Freeze mizzou presser

aubiefifty

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

Rumor has it that these 2 will split the buyout together.

Has Freeze started buying beachfront properties yet. He has studied Harsin’s playbook. Come to Auburn, fake it till you make it. Those suckers will pay Anything!!

The next game is pivotal in my mind. The season is gone. they have to win 4 out of Bama, UK, Vanderbilt, A & M and Louisiana Monroe to get an invite to play some obscure school in the Hoboken Depends Bowl. Custer had a better chance. 3-9 is not out of the question.

If Freeze cares about salvaging anything from the season, the Thorne experiment has to end. The kid has heart, he occasionally makes bang up plays but it seems inevitable, every winnable game he'll make some incredibly stupid decisions with the game on the line. There's no reason to play him anymore unless Freeze hopes to get him a shot at being a scout team NFL backup.

Play the kid wide receivers. All 4 of them. Lewis and Sam Jackson VI showed why they weren't go to guys yesterday.

K. Scott can't cover anyone.

Put one of the young qb's in and open up the offense. At least it will be fun to watch. That last sequence, I expected incompletion, sack, pick. Instead it was incompletion, sack incompletion. A moral victory.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

2 guys made for each other. This program is in the death penalty. I mean really. 

Robert Lewis dropped the game winner. It was a routine catch. He played for Georgia State.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Has Freeze started buying beachfront properties yet. He has studied Harsin’s playbook. Come to Auburn, fake it till you make it. Those suckers will pay Anything!!

Put the next coach in here with Robert Lewis and this OL and this QB and this secondary and this DL and that coach will be studying the Harsin playbook. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, naildawg said:

The next game is pivotal in my mind. The season is gone. they have to win 4 out of Bama, UK, Vanderbilt, A & M and Louisiana Monroe to get an invite to play some obscure school in the Hoboken Depends Bowl. Custer had a better chance. 3-9 is not out of the question.

If Freeze cares about salvaging anything from the season, the Thorne experiment has to end. The kid has heart, he occasionally makes bang up plays but it seems inevitable, every winnable game he'll make some incredibly stupid decisions with the game on the line. There's no reason to play him anymore unless Freeze hopes to get him a shot at being a scout team NFL backup.

Play the kid wide receivers. All 4 of them. Lewis and Sam Jackson VI showed why they weren't go to guys yesterday.

K. Scott can't cover anyone.

Put one of the young qb's in and open up the offense. At least it will be fun to watch. That last sequence, I expected incompletion, sack, pick. Instead it was incompletion, sack incompletion. A moral victory.

I appreciate the post but with Brown we are losing by even worse and it won't be preparing them for next year. It is a lose lose situation. We can't do anything about it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The good

- Run game looked better. Still don't block very much, but our backs are great and the run play calling was better. We leaned on it more than in other games. Penalties and setbacks kept us from doing more with the run game. The lack of OL shows when we get in the red zone and people crowd the line more.

- Defense overall played better. The defensive backs overall played better, not great, but better.

- Punt game was good, pinning them back inside the 5 the last two drives.

- I thought the play calling was better. We tried to mix the run/pass and had a number of creative plays that worked. Pass plays tried to focus more on some shorter passes to help the QB get the ball out quicker. None of it worked because our talent and execution is awful, doesn't change that the plan was better.

The bad

- QB play and offensive line continue to be terrible and won't get any better. No talent and poor effort. I think PT thinks he's a "coach" and continually changes plays thinking he's so smart, but he isn't and can't execute either.

- Field goal game was terrible. Unfortunately we had a really great kicker who has had some serious health problems. Hopefully he gets to medical redshirt this season.

- DL is not very good, they have 10 seconds to look all over before throwing the ball with a clean pocket. You can't cover them for that long.

- Overall conditioning and effort is very soft. We haven't had a hard nosed coach in many years, so the days of coming up and giving max effort are long gone. Part of it is just what FB has become, "we love you," "let's not get anyone hurt," "we are all there for you," "we hurt for the kids," yada yada. Maybe there are fewer head injuries, but I liked the day when we "knocked the crap" out of people and anything less was unacceptable.

As a side note, I watched the Mi St/Iowa game last evening. MiSt has had as many problems as AU the past few years, but they brought the wood! Similar to us, their offense is a work in progress, they kicked 6 field goals (good kicker) as they couldn't score in the red zone. But they play a 19 yr old at QB and played with great effort and heart, especially on defense. It was refreshing after watching the AU train wreck.

• Like 2

What is up with this same old song and dance that "we need to look at the film" - that's 4-5 weeks from both Freeze and Thorne answering in the post game. Someone needs to find out what they found and why it wasn't fixed after "looking at the film". 

Also - we don't need balance - we needed to be shoving it down their throat with the run game. We had Missouri DLine on roller skates getting a nice shove and good positive yardage. Why try to balance that with a QB who's throws are all over the map - late or way out in front hospital balls or sailing over heads or WRs who continually drop the ball in key situations. It's been there every week "on the film" that Thorne can't connect or we are dropping passes. So lets lose this idea of balance forcing low percentage passing plays - in your dreams that may be what you see a pass play that works on a high percentage(like the fade) - but "on the film" is reality and these blown games should have enough evidence of what reality is for this team.

