Congrats Hugh Freeze

TeamZero77

You keep on breaking Auburn records but in a bad way. Hugh has now coached 20 games at Auburn. In those 20 games he has had a 4 game losing streak last year, a 3 game losing streak to end the season last year and is now in another 4 game losing streak. All of this in only 20 games!!! No other head coach in Auburn history has had 2 separate 4 game losing streaks and a 3 game losing streak in their first 20 games. Brother Hugh is in a league all his own. Oh yeah, we were 3-0 versus Missouri since they joined the SEC. Gus was 2-0 against them and even Harsin beat them in 2022. Not Hugh though. He had to ruin that streak.

Harsin was fired after 21 games. He was 9-12 and had lost 4 games in a row when he was fired. If we lose AT Kentucky, Hugh will be 8-13 and have 5 losses in a row. He's worse than Harsin.

He has lost 7 straight games to Power 4 teams, going back to last years Iron Bowl. He loses games in EVERY way imaginable. Other than recruiting, he has done nothing at Auburn except make excuses (which he has done his entire coaching career) and throw people under the bus (which he has also done his entire career).

I'm eager to see what our A.D. and BOT will do if we finish 2-10 or 3-9 with no SEC wins. Remember, they fired Chizik for a 3-9 year. He was 3-0 in bowl games, won a Natty and an SEC Title and was recruiting in the top 10 and had a class ranked 4th.

So how can they keep Hugh, based solely on his recruiting and nothing else, when they fired Chizik who was a great recruiter and won ALOT more games and a Natty? 

Rant over. Now I'm gonna go watch Mr. Excuses throw everybody under the bus again in his postgame presser.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'm eager to see what our A.D. and BOT will do if we finish 2-10 or 3-9 with no SEC wins. Remember, they fired Chizik for a 3-9 year. He was 3-0 in bowl games, won a Natty and an SEC Title and was recruiting in the top 10 and had a class ranked 4th.

So how can they keep Hugh, based solely on his recruiting and nothing else, when they fired Chizik who was a great recruiter and won ALOT more games and a Natty? 

Rant over. Now I'm gonna go watch Mr. Excuses throw everybody under the bus again in his postgame presser.

chiziks 3-9 year aka Scott Loeffler's ... was the absolute lowest of lows in recent Auburn football history (at least in the past two decades maybe three?), that 3-9 team was CLEARLY much worse off than this squad.  Frankly, he was fired in part because everyone knew 2010 was Newton, Fairley, & Malzahns championship and there was an opportunity to get Malzahn back which happened followed by 2013's success. 

Edited by EagleReedle

2 minutes ago, EagleReedle said:

chiziks 3-9 year aka Scott Loeffler's ... was the absolute lowest of lows in recent Auburn football history (at least in the past two decades maybe three?), that 3-9 team was CLEARLY much worse off than this squad. 

And that guy coached Tom Brady.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

You keep on breaking Auburn records but in a bad way. Hugh has now coached 20 games at Auburn. In those 20 games he has had a 4 game losing streak last year, a 3 game losing streak to end the season last year and is now in another 4 game losing streak. All of this in only 20 games!!! No other head coach in Auburn history has had 2 separate 4 game losing streaks and a 3 game losing streak in their first 20 games. Brother Hugh is in a league all his own. Oh yeah, we were 3-0 versus Missouri since they joined the SEC. Gus was 2-0 against them and even Harsin beat them in 2022. Not Hugh though. He had to ruin that streak.

Harsin was fired after 21 games. He was 9-12 and had lost 4 games in a row when he was fired. If we lose AT Kentucky, Hugh will be 8-13 and have 5 losses in a row. He's worse than Harsin.

He has lost 7 straight games to Power 4 teams, going back to last years Iron Bowl. He loses games in EVERY way imaginable. Other than recruiting, he has done nothing at Auburn except make excuses (which he has done his entire coaching career) and throw people under the bus (which he has also done his entire career).

All well said.  Fact based.  Dispassionate analysis.  It will be ignored by 95% of the AUFAMILY subscribers.  Any rationale analysis of this s***-show says he should go sooner vs later...well, should have never been hired.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

No one at Auburn should ever lose 7 straight games to power 4 opponents. Let that sink in. That's Vanderbilt level performance (with assuredly more talent than Vanderbilt ever had), before Vanderbilt went out and got what they needed to be better in the portal. Which apparently can work for other teams but when it doesn't work for Auburn it's just 'the nature of the transfer portal', or 'the ceiling you're going to find in transfers'. Whatever the reason we are losing: talent, execution, bad qb play, turnovers, it's not Freeze's responsibility according to many.

