Did everyone forget?

AU!

I haven't read all of the posts this weekend, but does anyone else feel that the lack of Joe Cope affected the offense. It seemed like we didnt have time to run any play, more or less trick plays.

I was impressed with brandon cox, he got sacked multiple times, the pocket collapsed, the plays broke down, but he never lost his cool. He would stay in the pocket as long as he needed to and never tried to force plays, that really shows character.

The D-line didn't look good either, we have 4 quality running backs to practice against and we can't stop the run against Arky's 2?

I saw a couple for borge's trick plays fall apart because of hardcore blitzing. Where's the slant routes, how about halfback angle routes? And as for good ol' CT... (sigh), that's all i can say.

But really, i want to know if anyone else thinks that the game could've been much better with cope at center?

Oh yeah, go john vaughn, the only guy who didn't f___ up.

I agree. With Cope out it definitely affected our timing. In my opinion the center is the 2nd most important position after the QB and it showed yesterday. I remember seeing a fumble during one of the exchanges in the game.

The thing I don't like about Brandon is that he holds onto the ball too long, I think everytime when you see your receivers aren't getting opened, throw the ball away, don't try and hold onto it and wait for things to happen, because most likely your pocket has already collapsed when you have to wait till that point. It is imperative for Brandon to get rid of the ball because he's already dinged up and we cannot see him taking any more hits than he has already.

Brad Lester didn't either. He played great. He seemed like the only one who had any emotion.

Brad Lester didn't either. He played great. He seemed like the only one who had any emotion

These are my thoughts as well. I do also think that the loss of Cope hurt some. But the only play that really looked trashed was the 1 fumbled snap. Other than that I didnt hear his name so must not have been to bad!

I think our lines on both side need to get back to that "physical" idea from spring and Summer ball! We just got flat whipped on both sides of the LOS!!!!!

Brad Lester didn't either. He played great. He seemed like the only one who had any emotion.

According to the Tuberville pressconference on AL.com Lester was injured in the game.

Sorry though you said he didn't play, misread it, ya lester had alot of fire in him. Shame that he got injured.

I haven't read all of the posts this weekend, but does anyone else feel that the lack of Joe Cope affected the offense. It seemed like we didnt have time to run any play, more or less trick plays.

I was impressed with brandon cox, he got sacked multiple times, the pocket collapsed, the plays broke down, but he never lost his cool. He would stay in the pocket as long as he needed to and never tried to force plays, that really shows character.

The D-line didn't look good either, we have 4 quality running backs to practice against and we can't stop the run against Arky's 2?

I saw a couple for borge's trick plays fall apart because of hardcore blitzing. Where's the slant routes, how about halfback angle routes? And as for good ol' CT... (sigh), that's all i can say.

But really, i want to know if anyone else thinks that the game could've been much better with cope at center?

Cope being out was huge! ****** *** *** ***** *** ***** I was in section 4 and saw KI tearing him a new one on the sidelines. Bosley was calling the zone blocking schemes for the o-line. I see Palmer getting the start this week and the blocking will be much better.

Moderator's note: Let's keep the hyperbole to an acceptable level.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bosley graded out well enough to keep his job. He missed some assignments, but overall was as good an OL as anyone else.

Calm down.

I called myself watching him qhite a bit Saturday and I didn't see anything that he did or did not do that was that bad.

Once again 1 person did not affect the outcome of this game it was an entire team meltdown. I seriously doubt that had Cope been in there we would have won. Save for Brad Lester the performance was an F

Here's the quote:

"Jason Bosley played pretty darned solid, maybe even better than we thought at the time," offensive coordinator Al Borges said. "He had some transitional problems with the snap, but for the most part, he was pretty good. I think he's going to get better and better and prove he can handle that position."

Didn't they pull Bosley in the 3rd or 4th quarter? I'm not sure why they would do that if he was playing up to par. Personally, I think missing Cope did make a difference, although not enough to change the outcome.

zeebish

There are no excuses for Saturday's performance.

Agree. Everyone needs to get better. Our flawless kickers were even off this past weekend. We will get better.

BTW, the coaches graded Bosley's performance at 89 percent for the game after reviewing film. Not too bad and certainly nothing that would warrant Cope's absence as the major reason we lost. Protection was just fine on at least 3 of Arky's 5 sacks, they were coverage/holding-the-ball-too-long sacks.

Here's the quote:

"Jason Bosley played pretty darned solid, maybe even better than we thought at the time," offensive coordinator Al Borges said. "He had some transitional problems with the snap, but for the most part, he was pretty good. I think he's going to get better and better and prove he can handle that position."

Didn't they pull Bosley in the 3rd or 4th quarter? I'm not sure why they would do that if he was playing up to par. Personally, I think missing Cope did make a difference, although not enough to change the outcome.

zeebish

Yes, he was replaced at some point in the second half.

Here's the quote:

zeebish

Yes, he was replaced at some point in the second half.

The beginning of the fourth qtr to be exact. I really think there were a ton of missed assignments especially between the tackles. Their Middle Linebacker ws in on every play. O-lines have to communicate and work together. Cope was missed period. Regardless of how Bosley "graded out".

we may need some independent confirmation but i think i remember in years past a couple of times our center was out and we struggled in games we should have won. i thought about this when they showed cope on the sidekines in crutches.

we may need some independent confirmation but i think i remember in years past a couple of times our center was out and we struggled in games we should have won. i thought about this when they showed cope on the sidekines in crutches.

I remember Cope filling in well at Center when Lindsey was hurt in the UGA game was it?

Heck it didn't have alot to do with Cope...Cox has been harrassed all year. We're at the bottom as far as protection goes...18SACKS already given up. and the line is suppose to be our STRENGTH?

Save for Brad Lester the performance was an F

It was an F only because they no longer hand out G's.

We'll be back. Don't panic, everybody. We got embarassed...not obliterated. I just watched the game again, and I'm not as worried as I was. I think EVERYBODY was weak, where you usually have only one aspect of the game where we underperform.

We CAN beat Florida.

Archived