Imagine trying to beat this train at the crossing

Tiger in Spain

Japan's Maglev Train Sets Speed Record

TOKYO - A magnetically levitated Japanese train raced to a new record Tuesday, topping its own record set just last month.

The experimental maglev set the world's top speed for a train, clocking 361 mph in a test run in Yamanashi Prefecture (state), west of Tokyo, Central Japan Railway Co., which is carrying out the experiments, said in a statement.

Maglev trains differ from conventional trains in that magnets lift them slightly off the track, eliminating speed-reducing friction and reducing noise.

The maglev is part of a government-financed project to develop faster trains for a country that is already home to some of the world's speediest. Central Japan Railway Co., part of the former state-run railway, is jointly developing the maglev with Japan's Railway Technology Research Institute.

Germany has developed a maglev train, and the United States also is planning one.

Yahoo

Just think about the mess it would make if it de-railed or I guess a better term would be de-magnitized. Can you say ouch? Actually, I don't think you would be able to say anything :lol: . That is an incredible speed! At least you would not have to sit long at a railroad crossing.

WE, being the bright americans that we are, would not want to discriminate and leave any small town out of the loop. Therefore, in a 100 mile stretch, we would have 50 stops. Thereby negating the speed.

Japan's Maglev Train Sets Speed Record

TOKYO - A magnetically levitated Japanese train raced to a new record Tuesday, topping its own record set just last month.

The experimental maglev set the world's top speed for a train, clocking 361 mph in a test run in Yamanashi Prefecture (state), west of Tokyo, Central Japan Railway Co., which is carrying out the experiments, said in a statement.

I think I could take it out of the hole in either one of my "Stangs!! ;)

WE, being the bright americans that we are, would not want to discriminate and leave any small town out of the loop. Therefore, in a 100 mile stretch, we would have 50 stops. Thereby negating the speed.

:lol::lol::lol: Exactly!

DB, if you Mustangs that can run with that train then you are playing with death my friend. :lol:

DB, if you Mustangs that can run with that train then you are playing with death my friend. :lol:

Oh, I'm sure he'd take me top end but it'd take even a train that cans run speeds like that a little time to get that much weight up to speed. FWIW, my Mustangs run faster than I care to run. I'm not as young as I once was and mortality crosses my mind when I get past about 80, especially when you have nothing but a light metal frame and a heavy cloth for protection if you flip 'em.

Oh, I'm sure he'd take me top end but it'd take even a train that cans run speeds like that a little time to get that much weight up to speed. FWIW, my Mustangs run faster than I care to run. I'm not as young as I once was and mortality crosses my mind when I get past about 80, especially when you have nothing but a light metal frame and a heavy cloth for protection if you flip 'em.

yea, you could might take him between two lines for a mile or less, but what I understand about those trains, they don't take nearly as long to get up to speed as their old counterparts, so it would be close.

I had to give up the sportscars a few years ago when my second child was born. I still have a Jeep for pulling the boat and hauling, but I have to drive an cavalier now to work. :(

yea, you could might take him between two lines for a mile or less, but what I understand about those trains, they don't take nearly as long to get up to speed as their old counterparts, so it would be close.

I had to give up the sportscars a few years ago when my second child was born. I still have a Jeep for pulling the boat and hauling, but I have to drive an cavalier now to work. :(

Yeah, I had to give up my sports cars when the children came along, too. However, I never gave up the passion for them. The kids have their licenses now and always take their own vehicles whenever we go anywhere, so I get to indulge my passion again. Anyway, we still have the wife's TrailBlazer if we do need to tow the kids.

Archived