Jordan Hare having issues

AU-Dave

vatz, glad you agree but I bet a lot here don't.

eric...I retract the "so-called". Poor choice of words. But don't tell me what I should do with my tickets if I don't agree with you. :poke:

I agree with standing at critical moments and making lots of noise. But I try to always be considerate of those who are behind me. If they don't seem to be rising I stay seated, even if those in front are standing up. Like I said earlier, I can make just as much noise sitting down. This whole discussion reminds me a little bit of church. Some music leaders think you have to stand up to sing, others realize you can sing just as well sitting down.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standing or sitting can be debated, but I have no patience for people who look at you like you are on drugs for making noise at the game.

If you don't like noise, stay home, your living room is much quieter. In my section about half of the people make a little noise on big plays, the other half, never make a sound. This isn't the library people. Its J-H stadium. Make some noise. This increases our homefield advantage. That's my biggest pet peeve. I think we as a crowd need to get better at making noise, whether standing or sitting. Please encourage those around you to have spirit!!!

Hey Tig, a whistle??? :blink:

What for? I would imangine an usher would come over anyway and stop that because of the ban on noisemakers. Although watching the guy attempt to blow the tushy trumpet would have been hilarious. :D

Anyway, I've got one more story. This one time, at band camp.....

Standing or sitting can be debated, but I have no patience for people who look at you like you are on drugs for making noise at the game.

If you don't like noise, stay home, your living room is much quieter.  In my section about half of the people make a little noise on big plays, the other half, never make a sound.  This isn't the library people.  Its J-H stadium.  Make some noise.  This increases our homefield advantage.   That's my biggest pet peeve.  I think we as a crowd need to get better at making noise, whether standing or sitting.  Please encourage those around you to have spirit!!!

185981[/snapback]

Where do you sit? I'm gonna sneak in behind you at the next game with one of those air pressure horns and toot it real loud the whole game. :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

What for?  I would imangine an usher would come over anyway and stop that because of the ban on noisemakers.  Although watching the guy attempt to blow the tushy trumpet would have been hilarious. :D

Anyway, I've got one more story.  This one time, at band camp.....

185985[/snapback]

A freakin' whistle. And he was right behind me.

I am all for having a beer (or thr...six) on a hot day, but being this drunk and obnoxious is ridiculous. How do you enjoy the game?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Where do you sit? I'm gonna sneak in behind you at the next game with one of those air pressure horns and toot it  real loud the whole game. :big:

185986[/snapback]

Artificial noisemakers are banned in SEC stadiums.

Except for cowbells at Mississippi State...the conference feels sory for them.

What for?  I would imangine an usher would come over anyway and stop that because of the ban on noisemakers.  Although watching the guy attempt to blow the tushy trumpet would have been hilarious. :D

Anyway, I've got one more story.  This one time, at band camp.....

185985[/snapback]

A freakin' whistle. And he was right behind me.

I am all for having a beer (or thr...six) on a hot day, but being this drunk and obnoxious is ridiculous. How do you enjoy the game?

185990[/snapback]

Well TM, if you manage to drink enough, you might get to see two games at the same time, which is indeed awesome :big:

vatz, glad you agree but I bet a lot here don't.

eric...I retract the "so-called". Poor choice of words. But don't tell me what I should do with my tickets if I don't agree with you. :poke:

I agree with standing at critical moments and making lots of noise. But I try to always be considerate of those who are behind me. If they don't seem to be rising I stay seated, even if those in front are standing up. Like I said earlier, I can make just as much noise sitting down. This whole discussion reminds me a little bit of church. Some music leaders think you have to stand up to sing, others realize you can sing just as well sitting down.

185978[/snapback]

i wasn't saying anything about what you should do with your tickets :poke: I was commenting on people who sit in the student section and complain about standing the whole game

I began attending AU football games at age ten.  My father from an early age told me to not impede the view of those behind me.  I stand and yell throughout the games today, but I try and be aware of the presence of those behind me who typically are standing and yelling at the same time ... generally the whole area is standing and shouting.  I would find it bothersome to sit behind someone that stood more than they sat.

185549[/snapback]

That's pretty much the deal in my section (40)...most of us know when to stand and yell, and when to sit. So we don't get on each other's nerves. :)

:au::homer:

185566[/snapback]

That's funny SKCAUB I was sitting in that same section and almost got into a fight with an older gentleman, dressed as a Gamecock, because he wanted me to sit. I told him I and my father paid good money for these tickets and that I WILL Stand whenever I see fit no matter if the Old Folks in front of me aren't. I was waiting for him to poke me or push me, then I would've had to Knock His Teeth down his Throat, for the sake of all Auburn Fans that don't like to sit on there hands.......Here's to all the So Called :au: fans on this site that doesn't stand when we score, I'm pretty sure yall have a nice couch and TV.

i wasn't saying anything about what you should do with your tickets :poke: I was commenting on people who sit in the student section and complain about standing the whole game

186012[/snapback]

OK, I guess I read it too fast. I guess it's not my day. having too many "mature" moments :D

186012[/snapback]

OK, I guess I read it too fast. I guess it's not my day. having too many "mature" moments :D

186023[/snapback]

that probably happens more and more the longer it's been since your seat were in the student section :D

i have been out of school for 6 years now and i still hate sitting down at games, but i do it because it is inappropriate to stand all alone in 'regular' seating. however, if someone is standing in front of me, i am going to stand up to see, regardless of what the people behind me think. once those in front of me sit, as will i.

i had a gentleman at the GA Tech game who told me to sit and wanted me to tell everyone in front of me to sit down. i was a bit pissed, especially since his son rarely sat and jumped around and cussed unmercifully in my ears for 4 hours. :no: i was shocked, considering IT WAS THE SECOND FREAKING PLAY OF THE GAME!

i miss the student section.

