This is NOT a talent problem folks!

arktiger1975

5 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Watching Milroe target R Williams almost every pass.   We have Cam and barely use him at all.  Coaching malpractice

What happened to Thompson and Cain

26 minutes ago, cbo said:

Why do you think NIL is the problem and not Freeze? Do you think we have a top 5 2025 recruiting class without a ton of NIL money? 

I don't think it will be sustainable for Auburn. So I am looking at more than just one year.

1 minute ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I don't think it will be sustainable for Auburn. So I am looking at more than just one year.

Fair point. I think it will be sustainable, at least as much as it is for anybody. 

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Fair point. I think it will be sustainable, at least as much as it is for anybody. 

It could be. Then who knows what they will do with portals etc over the next couple of years. So the landscape could change completely.

I believe in giving a coach 4 years. If it isn't there then make the change. Just please have a plan.

3 hours ago, creed said:

I believe your analogy is where we stand. However, I still believe our #1 issue is the oline. The LOS is where the "REAL" game is played.

That can be negated though.

I'll cite that by going off all the posters who say Gus never recruited O linemen but never had a losing season.

But congrats to the AU decision makers, you've made me yearn for the "can't hack it, mickey mouse offense, not SEC talented, no o line recruiting' garbage can of a coach Gus. 

:lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

And remember, he only won at ole miss because he cheated and bought players.

Even then Ole Miss still lost to Auburn and didn’t come close to a championship 

4 hours ago, creed said:

I believe your analogy is where we stand. However, I still believe our #1 issue is the oline. The LOS is where the "REAL" game is played.

If u watched the entire landscape of college football today. Nobody has a dominating oline. The difference is scheme and having a qb that can execute under pressure or when opportunities present themselves 

• Like 2

We have every right to complain, but we have wasted $40 million to get to where we are and can’t afford to keep pissing away resources.  Freeze must get better QB play and leadership from the position. There isn’t a better option waiting for the opportunity and Freeze has always produced winning teams at every point in his career. 

8 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Rane is the reason why Freeze is the HC and is the reason why Freeze will get at least 1 more year, possibly 2 more years to turn this around.  I’m afraid we have a lot more loser football to endure. 

Without Rane, we would really be screwed.

It kind of is a talent problem.  Anytime you are starting this many freshman you have a talent problem.  The QB and Oline have a talent problem.  Hugh hasn’t helped the situation with some of the play calls but it still goes backs to not having the guys to run “his” offense.  Next year will be a problem too when the defense is still mostly freshmen and sophomores.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e808 said:

If u watched the entire landscape of college football today. Nobody has a dominating oline. The difference is scheme and having a qb that can execute under pressure or when opportunities present themselves 

Do some teams have dominating DL players? Are there more of those? Are we not recruiting those guys? I think that is as important as QB. Think about 2010-Legendary  QB and the best DT in the country. 

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

It kind of is a talent problem.  Anytime you are starting this many freshman you have a talent problem.  The QB and Oline have a talent problem.  Hugh hasn’t helped the situation with some of the play calls but it still goes backs to not having the guys to run “his” offense.  Next year will be a problem too when the defense is still mostly freshmen and sophomores.  

We need to tamper and steal 5 OL and 5 DL from the real programs to fill those extra scholarship spots if they go to 105.

24 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Do some teams have dominating DL players? Are there more of those? Are we not recruiting those guys? I think that is as important as QB. Think about 2010-Legendary  QB and the best DT in the country. 

Both of those guys were Juco players. In this day and age that likelihood of something like that happening again is slim. Again u are harping on talent but someone still has to coach them up. U shouldnt need a team full of 5 stars to beat powerhouses like California and New Mexico. Like mentioned in an earlier thread 2012 was pretty bad and won 3 games. This team could win less with a much more manageable schedule but the excuses continue to pour in.

Back to the thread title, yes it IS partly a talent problem (see starting O line), partly a problem from GREEN frosh/soph top tier talent, and partly a dozen "miscelleanoeous" issues like focusing EVERY play and coaches botching gameday situational play calls. Don't oversimplify it.

19 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Give me the plan for the money, the coach we got in hand, the finances to hold current players and recruiting class together and I'm on in for making a move in the next 10 minutes.

I also do not know what NIL funds were promised him when he took the job. I do know our NIL organization is ranked mid to lower level tier in conference though.

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting the NIL balances every team in the conference?  I’m seriously interested to know where these collectives stand and the multimillions they gather to buy their rosters. 

I also wonder how Auburn has amassed a top 5 class for 2025 with huge flips when our NIL is meager compared to our conference brothers? 

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting the NIL balances every team in the conference?  I’m seriously interested to know where these collectives stand and the multimillions they gather to buy their rosters. 

I also wonder how Auburn has amassed a top 5 class for 2025 with huge flips when our NIL is meager compared to our conference brothers? 

What a lot of people get confused on is that NIL $$$ shown on the players, first off is pretty inaccurate for a lot of them;

And then for the big stars, a TON of that NIL money isn't from the schools NIL funds at all. KFC paying S Sanders isn't using Colorado NIL funds. Quinn Ewers/Manning being in commercials aren't using Texas NIL funding for some examples.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Somehow worse than Robert Lewis...at least if you trust Hugh Freeze's evaluation of things 

And those are his hand picked players…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

Right? "Auburn (something) sells itself to recruits," despite lower NIL, less emphasis on the football factory, and lower probability of launching you to the NFL. Is it the yeast rolls? Sam's Club membership? Pressure treated pine discount?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Right? "Auburn (something) sells itself to recruits," despite lower NIL, less emphasis on the football factory, and lower probability of launching you to the NFL. Is it the yeast rolls? Sam's Club membership? Pressure treated pine discount?

It’s the rolls. Always the rolls. Especially if there is soft, cinnamon butter involved.

• Wow 1

18 hours ago, rocketman73 said:

Talent problem?

"If you naysayers and whiners wanna complain, get off the sofa and onto the field. Take some hits"...Bo Jackson

Alabama locker room sign: "Be a champion".

We do. You don't.

I'm a TROLL?

TROLL?

Entered API 1957, graduated AU 1961. Vietnam fighter pilot, disabled veteran; 86 years old.

• Alumni Association Life Member (61 years)

• Alumni Circle of Excellence

• Young Alumni Mentor

• Auburn Student Veterans Mentor

• Alumni Association Scholarship Donor

• Athletic Scholarship Donor (41 years)

• Engineering Eagle

• Samford Society

• 1856 Society

• Foy Society

• Cater Society

TROLL?

• When will/did you graduate?

• Of what degree are/were you in pursuance?

• What have YOU given to Auburn?

OH. UN HUH

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Can get estimates looking at:

https://nil-ncaa.com/

https://www.on3.com/