I Laughed

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

1) I’m skeptical McDonald’s would allow Trump or any political figure to do a stunt like that. Companies hate being dragged into highly visible no win scenarios 2) In 2020 Biden’s campaign would have fully vetted every syllable of her stated background. Otherwise what the heck does political “vetting” even mean? Companies spend tens of thousands on background checks for any senior executive to ensure these messes don’t happen.

I’m not skeptical. Good stuff from the Trump campaign like him or not. Kamala couldn’t make that work. To phony and claiming she worked there once. Gotta remember that McDonald’s holds a special place in Trump’s heart. They are the recipient of tons of free advertising because of it.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Moving the goalposts again?  You said only straight whites guys were considered and I proved you wrong.  

Ah, so Republicans will "Consider" black people....but wont ever actually pick them even if they are more qualified. 

Got it! So much better. 

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point is Trump had the field open and Joe had qualifiers which restricted his choices i.e. not the most qualified, but a choice of race and gender.

And yet Kamala was a more qualified pick than Vance is. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

but it exists in our nation because our history created the need. 

There is no need for DEI, never has been.  There has been bias in selecting VP selection I agree, but Kamala Harris was picked for her particular attributes of race and gender.  She was picked, and I am speculating here, because Jim Clyburn got Joe in the WH and for no other reason. It is too obvious.  2 months ago she was the worst VP in the history of VPs and now she could be president in less than a month.

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I’m not skeptical. Good stuff from the Trump campaign like him or not. Kamala couldn’t make that work. To phony and claiming she worked there once. Gotta remember that McDonald’s holds a special place in Trump’s heart. They are the recipient of tons of free advertising because of it.

and that "special place" is fat build up in his arteries. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ah, so Republicans will "Consider" black people....but wont ever actually pick them even if they are more qualified. 

Got it! So much better. 

The first step is to be considered.  Dems usually just skip this step like Joe did in 2020.

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

And yet Kamala was a more qualified pick than Vance is.

I think intelligence is a qualifier, so J.D. Vance is, therefore, more qualified.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Well, yeah, the fact that Republicans would only consider a white straight male for the job goes without saying...

lets not forget racist. vance made a CLEAR point his wife is not white but he loves her anyway.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I’m guessing you’ve never worked in marketing. Risking half of a market to sub incrementally grow the other half is really, really, really bad math.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m guessing you’ve never worked in marketing. Risking half of a market to sub incrementally grow the other half is really, really, really bad math.

Was actually pursuing a marketing degree and almost complete until I went to Auburn and changed majors. I understand they would not use a politician in a national advertising campaign. A far cry from allowing someone to use a local establishment to serve a few fries. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Apparently the franchisee got it cleared through corporate McDonalds to make sure they were ok with it. 

Doubt it makes a difference in either direction. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Was actually pursuing a marketing degree and almost complete until I went to Auburn and changed majors. I understand they would not use a politician in a national advertising campaign. A far cry from allowing someone to use a local establishment to serve a few fries. 

Budweiser marketing had the same logic on the other side of the spectrum. Just a Little influencer podcast. What could go wrong?

I once went on a date with a girl who's parents owned multiple McDonalds restaurants, and she legitimacy got upset with me when I told her I didn't really care for their food after she asked me.

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Apparently the franchisee got it cleared through corporate McDonalds to make sure they were ok with it. 

Doubt it makes a difference in either direction. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/10/21/business/mcdonalds-trump-visit-statement

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

now she could be president in less than a month.

Wouldn’t be possible if her opponent wasn’t a narcissistic felon, liar, sexual predator, etc…

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is no need for DEI, never has been.

Slavery, White House built by slaves, women unable to vote, genocide of Native Americans, internment of Japanese Americans, Jim Crow, segregation, etc…Yeah nothing to see here. America has always been fair and equal to all. No way should the government ever have gotten involved. It would’ve all worked itself out. 

• Thanks 1

Wouldn’t be possible if her opponent wasn’t a narcissistic felon, liar, sexual predator, etc…

Slavery, White House built by slaves, women unable to vote, genocide of Native Americans, internment of Japanese Americans, Jim Crow, segregation, etc…Yeah nothing to see here. America has always been fair and equal to all. No way should the government ever have gotten involved. It would’ve all worked itself out. 

I have to ask; if someone else won the primary other than Trump, would Joe have bowed out earlier or wait until the first debate?  What was the Dem’s going to do?  Legit question.  I don’t think we would ever know, but Joe was not the brightest bulb in the WH.

America has alway been a work in progress.  Were you proud to serve this country?  Can you change the past or are you trying to correct for past failures?  And is that even possible?  How has government intervention worked out so far?  We are divided into the oppressed and the oppressors (sounds kind of Marxist doesn’t it) or should we look at ourselves and decide to take responsiblity for our own actions regardless of what might have happened in the past?

At what level is it good to give opportunites to people based on someone’s idea of diversity?  Equal outcome is pure Marxist and Inclution should also include all people, not just the diverse ones.

I would be for better education for all people, but even that is DEI now.

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Budweiser marketing had the same logic on the other side of the spectrum. Just a Little influencer podcast. What could go wrong?

No comparison. You are smarter atl1. 

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

No comparison. You are smarter atl1. 

Yep, that why McDonald’s is frantically distancing. I promise the Bud terror has come up 27 times today at their corporate office today

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

and that "special place" is fat build up in his arteries. 

Coffee the man is 78 years old and has more energy than most 25 year olds. He can eat what wants. 

9 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yep, that why McDonald’s is frantically distancing. I promise the Bud terror has come up 27 times today at their corporate office today

Didn’t hurt them to badly and it won’t.

$314.89  -1.67 -0.53%
After-Hours

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

How has government intervention worked out so far?

Ended slavery in the Civil War

Ended segregation in the military

Ended segregation in colleges (in spite of George Wallace)

Granting women the right to vote

Title IX for women’s sports

American Disabilities Act to provide equal access to facilities to those deaf, dumb, blind, wheelchair bound, etc…

All done by government intervention. Just a few examples. Which of the above offends you the most?  

Ended slavery in the Civil War

Ended segregation in the military

Ended segregation in colleges (in spite of George Wallace)

Granting women the right to vote

Title IX for women’s sports

American Disabilities Act to provide equal access to facilities to those deaf, dumb, blind, wheelchair bound, etc…

All done by government intervention. Just a few examples. Which of the above offends you the most?  

You proved my point.  We are a country in progress.  In your original post you lambasted Americans as being oppressive in their actions and yet we, as a people, have improved over time the conditions for all people.

What offends me is people still thinking America is an oppressive people when it is not true.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What offends me is people still thinking America is an oppressive people when it is not true.

See Gowebbs thinking and good intentions. Honest response IM4. Plenty evidence on past post here. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

See Gowebbs thinking and good intentions. Honest response IM4. Plenty evidence on past post here. 

He has a good point if you don’t see the good that has been done over the years.  If you believe you have been victimized at every turn and can’t see the progress made it is self defeating.

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Coffee the man is 78 years old and has more energy than most 25 year olds. He can eat what wants. 

Body of a 25 year old and the brain of a toddler. A true miracle man. 

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

He has a good point if you don’t see the good that has been done over the years.  If you believe you have been victimized at every turn and can’t see the progress made it is self defeating.

I pointed out the good that’s been done. All of it with the government having to play a role to make it happen. None of the things I listed were popular at the time they were initiated. Just like DEI is not popular with you right now. Two things are true. America is great and wonderful and has made much progress with equality. And America has a dark history with equality, and some checks and balance remain necessary going forward.

At this point we’re way off topic on this thread so I’ll let you have the last word. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Love 1