32 minutes ago, difball said:

What is up with this same old song and dance that "we need to look at the film" - that's 4-5 weeks from both Freeze and Thorne answering in the post game. Someone needs to find out what they found and why it wasn't fixed after "looking at the film". 

Also - we don't need balance - we needed to be shoving it down their throat with the run game. We had Missouri DLine on roller skates getting a nice shove and good positive yardage. Why try to balance that with a QB who's throws are all over the map - late or way out in front hospital balls or sailing over heads or WRs who continually drop the ball in key situations. It's been there every week "on the film" that Thorne can't connect or we are dropping passes. So lets lose this idea of balance forcing low percentage passing plays - in your dreams that may be what you see a pass play that works on a high percentage(like the fade) - but "on the film" is reality and these blown games should have enough evidence of what reality is for this team.

Easy to say, but when a holding call sets you back to 1st and 20, it's hard to "run it down their throat" and make a first down!! Or when your run on 1st down results in a 2 yd loss because the line can't block, you get off schedule. To "run it down their throats" you have to consistently get yardage and be clean with your execution. You can't just have great RBs that do something special every 3rd or 4th play, you won't make first downs! It has to be consistent and error free, which we just can't do.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to run it down their throats, I just don't think we can.

Edited by gabo4au

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

Robert Lewis dropped the game winner. It was a routine catch. He played for Georgia State.

Were you saying this when we brought in Lewis? Why does Freeze bear no responsibility in your mind for who he brings in? If he brings in talentless G5 players that can't perform, why is that just the players fault and not the coach's? 

The problem isn't talent. But even if it was, why does Freeze get a pass then? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

I appreciate the post but with Brown we are losing by even worse and it won't be preparing them for next year. It is a lose lose situation. We can't do anything about it. 

Hell, Play Geriner then. He's transferring out anyway probably when Deuce joins Walker. The kid has never really had a chance. Stick with Thorne, end up with 8-10 losses.

28 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It just sucks so bad to be fighting for that Birmingham bowl. It just really sucks!

It doesn’t really matter so much.  Auburn football is totally irrelevant and has been for years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keesler said:

It doesn’t really matter so much.  Auburn football is totally irrelevant and has been for years. 

It's weird that I felt absolutely nothing when Missouri came back and won. I wasn't upset or disappointed. It's just expected and it's mostly a meaningless game anyway. 

I remember crying at the end of the LSU Earthquake game. I was a very young kid but the point is I've been locked in for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

Its depressing really. I was looking forward to dragging all my in-laws down to Norman next year to see Auburn play, since they are always making me go to Kstate games. I'm actually considering canceling that. I just can't even remember the last time I enjoyed watching our football team play. I just want 'don't embarrass me in front of my wife's family' level of effort. I feel like I'm not asking for alot.

8 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Its depressing really. I was looking forward to dragging all my in-laws down to Norman next year to see Auburn play, since they are always making me go to Kstate games. I'm actually considering canceling that. I just can't even remember the last time I enjoyed watching our football team play. I just want 'don't embarrass me in front of my wife's family' level of effort. I feel like I'm not asking for alot.

Had such a wonderful time at the Cal game in Berkley last year. Basically partying with the Auburn family in Cali.

We so enjoyed lining up for Tiger walk on the road and then kick off happened. It was mostly downhill after kickoff, despite the win last year.

Of course, with this seasons, it has only gotten worse. So sad!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

It's weird that I felt absolutely nothing when Missouri came back and won. I wasn't upset or disappointed. It's just expected and it's mostly a meaningless game anyway. 

I remember crying at the end of the LSU Earthquake game. I was a very young kid but the point is I've been locked in for a long time. 

I get a feeling of futility and numbness and think of all the things I could have been doing instead of watching a dumpster fire.

21 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Were you saying this when we brought in Lewis? Why does Freeze bear no responsibility in your mind for who he brings in? If he brings in talentless G5 players that can't perform, why is that just the players fault and not the coach's? 

The problem isn't talent. But even if it was, why does Freeze get a pass then? 

i am pretty sure freeze has used up most of the goodwill he might have had going for him. he has made some blunders and i am betting the leash will be much tighter. i do think even tho he would not start his first year if we keep duece we keep our class. if freeze does not go out and get a decent qb he will. i think we are finally in the cellar in the sec. that stinks.

On 10/20/2024 at 6:13 AM, naildawg said:

Custer had a better chance. 3-9 is not out of the question.

Your confidence against 5-1 ULM is heartwarming.

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Georgeair said:

Your confidence against 5-1 ULM is heartwarming.

Their defense is better than people think. And Hugh doesn't have the best record preparing and executing against lower tier G5 teams. Actually...Hugh doesn't have a good record executing against any team at the moment.