This Opened My Eyes

aubiefifty

i swiped this from corch jay who used to be a member and i believe he gets most of this right. what say yee?

I started sounding the alarm in the early fall that we weren’t going live and was only going thud even in scrimmages. How can you possibly be ready to dominate if you don’t practice that way. The story has been told over and over you play like you practice, blaring country or rap music during practice doesn’t help a team focus or prepare it distracts from the attention to detail that can be taught even if you are not the person going through the rep.

I’m not crazy and know it’s not 1980 where you have 3 a days but the days you can hit you better fricking hit. You can’t practice scared you might get an injury, you can’t design you play calling and offense with a fear a player might transfer, good/great players want to be coached hard and coached to be better and if they don’t want that they won’t be worth a crap anyway.

So for the love, put the ball down and go 1v2’s for each side of the ball during the season every Tuesday. In the spring and fall go 1v1s every time you get a chance to hit.

This is the path to get better. It’s time to start coaching.

• Like 4

more logical comments.

The days of the Pat Dye/ Wayne Hall physicality are gone … over.
I thought Saban said it well when asked why he decided to retire from coaching … “ the individual players have all the leverage now”

Want to enforce hard core discipline? … sorry Coach, not in the NIL era, … I’m headed to the portal.

It isn’t the players that are soft, it is the administrators of the game that are soft. The NCAA yielded to the profiteering of the big corporations … and now we’re witnessing the results.

the above is from atl. i like to post who said what when i can. if nil is this bad then i am not sure what the answer is?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

more logical comments.

The days of the Pat Dye/ Wayne Hall physicality are gone … over.
I thought Saban said it well when asked why he decided to retire from coaching … “ the individual players have all the leverage now”

Want to enforce hard core discipline? … sorry Coach, not in the NIL era, … I’m headed to the portal.

It isn’t the players that are soft, it is the administrators of the game that are soft. The NCAA yielded to the profiteering of the big corporations … and now we’re witnessing the results.

the above is from atl. i like to post who said what when i can. if nil is this bad then i am not sure what the answer is?

My NIL solution. It’s a three year term . U can transfer if the Coach is fired or your 3 years is up. If u want to transfer then the old rules apply

• Like 5

if a player is not disciplined does he quit, take his nil money, and go elsewhere for more cash? it is so frustrating.

• Like 2

the greatest coach of all time got out because of nil. he said players have all the leverage now.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for @Auburn93 to crash in to this thread to tell us it's not a culture or coaching/lack of leadership problem like most of us are clearly realizing now...it's just a talent problem. We just need 3 straight top 10 classes before the talent can begin overcoming Freeze's culture and coaching issues...😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm waiting for @Auburn93 to crash in to this thread to tell us it's not a culture or coaching/lack of leadership problem like most of us are clearly realizing now...it's just a talent problem. We just need 3 straight top 10 classes before the talent can begin overcoming Freeze's culture and coaching issues...😂

I haven't said it repeatedly, but I have said there are coaching issues. I'm just trying to take a more rational REALISTIC approach. If Robert Lewis catches a routine pass, Auburn wins. The irrational approach is not recognizing that and then doing things like comparing Harsin to Freeze. Freeze cares. Harsin didn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i swiped this from corch jay who used to be a member and i believe he gets most of this right. what say yee?

I started sounding the alarm in the early fall that we weren’t going live and was only going thud even in scrimmages. How can you possibly be ready to dominate if you don’t practice that way. The story has been told over and over you play like you practice, blaring country or rap music during practice doesn’t help a team focus or prepare it distracts from the attention to detail that can be taught even if you are not the person going through the rep.

I’m not crazy and know it’s not 1980 where you have 3 a days but the days you can hit you better fricking hit. You can’t practice scared you might get an injury, you can’t design you play calling and offense with a fear a player might transfer, good/great players want to be coached hard and coached to be better and if they don’t want that they won’t be worth a crap anyway.

So for the love, put the ball down and go 1v2’s for each side of the ball during the season every Tuesday. In the spring and fall go 1v1s every time you get a chance to hit.

We LOSE EITHER WAY. We lost this game because Robert Lewis dropped a routine pass. Yeah, we could get a little tougher and lose some players to injury like Cam Coleman and KLS. How would you like that? Or maybe the OL is left with Percy Lewis? Would it win another game? 

Is there EVIDENCE we are doing things differently than other teams in preseason or are we just grasping for straws to explain the losses? There have been some poor in game coaching decisions and some talent issues. That is it? I didn't see any poor coaching against MO. I saw an OL get blown up.

I'll add the 92 team was tough as hell and won five games. Thomas Bailey missed multiple games because in preseason his jaw was broken. 

Edited by Auburn93

4 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I didn't see any poor coaching against MO. I saw an OL get blown up.