There is a contingent of Auburn fans on this site that have an inability to hold coaches accountable. It's like they equate criticizing an Auburn coach to giving up their Auburn fandom. I saw it with Gus. I saw it with Harsin. I've seen it to some extent with Bruce and his run with awful guards. And now I see it with Hugh. So don't be surprised. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Easy answer. There is no replacement. We need players. We have a lot invested in the current class. NO ONE IS COMING TO FACE THIS FAN BASE IN THE SEC WITH LIMITED TALENT. Yes, Robert Lewis is not talented. He played for Georgia Southern. We still have to buy an OL and a QB. Anyway, you got 5 more games to rant about Freeze. You can start over in a year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Easy answer. There is no replacement. We need players. We have a lot invested in the current class. NO ONE IS COMING TO FACE THIS FAN BASE IN THE SEC WITH LIMITED TALENT. Yes, Robert Lewis is not talented. He played for Georgia Southern. We still have to buy an OL and a QB. Anyway, you got 5 more games to rant about Freeze. You can start over in a year.

Exhibit A. Freeze has had enough time to get a top 15 and a top ten recruiting class and two transfer classes, but we aren't talented enough to beat Cal. Not bama or georgia...CAL. So even if talent WAS the issue, which at this point I think @Auburn93 might be one of the last people on this forum that believes this still, when does that becomes Freeze's fault for misevalutating recruiting and transfer talent? The excuses to put our horrible performances on ANYTHING but Freeze will go on and on. It never ends. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

For the 283747382617374 time, we have more and better talent now than the previous 3 years outside of a banged up Bo Nix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

freeze may be the biggest fraud since Harsin.

conned Auburn and sold us a bunch of bs. Ad Cohen is just as guilty. They have one more year to prove that they are right. Otherwise Auburn does what it does best make incompetent coaches millionaires.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Truth. 

7 hours ago, EagleReedle said:

chiziks 3-9 year aka Scott Loeffler's ... was the absolute lowest of lows in recent Auburn football history (at least in the past two decades maybe three?), that 3-9 team was CLEARLY much worse off than this squad.  Frankly, he was fired in part because everyone knew 2010 was Newton, Fairley, & Malzahns championship and there was an opportunity to get Malzahn back which happened followed by 2013's success. 

The clear symptom was a change of offensive philosophy. This team has so much more wrong. They only positive they seem to still be engaged . Would that still be deemed the worst if this current team finishes with a 2-10 schedule and an easier schedule 

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Why is Robert Lewis playing when u have Cain and Perry Thompson on the roster. The oline excuse is old and tired. They aren’t as bad as it seems . If that’s the case Texas needs an oline as well  . From what I saw UGA defense ran roughshod over them all night. . What this team needs if much deeper than oline guys

14 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

The telecast showed a stat. Auburn was 100-1 when leading by two touchdowns in the 2nd half. Now we're 100-2. Great job Freeze.

9 hours ago, TigerOne said:

freeze may be the biggest fraud since Harsin.

conned Auburn and sold us a bunch of bs. Ad Cohen is just as guilty. They have one more year to prove that they are right. Otherwise Auburn does what it does best make incompetent coaches millionaires.

I think  Cohen was told to hire Freeze by the man who wears the yellow cowboy hat. Wasn't really his choice. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

You are eager to see? You will hear a vote of confidence. Robert Lewis dropped a routine catch thrown perfectly. It was the game winner. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, e808 said:

Why is Robert Lewis playing when u have Cain and Perry Thompson on the roster. The oline excuse is old and tired. They aren’t as bad as it seems . If that’s the case Texas needs an oline as well  . From what I saw UGA defense ran roughshod over them all night. . What this team needs if much deeper than oline guys

Probably because they don't know what to do in all situations leading up to that point. The oline excuse is old and tired but it doesn't make it not true. I'm not defending the team's record, but it would be DIFFERENT if players made plays. 

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Probably because they don't know what to do in all situations leading up to that point. The oline excuse is old and tired but it doesn't make it not true. I'm not defending the team's record, but it would be DIFFERENT if players made plays. 

