Talent problem or coaching problem

TeamZero77

I remember Bobby Bowden making a quote when his Florida State program began losing some games in his later years and the fans and media would say it was a talent problem on the roster and others would say it was a coaching problem. 

Bowden said if a team is getting blown out most weeks, that's a talent problem. If a team is losing close games most weeks, that's a coaching problem. 

• Like 1

There is a 3rd alternative, which has been bludgeoned on me by the "football experts" on this board.  It is not on the coaches because they are coaches and they are "experts." It is not on the talent, because CHF and his staff have pulled in truckloads of talent.

It is all on the individual players. They are not doing what they are supposed to do. They are out of position? That's on the players, not coaching or play calling. The passes are incomplete? That's not on play calling or coaching, it's all on the QB and the receivers. An opponent's RB has a giant hole to run through? That's not on our coaches calling the right defense. It's 100% on our players just not doing their job.

There's no reason to blame the coaches or the talent. It's all about our guys just screwing up on their own, being dorks in uniforms, and making Auburn lose because of their ineptitude.

That's what the "football experts" have to me on AUF.

• Like 2

We already have e discussion going on this.  No need for a 2nd thread on the same topic.

• Thanks 1