Game Thread

HomanAU

Didn't we empty the bench for this game? Wouldn't you expect a little dropoff considering who we're putting in the game AND who our opponent is??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shut up PowerI.  I wish you'd just stop posting and/or watching Auburn football.  Yeah, it's not our best day, but better to have it this week than the next 2.

195255[/snapback]

Hey now, I wouldn't tell him to shut up. I think he has a good point, and I am very scared about playing Georgia and Bama because of our defense. And, not afraid to say it.

A win is a win is a win and I will take it! But, come on defense!

Shut up PowerI.  I wish you'd just stop posting and/or watching Auburn football.  Yeah, it's not our best day, but better to have it this week than the next 2.

195255[/snapback]

Hey now, I wouldn't tell him to shut up. I think he has a good point, and I am very scared about playing Georgia and Bama because of our defense. And, not afraid to say it.

195276[/snapback]

Well, you're not clued in to PowerI's history. That Eeyore icon was given to him because he moans and groans no matter what. We could be dominant and he'll find some nit to pick and harp on for a whole week. He and Aubie7 have a club act together.

195255[/snapback]

195276[/snapback]

Well, you're not clued in to PowerI's history. That Eeyore icon was given to him because he moans and groans no matter what. We could be dominant and he'll find some nit to pick and harp on for a whole week. He and Aubie7 have a club act together.

195278[/snapback]

I am familiar with his history, and actually, I think it provides some balance to the forum. Usually they both just make me laugh! I just happen to think that he is somewhat right this time! I am so worried about the upcoming games because of our defense!

This is the worst team in the SEC were playing and were letting them walk down the field like it's nothing.  If our defense plays like this against UGA and bammer, we don't have a prayer.  I don't know where David Gibbs' head is, but it's sure not in the game.

195247[/snapback]

Actually, UAT is playing the worst team in the SEC... and they're only up by 3 :roflol:

Don't worry about the D. The coaches said they were going to try a bunch of new things before the game, on both sides of the ball. They knew we could score at will against UK, and this would be a good practice game to prepare us for the next two weeks. In other words, our defense will not play like this against UGA and UAT. Heck, even if they did play this way against UAT, their offense still couldn't do much about it.

Take the game for what it was worth - a scrimmage to give the main players a rest, a chance to see where the young ones stand, and an opportunity to refine our strategies for UGA and Tuscaloser Community College.

Wilhite is the starter at safety...or at least he was against Ole Miss because he was playing better than Eric Brock.

195237[/snapback]

And he's had a pick in both games...

Unless things change here late in the 4th, Alabama has scored one offensive TD in its last 3 SEC games. They need something to change big for them on that side of the ball before I think we have to worry about our D being overmatched by their O. Brodie has 3 turnovers himself today.

I am familiar with his history, and actually, I think it provides some balance to the forum.  Usually they both just make me laugh!  I just happen to think that he is somewhat right this time!  I am so worried about the upcoming games because of our defense!

195283[/snapback]

Yeah, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Defense played sloppy today. Hopefully it was just a one time lapse due to the opponent.

Look...we had one bad defensive outing...and people are already ready to call it quits on the defense? Your talking about a defense that is NUMBER 2 IN THE SEC....your talking about a defense that hasnt let ONE 200 yard PASSER accomplish the feat (except for today?)

You guys need a gut check.... Gibbs has done a WONDERFUL job with the defense...just a great job. If you guys want to call it quits and just say our defense is terrible after one outing and that "we dont have a prayer against UGA or Bama" (by the way, your talking about a bama offense that hasnt scored one td in about 13 quarters of SEC play) then damn...I'd like to see how y'all do as humans in troublesome situations. You'd probably quit on life to wouldnt you?

DONT QUIT ON ONE GAME. Thank you Gibbs for the great job you have done this year.

I will go out on a limb here and state that the D was playng with a lot f substitutions and really didnt prepare for :uk:

I know if I was CTT, I would have assumed a victory over :uk: and spent this week getting ready for :uga: These next two are our season. No one will remember :uk: after Monday.

The number one goal today was to get out of Lexington healthy. We did that.

Good day at the office!

Archived