Post deletion

Ranger12

I would like to know why my post got deleted. The one saying I have been hired as the new HC. It was meant to be funny and alot of people were having fun with it. It was meant to be a mockery of all those stupid rumors. Another post also was deleted where we started making fun of the rumors by saying MC Hammer was going to be the OC, etc. I am very confused why these would get deleted when we were trying to make light off all the rumors.

I think while Dave was cleaning out what he thought to be detrimental rumors yours just got caught up in it. I don't work here though so I can't tell you for sure. :blink:

Wasnt me, But I told the mods to clear the board.

I take the blame.

Sorry Ranger.

Hope you accept the apology.

No problem. I figured it was an honest mistake, but just making sure it was okay to at least make fun of the rumors. :D

No problem. I figured it was an honest mistake, but just making sure it was okay to at least make fun of the rumors. 

:o:o:o

I guess this means my week at the lake has been cancelled?

I guess my Air Stream at Wind Creek is the closest I am getting to a million $ house on Lake Martin. :D

Well, if levity isn't allowed during a season like this, I've got serious options to consider!! YIKES!!

I'm for free speech, good, bad or ugly, but I am not running the show nor am I knocking those who do. I just think folks can read what people like me might have on their minds and very easily recognize my ignorance and stupidity rather than cause the pillars of Samford Hall to collapse. *grin"

"ALL HAIL LEVITY, IGNORANCE & STUPIDITY!"

I agree there was getting to be too much crap on the board and agree with David and the mods. I was making sure that my post did not get deleted because it was making up rumors that were meant to be funny and satire the rumors that people were taking seriously. I was hoping none took them seriously. I did not mean for this thread to turn into bashing of the rumor ban, which I agree with. An FYI rumor is one thing, but don't post something that you try to portray as the truth unless you have an article to back it up. I am not too much on the FYI rumors either. Now, I did hear that Don Shula was thinking about coming out of retirement and wants the :au: job so that he can whoop his son's tail every year. Just a rumor however. :lol:

Ranger, I agree with much of what you say, and also with the intent of the "rules" here. I never read them until a few minutes ago, and probably violated them today. Sorry.

I do not quite agree that internet rumors are always wrong or off base, or that print media is always (or even usually) reliable. I guess any rumor about the Mullets (Finally saw "Joe Dirt" last week - all I could think about was all those mulletheads trying to find their way to Auburn using a road atlas - what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the dome light in those vehicles!) is ok. What about the Happy Price rumors? Remember the mullets saying that it was all internet rumor?

What about the mullets saying what a great season they would have this year under Shula. Surely they should be allowed to speculate as to their current and future greatness. As I recall they expected to add another MNC to their stringer this season.

Unlike Joe Friday, I can't just limit myself to "facts," because I really don't know any! I hope we are allowed some leaway to express our ignorance.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

LegalEagle, Ranger, and others, speculation and rumor are two distictly different animals. The key difference is in the presentation.

Speculation, when presented as such, is not considered a violation of the rules. No penalty shall be enforced as no foul has occured.

:au:

Archived