Look I get your point and I’m one that hates the consistent CHF bashing.  But if you didn’t see any poor coaching decisions yesterday, your head is in the sand.   I agree that the drop would be touchdown was a huge play, but there were two drives late in the fourth that was terrible play calling.   Both were three and outs and I believe Thorne ran the ball on three or four of the six plays for a grand total of about 4 yards.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I haven't said it repeatedly, but I have said there are coaching issues. I'm just trying to take a more rational REALISTIC approach. If Robert Lewis catches a routine pass, Auburn wins. The irrational approach is not recognizing that and then doing things like comparing Harsin to Freeze. Freeze cares. Harsin didn't. 

there are some coaching issues as well. thorne was costly. last year it was both "O" and "D" coaches and they got let go because they were not a good fit. so yes coaching has cost us as well. i am old dammit and it is getting old! hell i want to suit up but all their depends are tear away so that ain't happening.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Look I get your point and I’m one that hates the consistent CHF bashing.  But if you didn’t see any poor coaching decisions yesterday, your head is in the sand.   I agree that the drop would be touchdown was a huge play, but there were two drives late in the fourth that was terrible play calling.   Both were three and outs and I believe Thorne ran the ball on three or four of the six plays for a grand total of about 4 yards.  

i agree and i believe they are all gun shocked so to speak. hell look at the turds. they threw to williams twenty times. you should not have to throw that much to one cat just saying. i do think part of coaching and college ball is changing so much folks at one time or another struggle with it. it is really odd. now we have prima donna's and snow flakes. football was different ten years ago. also i think parity is making play look worse than maybe it is?

54 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Harsin cared about Saturdays and football not recruiting.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Ahh the classic members:

corchjay, Mcloofus, AUjeff, W.E.D, @cole

it would be interesting to hear their insight now. 

• Like 2

folks i am just grasping at straws here and i am no expert and not even close but one thing i do know? if we had a better qb play we have a winning record and maybe undefeated. and just for the record i know thorne wants to win as badly as anyone so i feel for him. however we tend to forget we have several qb's and none of them are even close to thorne? at the worst those backups should be pushing like hell to play as this is their chance. beside i miss the nic downtown hank brown. in a sense i think different groups are alllike minded in what they think. if you have not turned things around it is bleak indeed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Ahh the classic members:

corchjay, Mcloofus, AUjeff, W.E.D, @cole

it would be interesting to hear their insight now. 

wed pops in once a blue moon. i miss mcloofus. he was a lot of fun. i do nnot believe he was run off i think he got mad and left? i sure missw him.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

wed pops in once a blue moon. i miss mcloofus. he was a lot of fun. i do nnot believe he was run off i think he got mad and left? i sure missw him.

W.E.D? I am pretty sure he is banned but yes me and Mcloofus didn’t always agree especially when he retired to the nest but I always appreciated his insight.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

W.E.D? I am pretty sure he is banned but yes me and Mcloofus didn’t always agree especially when he retired to the nest but I always appreciated his insight.

he cracked a lot of jokes right? my memory is awful...........

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

We LOSE EITHER WAY. We lost this game because Robert Lewis dropped a routine pass. Yeah, we could get a little tougher and lose some players to injury like Cam Coleman and KLS. How would you like that? Or maybe the OL is left with Percy Lewis? Would it win another game? 

Is there EVIDENCE we are doing things differently than other teams in preseason or are we just grasping for straws to explain the losses? There have been some poor in game coaching decisions and some talent issues. That is it? I didn't see any poor coaching against MO. I saw an OL get blown up.

I'll add the 92 team was tough as hell and won five games. Thomas Bailey missed multiple games because in preseason his jaw was broken. 

Anybody who wants to simplify our loss down to just a single talent issue of Robert Lewis dropping a pass is the one grasping at straws. We've seen this team collapse in every meaningful moment this season, hear stories about lack of practice discipline and hard work like above, and instead of putting 2 and 2 together, you want to hold on to this talent excuse like it's your childhood blanket. Open your eyes...man.

That 92 team won five game because of distractions and investigations. Then once all that cleared away in 93, what happened? They went undefeated. I feel like that example on proves further that this team is suffering from something way deeper than a small talent gap.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he cracked a lot of jokes right? my memory is awful...........

He did but he had a penchant of being the other rebuttal a lot of times , which is also what you need in “family” discussion. Nevertheless, a lot of those guys were correct about freeze and I am now 0-3 when it comes to coaches so the next hire, definitely not having an opinion about it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

it is weird as ol druk was condemned for being a hardazz and now he is too soft? maybe he is holding back? they are saying the same exact thing almost about bama.

Just now, DAG said:

He did but he had a penchant of being the other rebuttal a lot of times , which is also what you need in “family” discussion. Nevertheless, a lot of those guys were correct about freeze and I am now 0-3 when it comes to coaches so the next hire, definitely not having an opinion about it. 

i wanted lanning but i was ok freeze. hell most of us were. so you are no lone stranger. hell i liked billy...............i just pull for auburn and hope for the best. it just seems like since 2013 we have been cursed. it sure seems that way to me. and folks keep talking culture. how is culture hurting football? too soft. it makes my brain hurt.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

What happened to Cole?  He was interesting and full of good sports insight.  He was occasionally full of something else as well, but when he just stuck to talking sports, he was very insightful and interesting.

Just now, WillMunny said:

What happened to Cole?  He was interesting and full of good sports insight.  He was occasionally full of something else as well, but when he just stuck to talking sports, he was very insightful and interesting.

Not sure when it happened for WED and Cole, but this site soured for several of us who were critical of Freeze in the nest early on. Guessing we don't get any credit for how things have progressed...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

he is gone. shurgs. weird but twice you have responded to me only for the thread to be deleted. i thought your luck is about as bad as mine.

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Not sure when it happened for WED and Cole, but this site soured for several of us who were critical of Freeze in the nest early on. Guessing we don't get any credit for how things have progressed...

cole will be missed this basketball season. he could explain something where i understood most of it.

• Like 3