok, I'll shutup and enjoy this 5th straight over Bama and look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas with "that side" of the family that we don't talk about (bammers). But, two bonehead moves stick out:

1. Tommy going for the 53 yard field goal when we SHOULD have punted and pinned them deep and let our D force another turnover.

2. Muschamp doing some kind of all out blitz when it is 3rd and 10, right before the half. (CTT chewed him out for that by the way.)

Am I out of line here? Why do I feel like our coaches are the reason it was a close game?

Oh well, War Eagle and :thumbsup:

War Eagle!

But not so fast my friend. I just want to make a quick point: What a sloppy game. Yeah, yeah, I know...we'll take the win. Ok, agreed. But dudes and dudettes - what gives? Why was this Iron Bowl the "Who can coach the worst?" game or maybe, "Who can make the most mistakes?" game? My main concern was the MULTIPLE times I had to stare at the TV and quietly think, "Did that just happen? Did we just really make that call? Are we getting outcoached by...gulp...Shula?!?!?"

Ok, I'll shutup and enjoy this 5th straight over Bama and look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas with "that side" of the family that we don't talk about (bammers). But, two bonehead moves stick out:

1. Tommy going for the 53 yard field goal when we SHOULD have punted and pinned them deep and let our D force another turnover.

2. Muschamp doing some kind of all out blitz when it is 3rd and 10, right before the half. (CTT chewed him out for that by the way.)

Am I out of line here? Why do I feel like our coaches are the reason it was a close game?

In no way, shape, or form were we outcoached by Shula. I mean, going for a field goal on 4th and 2 on the 2 yard line. Then, to go for a touchdown when they were 4th and 15 (I think they were about on the 30 - well within field goal range).

War Eagle!

Dude... That was thumbapalooza! :thumbsup:

Yeah, there was some questionable play calling but overall the coaches did a good job. I was really worried going into this game with all the hype surrounding it. Bama has some playmakers. Congrats to the players and coaches! War Eagle!! :cheer:

War Eagle!

In no way, shape, or form were we outcoached by Shula. I mean, going for a field goal on 4th and 2 on the 2 yard line. Then, to go for a touchdown when they were 4th and 15 (I think they were about on the 30 - well within field goal range).

War Eagle!

Not saying we were outcoached! Maybe I did a poor job of explaining what I'm thinking. Just saying there were moments during the game I thought, "What the heck?" You're right. I guess the two examples I gave are NOTHING when compared to Shula's decision making.

I don't think our coaching was much of a factor. We just kept shooting ourselves in the foot, and therefore could never maintain momentum. Really, neither team could maintain momentum for long, but I felt Auburn had the chance several times to nail the coffin. Dumb penalties, botched plays, soft coverage, and questionable checkoffs is what held us back and kept us from sealing the deal early on. We did make the plays we needed to though, and came up with the stops defensively.

. Muschamp doing some kind of all out blitz when it is 3rd and 10, right before the half. (CTT chewed him out for that by the way.)

Saw something like that vs uga, when we left the middle WIDE open. Easy 6 pts. Again. You'd think coaches might learn from their mistakes. Maybe CWM needs someone in the film room to help point these things out to him.

i liked the call for the field goal. if he hits it, the game's all but over. plus, he's made two kicks of 50+ this season, one of which was 55 yards out (this one was 53). tubby was coaching to win the game, and i respect him for it. it's the exact same as throwing the ball twice in a row from your own one yard line. if it doesn't work and we have to punt from the endzone, people would've flipped, but it was the gutsy/right call. the field goal was too. just b/c gary danielson doesn't like doesn't make it wrong.

the blitz was stupid, and it was called such almost immediately afterward. people make mistakes. this might have been muschamp's best called game since lsu. i'll take it.

i liked the call for the field goal. if he hits it, the game's all but over. plus, he's made two kicks of 50+ this season, one of which was 55 yards out (this one was 53). tubby was coaching to win the game, and i respect him for it. it's the exact same as throwing the ball twice in a row from your own one yard line. if it doesn't work and we have to punt from the endzone, people would've flipped, but it was the gutsy/right call. the field goal was too. just b/c gary danielson doesn't like doesn't make it wrong.

the blitz was stupid, and it was called such almost immediately afterward. people make mistakes. this might have been muschamp's best called game since lsu. i'll take it.

I agree.

WHY does Tommy keep on taking the blame for the `stupid call'(post game comments)??? Does he make some of the defensive calls? :(

He's the head coach. He's the one that is ultimately responsible, right?

WHY does Tommy keep on taking the blame for the `stupid call'(post game comments)??? Does he make some of the defensive calls? :(

I thought it was sort-of crazy for him to say it was his bad call on that blitz b4 half. Clearly it wasn't, he wasn't yelling at himself when the camera went over after the play. Anyways, yes he is responsible, but I would have rather him said that was a bad call instead of saying it was a bad call on my part, clearly it wasn't. :thumbsup:

I thought it was sort-of crazy for him to say it was his bad call on that blitz b4 half. Clearly it wasn't, he wasn't yelling at himself when the camera went over after the play. Anyways, yes he is responsible, but I would have rather him said that was a bad call instead of saying it was a bad call on my part, clearly it wasn't. :thumbsup:

So, which is more acceptable to you and Okie; take the blame in public (as the boss should do) or rat out his assistants?

Every management book I've read says Tom Thumb did the right thing.

So, which is more acceptable to you and Okie; take the blame in public (as the boss should do) or rat out his assistants?

Every management book I've read says Tom Thumb did the right thing.

What is more acceptable to me, is just what you quoted.

Archived