AU Majorettes

1986AUALUM

If kids are coming to school because of how our majorettes look, we have bigger problems.

I think if the football teams wanted them to come out in Stanley McClover style dreds next week, a few girls would be looking into hair extentions about Tuesday.

No, no, TM, they look fine. It's just those darned boots they wear. They shouldn't wear the eggshell boots with the four inch heel, they should wear the white boots with the three inch heel.

And those silly hair buns. Dammit. I spoke with 23 recruits and 18 of them said they were ruling Auburn out because the majorettes had their hair in a BUN. A bun, dammit. Don't they know that after TigerWalk and the weight room, the first thing recruits look at is majorette hairstyle? And we BLEW it with those buns. Recuits don't like buns, TM. They don't like them at all. Their mothers don't like buns either. That may even cost us a few of the current commits.

Don't tell anybody, but I talked to a couple of the current players. They told me that if they see one more bun or if the girls are wearing the wrong boots next week they're not coming out of the tunnel. One of the offensive linemen (I don't want to say his name) said he'd be counting sequins and he'd damm well better get to 1500 on the first majorette he saw or he was going into the stands.

Good grief, TM, don't they know anything? On the second Saturday in October, hair should be worn in a half pony-tail or falling to the shoulders. I heard one of those girls even refused to wear sprunch spray. She should be kicked off the squad immediately. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galen, TM, Logger, and Ranger......I just wrote you guys into my will.

Good stuff!

Well, I don't think my comments could quite be characterized as "yowling". It was just an opinion. And, if you actually read my comments, you might notice that I already said that these girls deserved better. But when AU athletic recruiters call the athletic department complaining about the look of the AU majorettes and how it's hurting recruiting, and the AU athletic department is concerned enough to check into it, then it becomes a football issue.

How do you know these girls deserve better? I haven't heard of any of them storming the castle in protest. Do you feel that there are not enough ways today to get the word out about needless oppression? Maybe we should alert Fox and CNN to remove some of their resources from North Korea and get them to the pregame and halftime show to deal with the breaking bun situation.

Who Cares!!!!!!!!

40-something year old former majorettes with Desperate Housewives syndrome.

Who Cares!!!!!!!!

Now now TIS.....If she looks like Terry Hatcher there may be some room for discussion. :big:

Didn't say it was necessarily a bad thing. I just happen to think there is a neighborhood somewhere that is in dire need of a fetching young "handyman", or at least a soon to be retired man of the sea.

I don't know guys. I heard that the only reason Enrique Davis committed to Auburn before the game was from seeing the buns during the pregame show.

WAR DAMN HAIR BUNS.

Apparently all these problems with the buns escaped my attention. I have to admit though upon reflection I don't think we should continue to let these poor young ladies put buns in their hair.

cinnamonroll.gif

I bet that glaze is hard to comb out.

Yeah, I did it. I opened up the door.

I don't know guys. I heard that the only reason Enrique Davis committed to Auburn before the game was from seeing the buns during the pregame show.

WAR DAMN HAIR BUNS.

Are you sure it was the Hair Buns? or some other variety? :roflol:

I agree wholeheartedly. I brought this topic up before as well!!! Those girls out there now look RIDICULOUS!!! The old Auburn majorettes had a classic look.... Why get rid of that???

Because it is just that "Old", get with the times, things change and so do majorettes. See posts on other thread on this site. Some people need to get a life and leave the band alone. As I told that person in another post, donate a few million to the band and they can get more uniforms and maybe do some more stuff. Quit complaining. The girls are happy and get along as part of one big group, THE BAND!!! If it wasn't for the band, there wouldn't be any majorettes anyway.

What in the world has happened to the AU Majorettes? They've been blended into the flag girls and dancers with their hair buns and polyester uniforms. The AU Majorettes have traditionally been the most striking and glamorous girls in the SEC, if not the whole NCAA. And now they have to wear their hair in a bun? They wear long sleeve dresses with zippers up the front? That is not the look of an Auburn majorette. That is not the look of Auburn University. Where are their sequins? Where are their white boots? You can't even pick them out of a crowd anymore. It's not that we don't love flag girls and dancers, but come on. Majorettes have worked years to perfect their talent of TWIRLING. Now they have to twirl flags (which is pretty hard to do if someone forgets to put out your flag, i.e. Arkansas game) and shake pom poms. How is shaking pom poms elevating your skills? These girls have worked hard to get to this level and it is a shame to hide their beauty behind weird, glittery makeup and Lord of the Dance dresses. And they are too talented to have to drop their batons just to pick up a pom pom because everybody else is. These girls deserve better than that and so does Auburn University.

Lady, the first time one of these girls catches a touchdown pass or sacks the opposing quarterback, I'll issue my opinion on what kind of boots they wear and how their hair is done. Until then, this is a football forum.

As the father of two girls, both of whom hope to one day be a part of that glorious band, why don't you just knock it off? Those girls deserve better than your yowling and so does Auburn University.