I can't believe that we, the Auburn Family, are arguing over such things. We are all fans. If you are in the student section (cheap tickets compared to those the rest of the crowd pays) you probably do stand the whole game. I don't mind people standing in front of me, as long as everyone else does, but when it impedes my view and the view of those behind me, I do mind.

As for the quote someone said about ushers helping out, huh? What ushers, never seen one in the upper level and certainly those yellow shirt people wouldn't do anything. I don't even know why they are there.

I sit in the upper deck and we really don't need to stand to see the field! We have a great view. But when there is a good play or something exciting I stand.

My pet peeve is people standing during the band performance. I am a band alum and I love to watch the band. If you are going to stand during halftime, at least ask the people around you if they mind.

Someone else said people running up and down the aisles drove them crazy, me too! I think there is one family next to me that spends over 100.00 on food every game. Goodness!

Babies and anyone else must have a ticket to enter the game.

As for this earlier quote: I guess standing makes it easier for you guys to leave in the third quarter?

I so agree. Why does the student section empty out after halftime? I don't think I have ever seen it full until the end of the game. Just curious.

Also, the cost of these tickets, especially the 50.00 games. I figure I am paying 25.00 a quarter, so I will stay no matter if we win or lose. Support the Team people!!

where were the adults the two games prior to the USC game? I saw all the students there.

And I never leave early

Well, let's get to the real bottom line . . . You've eaten some nachos, chips & cheese, maybe a dog to go with it. Tailgating before the game, you've downed some fried chicken, beer and a big bowl of pork & beans.

Now, they say natural gas is in short supply, but you're in the middle of a section with AU driving, and have natural gas to spare. Do you stand and rip or sit and rip?

PT, I'd ask that you provide your expertise first! :big:

Well, let's get to the real bottom line . . . You've eaten some nachos, chips & cheese, maybe a dog to go with it.  Tailgating before the game, you've downed some fried chicken, beer and a big bowl of pork & beans. 

Now, they say natural gas is in short supply, but you're in the middle of a section with AU driving, and have natural gas to spare.  Do you stand and rip or sit and rip? 

PT, I'd ask that you provide your expertise first!  :big:

186069[/snapback]

If you sit and rip...you can blame the person in front of you without them knowing!!!

Should have just asked the old folks behind you if they would mind just swapping seats with you. That way the guy originally sitting in front of you would then have to deal with them and you could continue standing. Are there no creative minds on this board. We are not here to solve everyone's problems, just mine...... :big:

One of the characteristics of last year's team was unity and lack of selfishness among the players.

I would ask all of those on this board to consider what it means to be an Auburn man or woman. The following is the last paragraph from David Housel's "What is Auburn" which is framed and hanging on my wall.

It is a spirit, It is an attitude. It is a way of looking at life and at one another. It is, almost a way of living. Unless you have experienced it, you will never know what it is; you will never understandit. Once you have experienced it, you will never be the same. A part of you will, forevermore, be an Auburn man or an Auburn Woman.

I would encourage all of us to think about all that has been said here on this thread, realizing that each of us loves Auburn in our own special way. In addition let us all consider that good manners and courtesy are never out of style for Auburn people... this is one of the qualities what sets us apart from all the other schools and makes us unique. We are all in the same Auburn family, but a house divided will not stand. Its the other school up the road that cannibalizes its own ... not Auburn.

There are times that it is almost universally accepted to stand, but as an Auburn man I will not exercise my desire to stand when it is inappropriate and allow my overall presence to cause another Auburn man or woman undue discomfort. I can maintain my Auburn pride without stooping to pull up and exalt my own selfish pride.

I believe we as Auburn people can and should display the same unity and lack of selfishness that we so admire among our football players?

WAR EAGLE!!!

Involving ticket prices and comparing that to students is just a pathetic argument. Money should not be an issue when its concerning standing up, and yelling for your Auburn Tigers.

"I paid good money for these tickets...I should be able to sit and view the game..."

Ok....you paid good money to watch Auburn football at its best in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Your payment of a ticket doesnt entitle you to the benefits of lets say, a living room or a park?

Should have just asked the old folks behind you if they would mind just swapping seats with you. That way the guy originally sitting in front of you would then have to deal with them and you could continue standing. Are there no creative minds on this board. We are not here to solve everyone's problems, just mine...... :big:

186072[/snapback]

b4 u know it they'll fulfill their master plan of front row seats! :roflol:

IAlso, the cost of these tickets, especially the 50.00 games. I figure I am paying 25.00 a quarter, so I will stay no matter if we win or lose.

186065[/snapback]

huh??? :poke:

186068[/snapback]

Well of course you said huh? My math skills were lacking yesterday. Sorry. I figure I pay 25.00 a half is what I meant to say. :homer:

where were the adults the two games prior to the USC game? I saw all the students there.

I stated: Why does the student section empty out after halftime? I don't think I have ever seen it full until the end of the game. Just curious.

I was just asking where the students go after the half, not that they don't show up! They show up in mass and it looks great!!! I was just wondering where they go after the half. By the 4th Quarter the student section is almost empty.

Archived