Will Freeze get a 3rd year?

AURex

Just now, woodford said:

Auburn has underachieved, but do you even watch CFB? Lmao

:: 5th year QB who Freeze hand picked and refused to replace after a bad first season misses wide open receivers or under throws guys <15 yarda or senior wideout who Freeze hand picked and plays over supposedly super talented freshman drops a clear TD pass ::

“Fire Freeze! This is unacceptable!” - half this board 

FIFY

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I suggest if he wants a long-term future on the Plains he starts winning next year. And I'll just leave it at that.

Almost positive he will. Will probably start off 3-0 and the odds of 10 turnovers again in 2 straights games is almost impossible. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn has underachieved, but do you even watch CFB? Lmao

:: 5th year QB misses wide open receivers or under throws guys <15 yarda or senior wideout drops a clear TD pass ::

“Fire Freeze! This is unacceptable!” - half this board 

I agree you can't fire Freeze this season. He will and should still be given another year. 

But at the same time, if you can't blame the head coach for the players not performing out on the field....then what can you blame a head coach for? 

Yeah, if in year 2 your QB cant throw, your WRs cant catch, your kicker cant kick and your linemen can't block then the head coach does shoulder a good bit of blame for that situation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Almost positive he will. Will probably start off 3-0 and the odds of 10 turnovers again in 2 straights games is almost impossible. 

I certainly hope Freeze understands turnovers are not just fluke random occurrences that the coach has no affect on like you seem to think.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

I was afraid the Freeze hire was a good ole boy hire and not a good coach hire.  
After he produces a historic loosing season and serious questions about his future emerge… how does he convince players to stay and players to come on board? 

🤑💲💲

I have been as disappointed with Freeze's results so far as anybody. I really thought we would be a lot farther along at this point in his tenure. That being said, I'm in favor of giving him another year to show improvement. If significant improvement is not shown next year, we probably need to go in a different direction. 

32 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I agree you can't fire Freeze this season. He will and should still be given another year. 

But at the same time, if you can't blame the head coach for the players not performing out on the field....then what can you blame a head coach for? 

Yeah, if in year 2 your QB cant throw, your WRs cant catch, your kicker cant kick and your linemen can't block then the head coach does shoulder a good bit of blame for that situation. 

His gamble on PT failed. You can see it in his face every Saturday. That’s on Freeze, but PT definitely doesn’t help with bonehead mistakes. 

You can blame him for personnel, game planning, recruiting, etc. he is to blame for some of this especially communication no offense (when PT isn’t going rogue) but bonehead player choices on the field are on the players.

But it’s not Auburn’s record or performance on the field. Most of these people dogging on CHF, absolutely hate Hugh Freeze for reasons that have nothing to do with football. Most of it is just pointless moral posturing (they’re superior human beings). In their minds when PT misses a wide open Fairweather or someone it’s because CHF manifested that, not the fact that he missed a pass that your average FCS QB would make.

You really think if Auburn wins 10 games next year or hell even the Iron Bowl this year will be giving Freeze the credit? Of course not, it‘ll be the players 100% so most of this is pointless. I’m all for intelligent CFB talk, especially regarding the numbers but that’s hard when your team is 2-5.

Coach Cignetti (Indiana) is the first call I make if you want my honest opinion. He would bring a chip on his shoulder and a toughness we need. 

We will see what happens in 365 days. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

You really think if Auburn wins 10 games next year or hell even the Iron Bowl this year will be giving Freeze the credit? Of course not, it‘ll be the players 100% so most of this is pointless. I’m all for intelligent CFB talk, especially regarding the numbers but that’s hard when your team is 2-5.

Well I know who WILL take the credit if that happens...

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, Hunter this last week got 19 carries for 57 yards. 3.0 YPC average. Most carries he's got yet and also by far his worst performance all season, so the narrative that running Hunter more will help fix our offense isn't necessarily true. 

Kind of like how earlier in the season the narrative was we just had to stop giving away so many turnovers and we'd be fine. Well, we stopped turning the ball over and yet we're still losing games. 

It isn't just one problem with this team or one fix for it. Top to bottom our players just aren't making plays, making too many mistakes, and are falling apart whenever the pressure ramps up or a game gets close. 

The Narrative is an evolving and ever-changing string of excuses because what we are witnessing is so ridiculous that it's unbelievable just how bad this team has been for years.

Just when I think it can't get any worse..... another coach works his ass off to sink it lower. 

• Haha 1

I’m a 4th year guy. 

13 hours ago, AURex said:

CHF is on track to have the worst record for Auburn for many, many, many years. Decades. I can't even remember a worse period of Auburn football ---- and I am OLD. Okay, not as old as Golf, but I've still been around for awhile.

CHF is blabbering incessantly about recruiting. Why is he not talking about coaching and playing and winning?

Auburn will likely end up this year at 2-10. Maybe ... maybe ... 3-9. And to hear CHF sopeak, it is because auburn players suck, He just doesn't have the talent.  He needs more talent. Lots more talent.

Ya know, I remember Auburn when we didn't have the talent, but the players fought like maniacs, they played way above their star ratings, Auburn was feared, not because Auburn had the greatest players, but because Auburn fought like h3ll.

I'm tired of this "we need more talent" crap. Auburn has better talent already than a lot of teams in the SEC. Yet here we are fighting it out with Miss State for the bottom of the league, even lower than Vandy.

It's not talent, it is coaching. Motivation, skills, play calling. Yes, sometime a receiver drops a pass, sometimes a QB overthrows, sometimes a RB misses the hole. But when Auburn players are motivated to perform to the top of their ability, those plays will be few. It's up to the coaches to get them there!