Well, I don't know, but I don't think the opinion I expressed was quite "yowling". It was just an opinion and I thought a fairly well articulated one. And if you read my comments closely, you might notice that I already said that these girls deserve better. But when AU football recruiters start calling the AU athletic department to complain about how bad the AU majorettes look and how it's hurting recruiting, and when the athletic department is concerned enough to look into it, then it becomes a football issue.

That is a crock! I am sure that all those boys in the end zone (with such a good view of the majorettes) sit on pins and needles because they want to see the majorettes so they can committ to Auburn. They are only coming because of the majorettes who they will never meet or see again (halftime in the locker room) You are stirring this stuff up and you need to leave it alone. Let the band directors do their job. Donate to the band instead of the football team, maybe with a little more money, everyone can wear the same uniform in the band. The majorettes and Tiger Eyes are happy the way things are and tired of hearing what you have been spouting. The flyers this past weekend take the cake. They were the dumbest thing I have ever seen, and I think many people agreed. One man said (when looking at the flyer)" Are they getting rid of the majorettes?', he was told no, so he threw it away and said "Then I don't care, as long as they are on the field." It isn't just boots (which are unsafe with what the majorettes now do (there is proof for this), buns and makeup (no one can see those anyway), you have upset a lot of people and those on this forum don't know the whole story. It goes deeper than these little posts!!! Leave our girls alone and get a life.

You gotta be kidding me. You mean to tell me a bunch of former majorettes trying to relive their glory years were passing out flyers about the damn outfits they were wearing? Geez Louise.

Look, if you pin me down, I like the old look with the white boots too. But I didn't give it more than a half second of thought when I saw them this weekend, much less think some dimbulb should print flyers and bellyache on message boards about it.

What in the world has happened to the AU Majorettes? They've been blended into the flag girls and dancers with their hair buns and polyester uniforms. The AU Majorettes have traditionally been the most striking and glamorous girls in the SEC, if not the whole NCAA. And now they have to wear their hair in a bun? They wear long sleeve dresses with zippers up the front? That is not the look of an Auburn majorette. That is not the look of Auburn University. Where are their sequins? Where are their white boots? You can't even pick them out of a crowd anymore. It's not that we don't love flag girls and dancers, but come on. Majorettes have worked years to perfect their talent of TWIRLING. Now they have to twirl flags (which is pretty hard to do if someone forgets to put out your flag, i.e. Arkansas game) and shake pom poms. How is shaking pom poms elevating your skills? These girls have worked hard to get to this level and it is a shame to hide their beauty behind weird, glittery makeup and Lord of the Dance dresses. And they are too talented to have to drop their batons just to pick up a pom pom because everybody else is. These girls deserve better than that and so does Auburn University.

Lady, the first time one of these girls catches a touchdown pass or sacks the opposing quarterback, I'll issue my opinion on what kind of boots they wear and how their hair is done. Until then, this is a football forum.

As the father of two girls, both of whom hope to one day be a part of that glorious band, why don't you just knock it off? Those girls deserve better than your yowling and so does Auburn University.

Well, I don't know, but I don't think the opinion I expressed was quite "yowling". It was just an opinion and I thought a fairly well articulated one. And if you read my comments closely, you might notice that I already said that these girls deserve better. But when AU football recruiters start calling the AU athletic department to complain about how bad the AU majorettes look and how it's hurting recruiting, and when the athletic department is concerned enough to look into it, then it becomes a football issue.

That is a crock! I am sure that all those boys in the end zone (with such a good view of the majorettes) sit on pins and needles because they want to see the majorettes so they can committ to Auburn. They are only coming because of the majorettes who they will never meet or see again (halftime in the locker room) You are stirring this stuff up and you need to leave it alone. Let the band directors do their job. Donate to the band instead of the football team, maybe with a little more money, everyone can wear the same uniform in the band. The majorettes and Tiger Eyes are happy the way things are and tired of hearing what you have been spouting. The flyers this past weekend take the cake. They were the dumbest thing I have ever seen, and I think many people agreed. One man said (when looking at the flyer)" Are they getting rid of the majorettes?', he was told no, so he threw it away and said "Then I don't care, as long as they are on the field." It isn't just boots (which are unsafe with what the majorettes now do (there is proof for this), buns and makeup (no one can see those anyway), you have upset a lot of people and those on this forum don't know the whole story. It goes deeper than these little posts!!! Leave our girls alone and get a life.

Ma'am....I admire your grit.

Who Cares!!!!!!!!

Now now TIS.....If she looks like Terry Hatcher there may be some room for discussion. :big:

I do look better than Terri Hatcher and who said anything about being 40? That's the most insulting thing I've read yet. And I've read some pretty insulting things.

Who Cares!!!!!!!!

I do look better than Terri Hatcher and who said anything about being 40? That's the most insulting thing I've read yet. And I've read some pretty insulting things.

And yet, you are still here.

Glad to see there are some more folks on here that think very highly of themselves. And for the record I have not begun to defile myself or give insults.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Let's see, 1986 alum, which means you were (minimum) 20 when you graduated. We are now over 20 years from that point, hence (through simple math), you are (minimum) 40 years old.

Who Cares!!!!!!!!

I'm insulted that you think being 40 is insulting. See? Anyone can play the oversensitive whinybutt game!

Archived