Let me ask u this . Who recruited these guys. PT doesn’t know what to do in all situations and it appears neither does Scott. They are upper class men. So is the concern losing  by 4 vs 21 if u let the young guys develop. If not now then when. Someone has to be QB2  next year.
 Lastly the oline has some issues but they aren’t fair off as it’s made to seem. #73 is an issue but again who keeps trotting him out there. Other  top tier teams oline looked like hot garbage yesterday . Qb play and play designs go along way. 

As a side note no Oline recruiting Gus churned out almost 400 rushing yards on the ground with a redshirt freshmen , on the road against the #9 team. 

Edited by e808

I’m so tired of the no players excuse. We are vastly more talented than at least 1/3 of the SEC and probably 70% of the country. Yet here we are. This losing streak isn’t a player thing. It isn’t even a Payton Thorne thing. It’s a culture problem. A team takes the personality of its coach, and our coach is too soft, and takes himself too seriously. And thinks he’s better than he is.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, e808 said:

The clear symptom was a change of offensive philosophy. This team has so much more wrong. They only positive they seem to still be engaged . Would that still be deemed the worst if this current team finishes with a 2-10 schedule and an easier schedule 

I agree about the change in offensive philosophy. 

I don't think I agree with you that this team has so much more wrong. We are a couple of plays away each game from winning . . . where as the 2012 team was just completely anemic and non competitive. I am pretty indifferent about Freeze but I do think things could be interesting when he has a more dynamic QB. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EagleReedle said:

I agree about the change in offensive philosophy. 

I don't think I agree with you that this team has so much more wrong. We are a couple of plays away each game from winning . . . where as the 2012 team was just completely anemic and non competitive. I am pretty indifferent about Freeze but I do think things could be interesting when he has a more dynamic QB. 

If u dig deeper. There were 3 games that they got ran off the field. Also look at that years schedule vs this year. Just adding some context. Lastly when I say much more u can’t really say clean one thing up. For example  u have turnovers, poor special teams, penalties that extend drives, drops, bad qb and at time bad oline play, poor scheme and poor clock management to name a few. U can say a few plays away but all of that has contributed to losing. As of right now there isn’t one thing that this team will do  correctly on a consistent basis

Edited by e808

Just let the young guys continue getting reps and experience is my suggestion.  They are already starting to take over from the upperclassmen anyway. 

Here is a thought. Alot of our upper classmen are transfers. Where did they transfer from? Tulsa, Junior college, Appy State, Georgia St. , Cal.,  North Carolina, Maryland. Not exactly powerhouses with winning cultures. Our best players are young pups still learning.  We got no upperclassmen from programs with winning pedigree.  On the flipside CHF is the ones who brought them in so it's his baby. 2 things can be true at the same time. I realize we got a couple from Texas and A@M hamburger squad as well.

24 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Here is a thought. Alot of our upper classmen are transfers. Where did they transfer from? Tulsa, Junior college, Appy State, Georgia St. , Cal.,  North Carolina, Maryland. Not exactly powerhouses with winning cultures. Our best players are young pups still learning.  We got no upperclassmen from programs with winning pedigree.  On the flipside CHF is the ones who brought them in so it's his baby. 2 things can be true at the same time. I realize we got a couple from Texas and A@M hamburger squad as well.

To play devil’s advocate, it was a definite intention to use most of the NIL pie on big time HS guys rather than dudes who can go now. 

The team is of the talent level and first 3 quarters of production where that philosophy should’ve produced a good team. It’s a top 5 team in the SEC if fourth quarters don’t exist. 

I can’t really give an excuse to the any positional groups without admitting it’s a mis-evaluation on that talent front, but the defensive line veteran pickups haven’t done much. The LBs in pass coverage vary. No real secondary depth, just freshmen at this point. Some of the names we really liked there haven’t panned out, and that side has some dudes from big time programs (Trill Carter - Texas, Antonio Kite - Alabama, for example) 

As a program, 

You don't try to half fire Bryan Harsin, then let him keep his job under a cloud of embarrassment and not pay for it. 

The football gods not gonna give us our get back until those karmic debts are paid.

Half joking but half not lol. Our program DESERVES this. Our fans and players don't, but those in charge do. 

• Like 4