Okay, the "football experts" can once again pound on me for blaming the coaches instead of our individual players. Go to it!

He is being fired today and will be the new OC at Ok and 2025 class is going with him.

13 hours ago, AURex said:

CHF is on track to have the worst record for Auburn for many, many, many years. Decades. I can't even remember a worse period of Auburn football ---- and I am OLD. Okay, not as old as Golf, but I've still been around for awhile.

CHF is blabbering incessantly about recruiting. Why is he not talking about coaching and playing and winning?

Auburn will likely end up this year at 2-10. Maybe ... maybe ... 3-9. And to hear CHF sopeak, it is because auburn players suck, He just doesn't have the talent.  He needs more talent. Lots more talent.

Ya know, I remember Auburn when we didn't have the talent, but the players fought like maniacs, they played way above their star ratings, Auburn was feared, not because Auburn had the greatest players, but because Auburn fought like h3ll.

I'm tired of this "we need more talent" crap. Auburn has better talent already than a lot of teams in the SEC. Yet here we are fighting it out with Miss State for the bottom of the league, even lower than Vandy.

It's not talent, it is coaching. Motivation, skills, play calling. Yes, sometime a receiver drops a pass, sometimes a QB overthrows, sometimes a RB misses the hole. But when Auburn players are motivated to perform to the top of their ability, those plays will be few. It's up to the coaches to get them there!

Okay, the "football experts" can once again pound on me for blaming the coaches instead of our individual players. Go to it!

We are trying to hire Mike Norvell right now. Unfortunately his recruiting class isn't as good. 

This almost reminds me of stopping the Kevin Steele hire for Harsin. We revolted over it. Our knowledge of the situation was terrible!

Edited by Auburn93
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Coach Cignetti (Indiana) is the first call I make if you want my honest opinion. He would bring a chip on his shoulder and a toughness we need. 

We will see what happens in 365 days. 

Here we go with our stupid opinions that got Harsin hired over Kevin Steele. Hire KEVIN STEELE he would bring a toughness we need. Let him coach Walker White with a bunch of OL's that transferred in from Indiana and Georgia State.

8 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Here we go with our stupid opinions that got Harsin hired over Kevin Steele. Hire KEVIN STEELE he would bring a toughness we need. Let him coach Walker White with a bunch of OL's that transferred in from Indiana and Georgia State.

I honestly don't understand your last 3 posts. You doing ok?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

His teams tend to turn the ball over quite a bit, so I wouldn’t rule it out. Don’t know if it’s a coaching deficiency or the nature of his RPO offense.

31 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

He is being fired today and will be the new OC at Ok and 2025 class is going with him.

What? lol. 

• Facepalm 1

Pending some sort of new public moral failure, he without a doubt gets a 3rd year.

If he doesn’t produce a respectable season next year, that seat is hot. Especially if recruiting falls apart. 

Barring another side hooker or similar scandal (which I don't completely discount), CHF will get at least two more full years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Barring another side hooker or similar scandal (which I don't completely discount), CHF will get at least two more full years.

Well even Red admits he has to win next year to secure a fourth so...

If this coach gets a garaunteed 2 more full years with what he has shown us so far, it might be time for me to pick up bourbon drinking again.

11 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Well even Red admits he has to win next year to secure a fourth so...

If this coach gets a garaunteed 2 more full years with what he has shown us so far, it might be time for me to pick up bourbon drinking again.

Why'd you ever stop?

2 hours ago, woodford said:

His gamble on PT failed. You can see it in his face every Saturday. That’s on Freeze, but PT definitely doesn’t help with bonehead mistakes. 

You can blame him for personnel, game planning, recruiting, etc. he is to blame for some of this especially communication no offense (when PT isn’t going rogue) but bonehead player choices on the field are on the players.

But it’s not Auburn’s record or performance on the field. Most of these people dogging on CHF, absolutely hate Hugh Freeze for reasons that have nothing to do with football. Most of it is just pointless moral posturing (they’re superior human beings). In their minds when PT misses a wide open Fairweather or someone it’s because CHF manifested that, not the fact that he missed a pass that your average FCS QB would make.

This is weak sh*t.

I was on board with hiring Freeze (had my concerns given collapses at Liberty, but I understood the choice). He is failing big time in everything not named recruiting. Don't try this nonsense "anyone who is questioning Freeze just never liked him" crap. We might not even win 3 games this season even though we empirically have a "better team" than last season, and you think this is about people not liking Freeze LOL? You know what else? Our schedule this season was EASY. We have played 1 good team through 7 games. Oklahoma is crap. Arkansas is mid. Missouri is mid and had their backup QB in for half the game, and he sucked 100x worse than Thorne. You want to talk boneheaded plays? 7 of our points vs. Missouri came on a muffed punt by them. How did they manage to win?

Peyton Thorne has only 2 turnovers in his last 3 games. We are 0-3 in those games. What "boneheaded" mistakes are you talking about? If you need your QB to make every single pass and correct read to win vs. teams that are less talented than you are, then you have serious issues with your offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, woodford said:

But it’s not Auburn’s record or performance on the field. Most of these people dogging on CHF, absolutely hate Hugh Freeze for reasons that have nothing to do with football. Most of it is just pointless moral posturing (they’re superior human beings).

This is not personal man, it's strictly business. The dogging on Hugh is the result of his record and product he's putting on the field.  This has nothing to do with Hugh's character or his past indiscretions. 

Any personal or moral superiority went out the window when Auburn hired a PR firm to sugar coat & sprinkle fairy dust over Hugh's shady past.  He was eased in and polished up like a shiny penny to make the hire more palpable to our uber Christian fan base. 

• Like 3